.Resort has perfect gardens and swimming areas a magic location for a family holiday.
The rooms are very spacious however are in need of an upgrade as the furniture is very dated and in poor condition - tears in lounge cushions (obviously not refurbished for many years) The room had an air-conditioned in the main living area however this did not extend to the master bed room as a result it was not pleasant sleeping whilst there was overhead fans it was still a little unpleasant to sleep. The bed was very hard this again contributed to a poor sleep. We stayed on the 3rd floor and whilst the aspect was lovely carting the bags was a chore. We ate at the pizzeria twice and enjoyed this experience the meals were lovely and staff very friendly, prices I did not think where over the top compared to country WA. The Rainforest Cafe needs more senior staff it appears to be run by younger staff members and they do not have their finger on the pulse, meals took a very long time and the place seemed to be in disarray, you could see food on the kitchen floor spilling out of the bin and the staff continued to step over it..
Great location, just on the fringes of the hussel and bustle of the Gold Coast.
The issues above may not be an issue to other travellers and overall this is a wonderful place to stay and as mentioned is magic for a family holiday, would stay again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast
- Turtle Beach Resort Mermaid Beach, Australia - Gold Coast