“Charming old house in the middle of quiet, green...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grace House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
water color of 'Grace House' painted by local Massachusetts artist,  Elaine Corda
do you see the ruffed grouse?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JaninaDia...
New York City, New York
“Charming old house in the middle of quiet, green fields”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Husband and I spent 3 nights weekend at Grace's house. We had an amazing time in every aspect. The house is spacious, equipped with all that is needed for a vacation rental. The furniture is all antique and very tastefully chosen and arranged so as to recreate the atmosphere of an older era. The house is located on a quiet road, with amazing views of the wooded hills around. There is an unpaved road also, coming right in the front of the house, little used by cars, on which one can take a very pleasant walk for a few miles. We had no problems finding the place and getting access to the house. Even as the house is located in rural area, Grace pointed us to a world-class classical music concert in West Kortright Centre, a former church transformed in a concert hall. We had a wonderful experience, not just in terms of music, but also the people - welcoming, warm, music lovers.
We most definitely plan to come back, thanks a lot for such a wonderful experience.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the woods and fields around
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Sep 2015
Hello Janina: Thank you for your wonderful review. Thank you for staying at my peaceful house in the country. So glad you could attend the concert at the West Kortright Centre. Sincerely, Grace
A Ram A
New York
“Quite and Peaceful Place to stay!”
Reviewed 7 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My family and I enjoyed staying here for labor day weekend. It was nice to si5 on the front porch in the morning, it was very peaceful in this neighborhood. We also loved having campfire at night.

7 Sep 2015
I am glad you enjoyed you short stay at "Grace House". Thank you for your complimentary review of my peaceful house in the country. Grace
Erika C
Queens, New York
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Our experience at Grace house was wonderful. This house and it's surroundings were very kid friendly. My nieces spent the evenings running in the yard and making s'mores by the fire. The house is very cozy and fully equipped for all the needs. We had a great time in Gilbert Lake, Interskate 88 and kayaking which was 30-45 mins away. Grace's brother Michael was very helpful and anticipated all our needs. Overall we had unforgettable moments in this wonderful place and we already miss it :'(

7 Sep 2015
Thank you for your lovely review. I appreciate your comments and you are welcome back to my peaceful house in the country ! Grace
freckles...
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable stay at Grace House”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My family and I stayed at Grace House for a baseball tournament in Cooperstown. The house is a beautiful old farmhouse with a lot of charm! Don't worry that there's no air conditioning...it's not needed. Great breeze at night as you sleep on comfy beds. We fell asleep to the sounds of cows mooing as they grazed across the road. We enjoyed sitting on the porch in the morning before setting out for a busy baseball day ahead.
Grace and her brother were very hospitable and provided us with everything we needed. I want to thank Grace for allowing our dog to stay with as well; our dog also enjoyed the peace and quiet and loved the yard! I highly recommend staying at Grace House for a relaxing stay away from home.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Sep 2015
I appreciate your complimentary review. Any suggestion on how I can make my guests stay even better would be welcomed. Thank you, Grace
efchester
Tallahassee, Florida
“Perfect for my Family”
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My family really enjoyed our stay at Grace House. I loved relaxing on the porch in the morning with my coffee, watching the birds. My husband and kids enjoyed lounging in the hammock, under a nice shade tree. It was great having the yard for the kids to play in. It was a just right home away from home. We would certainly stay here again.

Travelling group: Young Children
2 Sep 2015
Thank you so much for the positive review. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have, as I continue to improve Grace House. . Grace
Wellesley, MA
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved having a whole house to stay in versus hotel room
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
2 Sep 2015
Thank you for your positive review. I am aways striving to enhance Grace House and would appreciate any comments/suggestions you may have. Thank you, Grace
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing