WOW!! If you have kids and want a relaxing, fun filled holiday, Treasure Island is the place to stay! I decided to stay at Treasure Island as it's central to all the theme parks and Treasure Island itself offers so much to do for all the kids of any age, while the adults get to relax.
Checked in Mon 04/11/13 for a 10 night stay, by very friendly, helpful staff. If you're not a member of NRMA, that's OK. I chose the option of joining at check-in and although it didn't give me much of a further discount off my booking, it's well worth it when it gives you 50% off all the kids activities. Having 4 children 4-16 yrs, this was a must. Maybe there could be a FAMILY discount on activities and equipment hire, rather than charge each individual child, to make it more affordable for families. I don't mind paying for the activities and hire, as maintenance is required but it does add up when you have a few kids.
We stayed in the Pandanus Villa 6 pax and I was VERY impressed! Having 2 ensuites was essential with 4 kids. Having your own washer/dryer was awesome and all the appliances are high end brands. I would recommend instructions being available for use of washing machine/dryer, microwave and dishwasher, as I found them a bit tricky to operate at 1st because I didn't know the model. HINT: although there is only cold water supplied to the washing machine, it has an inbuilt heater in it, which gives you warm/hot washes as well as cold. As I stayed 10 nights, I took my own dishwashing tabs and washing powder but the resort does supply these in satchels along with everything you need in the kitchen, bathroom and if there's anything extra you may require, the staff are very helpful and friendly with any request.
The villa was very clean but as there were quite a few mozzies in the villa when we arrived, may I suggest accommodation being checked before arrival by staff. It's QLD and impossible not to have mozzies and the staff were very quick in running me up some flyspray to attack the mozzies ( 5 days later I saw the flyspray under the kitchen cupboard :) ) I scored the King size bed, which was very comfortable but the 2 older children found the mattress' on the bunks a bit thin and not too comfy. Having aircon in the bedrooms as well as the lounge room was great. I loved the BBQ on the patio with it's modern outdoor setting to relax on, while still having plenty of room to move.
Under the stars movie night was fantastic, we all took pillows and blankets to snuggle up as a family to watch a movie all the family could enjoy. When we had days off from going to the theme parks, the kids zoomed around on the karts, played basketball and tennis and loved the jumping pillow. We all played numerous games of mini golf and enjoyed being together in the lagoon and waterfall pools, then relaxing in the spas. The pools are kept clean and well maintained, with plenty of shade over the many lounges available to relax on. If you want to relax while the kids swim, they're never out of your sight at the pools.
Our villa was situated at the rear of the park, so we didn't hear any traffic and it was nice and quiet. Opposite the villa were some tent/van sites which backed directly onto the canal. For safety issues, I would recommend this being fenced off as my son's ball went into the water and he slipped down the embankment onto sharp rocks trying to retrieve it.
We ate at the bistro and the food was very enjoyable and affordable. BIG servings as well, so go to dinner hungry and guaranteed you won't leave hungry! Pizza n Pasta night was our favourite, with a variety of dishes to choose from.
Being located halfway between Harbourtown and Coles (200m either way), was very handy to do the grocery shop for the stay and a fantastic day of shopping at Harbourtown. If you want a night off from cooking, there's plenty of food places within walking distance.
Will definitely make this our YEARLY family holiday!! The convenience of having everything you need, the location, kids activities and the very helpful and friendly staff, make paying that little bit extra in accommodation well worth it. Maybe there could be a FAMILY tariff for the villa's, t/houses and unit's instead of increasing the tariff per person staying??? An EXCELLENT holiday all round and would like to thank the staff for their friendly, courteous and 5* customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the ultimate family holiday on QLDs fabulous Gold Coast with a stay at BIG4 NRMA Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park. Close to all major theme parks, Harbourtown Shopping Centre & the Broadwater, its central location provides easy access to all Gold Coast highlights. There is a great range of self-contained accommodation to choose from at Treasure Island. From 1 and 2-bedroom units, cabins and villas, to 3-bedroom 2-storey townhouses we can cater for all needs and budgets. For those travelling with their own caravan, RV, motorhome or camping equipment, we have a range of powered sites which are superbly located close to amenities and park facilities. Discounted theme park tickets can be purchased at reception and our helpful staff can assist you with tour bookings and other arrangements. Whether you are after a relaxing family break or an action packed adventure holiday, Treasure Island is the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Resort And Holiday Park
- Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park Hotel Biggera Waters
- NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park Gold Coast/Biggera Waters, Australia