“Very comfortable”

Spindrift On The Beach
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I decided to stay Spindrift because of its location facing to a sand beach where you can walk, swim and surf. I also took my bike with me and there was a safe space for my bike on the basement. The sea breeze came into the room and it made me feel very comfortable. The kitchen, balcony, laundry and shower room are perfectly ready for use. There was no air conditioner but I didn't feel very hot because of the sea breeze. The manager and staff were very kind. I definitely book Spindrift again in my next visit!!!

Room Tip: If you want to stay at a beach facing room, make sure the room is like that because there are other...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Spindriftonthebeach, Manager at Spindrift On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, please keep in contact as we like to look after return guests with a great rate.

Kind Regards
Darren Stott
Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had room 28 on the top floor, and it was excellent.

I did a bit of research before booking, and the price at Spindrift was very competitive especially once you take into account the location - absolute beachfront.

The room was good, certainly on par or exceeding what we expected in terms of fittings whilst being substantially larger than we expected. The location, not just in terms of being on the beach, but also the local area at Nobby Beach is first class. The beach is stunning, the Nobby SLSC has good food and cold beer and the Nobby shopping village (300m away on GC Hwy) has pretty much everything you need, including some new, funky bars that are full on Friday and Saturday nights.

We visit the GC a couple of times a year, and from now on, probably won't even bother looking at other accommodation options.

Room Tip: Rooms on the northern side of the building receive sunlight all day - we had room 28 and the balcony...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great location for a family away from the hussle and bussle of Surfers. Right on the beach so you dont even have to cross a road to get to the beach. Unit 10 is where we stayed and the unit is modern and a great view straight out onto the beach. Surf life savers set up their flags in front or very close to the front of the property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The beachfront apartment was just what I was looking for. We could walk straight out the gate onto the sand and surf. The apartment had everything we needed, but in summer it could do with air-conditioning. The management were helpful and friendly. I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review and great to here you had a relaxing holiday

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've booked mid January for 14days.
When we arrived the spindrift apartment,actually quite disappointed because agoda advetisement photos was great but it wasn't like at all.
No airconditioning was very annoyning as it was the hot summer season.
The main reason we choose this Spindrift apartment was for the FREE WIFI.
When we arrived they gave us 100MB for 2 weeks.
It doesn't makes sence,you could only use for a few hours.
We always struggled to find a Internet cafe.
first night the Refridgerator brock down so they changed with another old one but few days later broke down again.
So they brough another one but this was full of COCKROACHES come out from behind the Refridgerator during the night.
The apartment also had very damp smelly carpet so we couldn't take off our shoes during the stay.
First nighat my husband's been bitten by fleas and next day my son and I had been bitten by fleas badly.
After 6days we decided to move out to more cleaner place.
Before we check out the apartment we talked to the manager about these problem and asked for a refund the money for the remaining 7days.
He said cleally "NO" and " I will spray to cockroach and they will disappear.No problem."
We showed our flea bitten body but the manager said " How do I believe that it happen in my apartment.

I learnt a great lesson from a this experience.
Never ever believe or trust Agoda Web photos!

Many tourist come to Gold Coast every year and they want to have a great Holiday with their family and friends.
people said "what you pay what you get!"
I know that but spindrift apartments clearly mislead us when advertising on the Agoda Website.
If you want free WIFI with accomodation in Gold Coast,please don't choose the spindrift apartments.
And don't expect any help from the manager.
He is very arguementitive person and defensive at all times.

We contacted Agoda recently to help this issue but they didn't do anything as well.
They just fowarded our e-mail to the Spindrift manager without our consent.
I had attached personal photos outlining our fleas bites and they forwarded this on to them without discussing with me.
Be careful in which web advertise company you use and the accomodation you book.
Even don't too much trust a Review on Web site, some reviews are also misleading to you.
Do your homework.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank miricodd1
Spindriftonthebeach, Manager at Spindrift On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Mrs Codd,
Our records show that you did not login or use your free internet at all during your stay? I also had a conversation with you stating you were aware we did not have or advertise air conditioning at the time you booked? I'm sensing an ulterior motive building? but moving forward, yes the bottom section of your fridge wasn't running as cold us you would have liked so I immediately replacement your fridge with a spare and even helped you to swap contents over and visited you again the following morning yet no sighting of mention of cockroaches or fleas? in fact I saw you numerous times when this could have been brought to my attention yet you waited until the day you decided you needed to leave early seeking a refund that you suddenly and very unpleasantly threatened me with photographic evidence of infestation and whole family riddled with flea bites that strangely you refused to show me in person on the day? But now understand why looking at the unsubstantiated photos and an arm with that appears to be 3 mozzie bites. Mrs Codd I know you won't understand the ramifications your actions but know the real story of Spindrift on the Beach is clearly on show in the majority of our positive reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a 2 nights accommodation here for my bday.
I have never been to the GoldCoast, and staying at the Spindrift definitely makes me want to go back again.
We stayed at the top floor, Level 6 Room 26. The view of from the balcony is priceless.
The whole time we stayed,I preferred to stay in the apartment and sit by the balcony and listen and watch the waves. IT was amazing! We were so lucky to be able to book the ocean front bedroom!
It is worth the extra $$ to pay for an amazing view. If we ever go on mini break again, I wouldn't mind staying at the Spindrift again.
It's not far from the City (Surfers Paradise), but far enough that the beach is peaceful.
There are downfalls, but they are not BIG things.
The building is old, and no AirCon in the room, I'm not sure how it would be during the middle of summer.
You are also expected to clean the house before you check out, wash the dishes, pack the dishes away, take your rubbish away etc. If any mess or clutter is found after check out they charge $30p/h, depending on how long it takes to clean the place.
But I think its a good thing so the place is not left messy and people are conscious about the mess they may make.
Overall, the apartment has a "homely" feel to it. We didn't want to leave! We even considered buying the room!

AJ.

Room Tip: Ensure to ask for Room 26. No exceptions.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJnAlex C

Thanks AJ for taking the time to post your review, you'll be glad to hear that we will soon be installing necessary infrastructure for air conditioning, so hopefully within the next 12 months will will have A/C in majority of units if not all.
Hope to see you again in the future

Kind Regards
Darren Stott
Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2014

very comfortable. great for families. all needs met. situated near great cafes, restaurants and general stores. the managers are extremely friendly, helpful and relaxed. will definitely return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: book oceanfront apartments only as back facing apartments get very hot due to position of the sun.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 51 in Broadbeach
Bel Air on Broadbeach
Bel Air on Broadbeach
#2 of 51 in Broadbeach

Been to Spindrift On The Beach? Share your experiences!