“Happy kiddies = Very happy mumma!”

NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Biggera Waters
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Congratulations Treasure Island - your staff are amazing & bend over backwards to please their guests!

Our room was the best, spacious & being right near the jumping castle was a bonus!

I take my children away once a month and have always enjoy our stay's @ Treasure Island over the past 5 years :)

If we are setting up a tent & taking advantage of the best Camp Kitchen or in a room with all the comforts like home, we are always very happy with Treasure Island.

Kiddies are always happy to ride their scooters around the park. The putt putt is always a lot of fun. We love the pools & spa's throughout the park with so much to do there is no need to leave the Resort!

With the new waterpark coming soon I shall make Treasure Island the top of my list!

Room Tip: Family rooms next to jumping pillow are awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Manager at NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for this great review; we are proud to be a part of your frequent holidays with your kids!

We cannot wait for the new pirate-themed waterpark either, the grand opening is very close!

We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I and our 3 children (ages 4,2 and 17months) just recently had a stay at your treasure island holiday park over the Australia Day weekend.
Firstly what was really disappointing was the kids club, when I tried to book my 4 year old in there was no space despite turning up as reception opened for that day. I did not know I could book further in advance and my child was extremely disappointed on not being able to join in. I also found several other families also missing out and I think I suggestion would be to have standby staff for busy weekends to cater for more then 10 children.
Another disappointment was the poorly organised Australia Day family fun day, I realise the girls were trying their best and the did say it was the first time they tried this .... But it was really unorganised and complete chaos and also arranged for 11:30-2pm which was over lunchtime and the hottest part of the day... Our children really look forward to kids club and organised kids activities and we just found it lacking in this.
On the Saturday night it was advertised there was a family night on in the bar. There was a 2 piece band playing islander classics..we found it a little sleepy and melancholy. A suggestion here would be to have a kids disco with songs and dancing... If kids are happy and entertained that makes mums and dads happy. More revenue for the bar and bistro and more likely for people to return with the kids. For school holidays and public holidays I think this would be a big hit with the kids....
Another point about the Sunday night in the bar we are asked to leave at 7pm (when the bar was packed and everyone was enjoying the One day series of the cricket) as there was a function coming in.? I think this should of been mentioned to us at an earlier date or time.
To add to the disappointment one of the 3 pools was closed due to a filtration problem. I personally think that over the busy full capacity weekend this should of been sorted as a matter of priority.
We stayed in number 618 Pandanas villa which was fabulous but our toddling son of 17 months old just wanted to go out onto the outdoor area and walk off the stairs. We spent most of our time trying to stop him and he cried all time. Something that would of made our holiday so much more pleasant and easier would be a simple retracting baby gate.. When you advertise as a family resort, finishing touches like this make all the difference.
We are Big 4 members and really enjoy visiting your parks but unfortunately found this particular holiday not so relaxing and fun as we think it could of possibly been.
We paid $320 night and feel ripped off completely for the value of money, we had to pay extra for the kids activities and after we checked out I forgot to hand in the "fun pass" that I didn't use to get my refund as there was no space in kids club so just added to the extremely expensive weekend.
Would not recommend At all - feel very let down

Room Tip: Don't go
7  Thank HeidiBenson
austpm, Guest Relations Manager at NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

This reviewer contacted the Park Managers, and as part of our efforts to ensure continued customer satisfaction, we have spoken to this reviewer directly and the issues raised have since been resolved.

While some issues, such as the pool closure and bar being booked for a function, were unavoidable, we have apologised that the reviewers stay was less than satisfactory.

As pointed out in the response, this was the first time we have put on activities for Australia Day, and this feedback will be utilised to ensure future activities do not have the same issues.

We invite all visitors to our park to bring any issues the may encounter to the immediate attention of staff so that we may work to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed in the Pandanus Villa for 3 nights with 3 adults and 2 kids (4 and 12 yo). Villa was clean, contemporary and well-appointed. Villas reasonably private and quiet. Both air-con and TV was not working on check-in but this was quickly fixed. Breakfast in cafe did not open until 730am (too late for kids) and was never ready on time (food not setup, cutlery missing etc). There was also canned fruit (plenty of fresh fruit available in QLD). I would BYO own breakfast next time (large shopping centre next door). We loved the tennis, pools, jumping pillow, go-karts but disappointed that the waterslide and waterfall were not working. You do need to pay for the tennis and go-karts (we got a voucher for mini-golf). Great for the kids - and the adults can relax too!

Room Tip: Pandanus Villas are probably the quietest as they are away from the pools.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Manager at NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for leaving this review. We take all feedback on board in our continued efforts to improve our services.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Treasure Island has the best set up of kids facilities I have come across for accommodation/camping sites on the Gold Coast, which means more time for parents to relax and enjoy a meal/drink etc while still able to supervise the kids play on the jumping pillow, which I might add is under cover so less risk of sunburn. They also have dedicated areas for vey small children which are often overlooked but very important for parents with littlies. The main swimming pools are also great fun and suit both children and adults, again with some areas under cover for the little ones (or big ones). We find the food to be very reasonably priced and tasty and enjoy breakfasts/dinners etc on the deck while the kids play a few feet away still supervised. The best thing is that we don't have to go anywhere else as there is so much to do on site so less expensive and more time to relax in one place. The amenities are really good and always clean and there are plenty of sinks and BBQ's etc which is important when you are camping (we have a camper trailer so takes a bit more time to get to unwind after you arrive). Even though the location is very close to main roads and Harbour Town shopping etc, there is plenty of privacy and surprisingly no road noise thanks to the abundant palm trees which are really reinforce the holiday feel, especially when camping. Treasure Island is my family's number 1 camping destination and we always find the staff really friendly and helpful. We haven't had a chance to try all the facilities yet, including mini-golf and kids club as we can spend the entire day just between the jumping pillow, pools and swings. My only complaint would be the noise from other people having a good time !! I would highly recommend staying at Treasure Island for the quality of its undercover family friendly facilities which let Mum and Dad have a more enjoyable and relaxing holiday as well.

Room Tip: N/A Have only camped there
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish T
NRMAHP, Director of Sales at NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It sounds like you had an enjoyable time and we provided you with a great holiday experience! We take on board all kinds of feedback as it helps us to keep improving our park to ensure a positive experience (much like your own) for all our future guests. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back at Treasure Island Holiday Park in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Firstly there is no waterslide!, the mini golf comes at an extra cost which is not mentioned on website, the tennis court is also extra and all activities need a prepaid $15 or $25 card to access!

Booked in for a 2 night stay at a powered tent site on dirt for $250 with four children. The neighbouring tent site was 1 metre over our side! There were a number of empty astro turf spots but management like to bunch you in together. After only being there a few hours (underneath a massive Ibis nest which had feaces everywhere), a storm came and all the water off the other sites came onto our site leaving us in 3 inches of water and mud. Management was asked if we could go into a unit for just 1 night and then leave in the morning as our belongings were soaked using the $250 we had paid for the 2 nights. They replied "only if we paid another $146!" That would have made the total for one night stay $396- in a caravan park!!! This we could not afford so we had to leave on the first afternoon. As we handed in the keys they told me they changed the price to an extra $50 for the night. We told them to forget it and walked out. As for any refund, management replied 28 days was needed. $250 down the drain and no holiday this year.

12  Thank 309KAT
NRMAHP, Director of Sales at NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
We are saddened to hear that you didn’t have a great experience during your stay as we always strive to ensure our guests receive quality service and facilities during their visit.

Unfortunately our waterslide was damaged by guests doing the wrong thing early in the Christmas period. It is currently with a repairer and will be restored shortly, however we do understand your families disappointment that this was not available and apologise for this unavoidable inconvenience.

While Treasure Island Holiday Park does offer many free activities, there are small additional charges for some activities such as tennis and mini-golf, which are only $4 p/p each and these are reduced by 50% for NRMA Members. These charges are advertised via the parks website: http://www.treasureisland.com.au/facilities/guest-information where you can also find the parks booking and refund policies http://www.treasureisland.com.au/booking-and-refund-policy I understand that you made your booking via the parks website so this information should have been readily available to you to check before you booked and arrived to avoid any unrealistic expectations.

In regards to the request to upgrade to a cabin, due to the high occupancy levels at the time of your stay we only one cabin available for the night in question. After applying the credit of fees already paid for the site, the balance owing was $146 for this type of cabin. The manager on duty at the time subsequently offered a further discount bringing the difference down to just $39 (normally costing $455 per night for 2 adults and 4 children at this time of year). We also would have liked to have moved you to an astro turf site, however at the time of your arrival there was only one astro turf site available for one of the days you were booked, all others were either occupied, or had people due to arrive on them. The weather is out of our hands and we do our best to accommodate people’s requests to change their booking due to unforeseen circumstances such as extreme weather. However, we do encourage people to check weather forecasts before going on holiday so they can make an informed decision about their trip and pack accordingly.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the future, especially as we are soon to complete our brand new themed waterpark which is totally free for all guests!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have just returned having spent a week in one of the Pandanus (I think!) Villas with our 4 grandchildren. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it (although glad to be back home now for a rest). We arrived on Christmas Eve just in time for the re-opening of the new pirate mini-golf course I was told by the lovely young lass on reception who checked us in. Before we could even settle into the cabin the kids were champing at the bit to get out and explore, their biggest dilemma was what to do first- would it be the jumping pillow, the mini-golf course, the playground or the pool- mini golf eventually getting the nod! When my wife booked I did think that the price was a bit steep, but having spent a week onsite, I stand corrected, it was worth every cent. My wife was quick to point out to me when she booked that we did opt for one of the better cabins and we were travelling at what would undoubtedly be one of the parks busiest times of the year and that we should expect to pay a premium for the privilege. Smart lady my wife! The kids were naturally a little disappointed the new waterpark that was under construction was not open, that said, we knew nothing of it until we actually got there, so we certainly didn't book with the lure of that that facility- of course now the grand-kids have spotted it they want us to bring them back again so they can try it out! We inquired on check-out as to when it would be completed and were advised that it would be completed by the end of February. We ate at the bistro one night, it certainly wasn't fine dining, but it offered good simple food which was all we were after, and all I imagine most people with families would be seeking. We were not stuck for choice though with the Harbourtown Shopping Centre right next door offering everything we could want. We did the obligatory visit to the theme parks one day, but in all honesty, the kids were quite happy amusing themselves with-in the confines of the park- no complaints here, saved us many a dollar! I noticed there was quite an extensive kids club available also, although we didn't actually have occasion to utilise this as we couldn't get the kids out of the pool long enough. All in all, a great, relaxing time away. As a couple of golden oldies I am not sure that we would need all the "bling" but as a complete, all encompassing family destination, it gets our tick of approval and hope to visit again in the future

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Goldenoldi
NRMAHP, Director of Sales at NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate it, especially one as positive as yours!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at treasure island with my husband and toddler for a week over New Year's Eve and was pretty impressed overall. We stayed in a studio deluxe unit which was big enough for the three of us and pretty comfortable. The pools and landscape are well maintained and there is plenty to do in the resort like hire go karts, mini golf, tennis, basketball and lots of other things. The resort is located well away from surfers paradise but just around the corner from harbourtown shopping centre which was great shops and eateries.

Point to remember - do not stay here if you do not like kids! They are everywhere and can imagine you would go mad here if you were not a parent! It is kid oriented and definitely not a place to visit if you want a quiet romantic trip.

Even though it was a pretty good trip there were a few issues:
- check in is at 2pm and we arrived early, and had to wait around until 3pm for our cabin to be ready. Not great as we had a tired toddler who needed a sleep and had just gotten off a long flight.
- there was a girl at the check in office who was so unfriendly and grumpy every time we interacted with her. Please address this as you do not want unfriendly staff as your first contact with guests.
- You pay for what you get at Galleons Bistro. The meals are cheap and are pretty average. If you want a better meal there are lots of other places nearby to visit.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank stacytoby

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Treasure Island HP.

We apologise that your room was not ready at 2pm as it should have been. As you would have seen, this is an extremely busy time of the year, and our housekeeping staff are under enormous pressure, however we accept that this should not have been the case, especially with a toddler.
Indeed the Treasure Island Holiday Park is a very popular family destination, made even more popular by the great range of facilities that we offer for kids, however we do also offer pockets of accommodation away from the hustle and bustle for those who may be travelling without children.
We pride ourselves on our customer service, so we are disappointed to hear that one of our front office staff did not provide the level of service that we expect of our staff. If you have the time we would appreciate a call or an email to discuss which staff member this was so as we can investigate further.
Thank you again for your feedback, both positive and negative, we really appreciate it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggera Waters
Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Paradise Resort Gold Coast
#15 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel

Been to NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park? Share your experiences!