“Fair for the price.”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Biggera Waters
Penrith, Australia
“Fair for the price.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was a bit torn on this as I stayed with friends and we had very different rooms so I will go on the room I hired. Although I was impressed with the location and the grounds of the motel there were a few things that brought our stay down. The bathrooms are very dated, our entry door had a gap that allowed noise and heat in along with curtains that did not reach the full length of the windows/sliding door. We had so much noise from the people next door as the noise travels through every gap and crack. This also caused a problem, as I did not complain about the noise at the time (nor did I intend to) , the next day I was called by reception saying that we were too noisy the night before, When I explained that me and my 2 children were asleep (or trying to) at that time and that it was in fact the people next door I was treated very rudely and was told that they did not believe me. The bedroom curtains were very thin and the lights (that are on all night) shone straight in. The spa in the main bathroom however was amazing. The kitchen was good and had modern appliances throughout. The price was great and very affordable. Both pools in the resort were beautiful and the BBQ area is fantastic. My friends room however was beyond gorgeous with fantastic views but my main difference was the bedroom, my bedroom had a very stale smell as the en suite was directly off the bedroom and I didn't have a window that opened yet my friend had a private balcony of their bedroom with lovely big sliding doors allowing for a very airy room that had no light shining in all night.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a waterfront room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Megan B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Top position, fabulous views from room 5 f...north east aspect with sun, warmth, views & all we needed for a fantastic stay. Safe secure parking, lifts, heated pool & rooftop spa , bbq & tables for use rooftop,,...pool. & table tennis for kids.......parks & walkway/ pathway across the road.

Total value for money thanks

Room Tip: North east aspect great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was over the moon we arrived today for our long weekend with 3 kids and we stayed in room 6c and its fantastic we did not pay for a water view however that what we got! Room was modern and clean even had brand new smart tv and the rooftol pool and bbq areas are fantastic will b back for sure

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank beezneez12345
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was told when we booked that we were in a four star apartment. Comparing our apartment to the pics on the website, it was a three star without a doubt. The bathrooms are outdated, the curtains don't fit the windows, the furniture outdated, the apartment half painted. The beds are extremely old and hard. No face washers for the kids. The apartment in like a vacuum - if you shut it all up at night, the noise from the outside air being drawn in under the front door and any gaps in the sliding door is extremely loud! This also means that of next door smokes, their cig smoke is drawn on when you have balcony doors open. It was very clean though, I'll give it that.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank RachelleLily

Travellers are raving about these Biggera Waters hotels

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Can not fault this place. Great value for money. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. The kitchen was the only downfall....it was the tiniest kitchen I have ever been in, however we did manage. The rest of the apartment was lovely, and having our own spa in our room was heaven! I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Should have read the reviews before booking here. Entry into parking is extremely tight, rooms are very poor. Carpet was coming apart, reception was nice though but not enough to make up for the poor rooms.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sam F
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We were really worried after reading all the reviews on here but we found it to be excellent. Admittedly we were upgraded to one of the best rooms in the place but it was lovely. I suggest if you are booking here pay a little extra and book the better rooms. They are all individually owned and standards vary

Stayed April 2014
Q1 Resort and Spa
Q1 Resort and Spa
#5 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,474 reviews

Been to The Atrium Resort? Share your experiences!