Camden Motor Inn
Ocean Blue Motel(Mermaid Beach)
US$72
US$64
Surf Street Motel(Mermaid Beach)
US$75
Diamond Sands Resort(Mermaid Beach)
US$137
US$132
  • Pool
Splendido Resort Apartments(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$152
US$57
  • Pool
Horizons Motel(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$87
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Tropicana Motel Mermaid Beach(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
Hotwire.com
Turtle Beach Resort(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnight owlacross the roadthe gold coastplace to stayrecommend staying heregreat spota wonderful staymoteljacroscoeundercoverhostsgcsurfers
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed one night on a quick business trip to Mermaid Beach. We arrived well before noon and were allowed to check into our rooms immediate ly which was great as we could offload our bags and freshen up. We were booked on an $85 super saver which was a real bargain. The rroms were clean and spacious. The bed was awesomely comfortable. The in room wifi was little expensive at $6 an hour or $20 per day, but it was easy to connect to and pay for and worked fantastically well, which is more than I can say for many other properties. The room also had ample power points to plug inb all the chargers needed for ipads, phones etc. Owners were friendly.

If you are after a clean decent place to stay for a reasonable price, I recommend this for you.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 9 & 10, on the second floor, which is walk up, but quite easy as I am sight and mobility impaired, but had no trouble. I had no disturbance from any street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Flying into Gold Coast late at night before heading to northern NSW, I needed a convenient overnight stay in a location not too far from the airport and is easy to find, given the night I arrived being the eve of Gold Coast 600, I didn't have too many choices - I booked Camden Motor Inn because it looked best among the 3-4 motels I was presented with.

The owners were very kind to ring and find out where I was while enroute to the property, receipts and papers were prepared upon my arrival, thus, check in was smooth and easy.

My room was at the far end of the property and from the highway, being in a corner also means extra windows bringing in the breeze and not much noise from the highway. There were some supercar enthusiasts a few rooms down, drinking outside their room at the corridor/balcony but they were considerate enough to keep the noise level down and did not bother me at all.

The room was clean and comfortable, but the deco is what one would expect from a typical motel - outdated and tacky. The toilet/shower was also very clean, shower has good water pressure and prompt hot water. It also equipped with hair dryer, shaver socket and soap/shampoo/conditioner/bath gel were provided.

The small shopping centre has a 24/7 NightOwl convenient store and places to eat, although most were closed by the time I venture out after 9pm. Fortunately the Thai restaurant across the highway, almost opposite the motel was opened, called Baan Pong Thai. The food was excellent and the service prompt, it is probably one of the best Thai cuisine I had in Australia!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Service was friendly and helpful, good guide to local eateries.
Room was dated but tidy and clean, a little road noise can be expected from the highway.
Undercover car parking was a snug fit for a family car, but acceptable.
Location is good for that stretch of the coast, small shopping centre adjacent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Being the weekend of the Gold Coast marathon accommodation for one night was pretty scarce, however I found Camden Motor Inn without too much trouble and booked one night on the net.

Despite the previous review, we found Lois and Ray to be very accommodating insofar as I did not order breakfast the previous evening but Lois was happy to provide me at short notice with a steaming bowl of porridge with real brown sugar and toast! which was delicious. The rooms were clean and comfortable and basically that's all you need and yes, we would stay there again.

Thanks Lois and Ray
Paula & John (Sydney)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I won't be coming here again.
I had a terrible time at the Camden Motor Inn. The facilities themselves were not bad, however the owners were incredibly unpleasant to guests and not willing to offer any assistance.
This is not somewhere I would stay again, and I urge anyone considering it to RECONSIDER and find somewhere more friendly.
stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple