I have now stayed twice at Treasure Island, once as a couple (Dec 2013) and once with our two kids (June 2014). As a couple the chalet was spacious, shopping at Harbourtown fantasic, and relaxing by the pool at the end of the day is welcome. Having more than one pool means you can find a quiet spot. We returned in June with 2 kids and managed to really try out the park. The jumping pillow and sports were a big hit with the kids, it was also great to be able to sit at the bar and relax whilst supervising our kids playing. The chalet we were in with the kids (Garden Villa) was unfortunately smaller than the one we had on our own, one 2 seater couch is crowded with 4 people! The bathroom was tiny too. If I had know there was a difference in the size I would have potentially made a different booking because the description was the same - one queen bed and 2 bunk beds. All park staff are very friendly and the reception office booked our Outback Spectacular and Dreamworld Tickets with a discount and printed out immediately - very helpful. Opportunities for improvement exist with the restaurant service, it is incredibly hard to find anyone working whether you just need the kiosk, chasing a napkin or a drink. The food was average too, not a bad buffet but also not the best selection or flavour - both kids tried the chicken nuggets and then wouldn't eat them (it's their favourite food!). Overall a great stay, the location is fantastic, Harbourtown next door for shopping or the movies is ideal, the jumping pillow, bar and activities are excellent, but I would recommend either cooking your own food or eating elsewhere. We are considering joining the Big 4 club as we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the ultimate family holiday on QLDs fabulous Gold Coast with a stay at BIG4 NRMA Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park. Close to all major theme parks, Harbourtown Shopping Centre & the Broadwater, its central location provides easy access to all Gold Coast highlights. There is a great range of self-contained accommodation to choose from at Treasure Island. From 1 and 2-bedroom units, cabins and villas, to 3-bedroom 2-storey townhouses we can cater for all needs and budgets. For those travelling with their own caravan, RV, motorhome or camping equipment, we have a range of powered sites which are superbly located close to amenities and park facilities. Discounted theme park tickets can be purchased at reception and our helpful staff can assist you with tour bookings and other arrangements. Whether you are after a relaxing family break or an action packed adventure holiday, Treasure Island is the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Resort & Holiday Park Hotel Biggera Waters
- Treasure Island Resort And Holiday Park
- NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park Gold Coast/Biggera Waters, Australia