“Nice and worth to try”

Terraces Restaurant
Reserve with
Terraces Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Main Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$62
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gold Coast, Australia
“Nice and worth to try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Winter promotion buffet dinner, it's 30% off from the normal price. Variety of food, good value and top standard!
I love the fresh seafood however it's abit disappointed about the crab served, it's not fresh.
Overall, it's good value to dine in the 5 star hotel in the coast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southport, Australia
“Excellent dining experience and value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was here for lunch hosting a senior work colleague and passionate connoisseur of seafood from Singapore. Opted to come to the Terraces for the seafood buffet. It didn't disappoint. Fresh seafood and a good variety. The dessert spread was excellent too. Ambience and service was great as would be expected for Sheraton. Ironically, I am a vegetarian and for obvious reasons, options were limited, but I didn't starve!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hotelanatomist
Brisbane, Australia
“Ohh my goodness...wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I took my sister to celebrate her birthday at this restaurant today 19th June 2014. The seafood was beautiful and fresh, the oysters tasted like they came fresh off the rocks and the prawns were so fresh, even though they were cooked, they were still jumping. The attention we received from the staff member, Victoria was outstanding and they even gave my sister a special birthday cake/desert selection of a plate. (See attached photo) At the moment they have an amazing special at the restaurant for lunch and dinner for the seafood buffet and if seafood isn't to your liking, there is other amazing choices of food. If you are visiting the Gold Coast, make the effort to go here and don't forget to book, you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank happy_snapper_11
Market Lavington, United Kingdom
“Overated...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

As travellers to the Gold Coast from in-land Australia, we were very keen to have a nice and fresh seafood buffet. The reviews on here had us to believing that the buffet here would be worth trying.

Whilst you have to allow a certain amount of grace for the fact that it is a buffet and not cooked-to-order, you'd expect that for the price and having the support of a brand such a Sheraton, that the quality and the atmosphere would be significantly better.

There was a fairly decent selection of food however, the majority of it was over-cooked. Again, you can put this in part to the fact that it is a buffet and the food continues to cook under the heat lamps, but you'd expect better from a place like this. In fact, the only food that I found enjoyable were the prawns and to be honest if you can't get fresh prawns on the Gold Coast, you shouldn't be operating at all!

The biggest issue however was the atmosphere. The tables are close together like a cheap food court at a shopping centre and there is a loud water feature which makes conversation almost impossible.

The waiting staff, whilst friendly, were inattentive and slow. Considering that we were getting our own food and the restaurant wasn't particularly busy, the number of staff working should've been able to bring a drink or clear the prawn/crab shell plates much quicker than they did! At one point, we found ourselves with barely room to move because the (already small) table was filling with used buffet plates. Again, I know that this is due to our decision to use clean plates each time, but you'd think they would be keeping an eye on the tables to clear these!

Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend to anyone that's reading this review in an attempt to weigh up all of the different seafood buffet options on the Gold Coast, that you consider one of the others! We too found the reviews on here and I think that they are far too generous for what is effectively an evening of peeling prawns and shouting to be heard over the waterfall feature.

2 Thank jewr
Brisbane, Australia
“Worth More.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Took the winter saver weekend special. No sooner had we followed one of the waiters to the table we knew we where on a winner. The setting was to our taste and the food laid out to stimulate our taste buds. The prawns and oysters signalled the sea had came to us and now reality set in my wife and I savoured these delights. To be frank, we couldn't fault this day and when the bill was settled I wished I could go around and thank all the waiters who attended to our table for two. Hopefully they may read this...Thank You.