Turtle Beach Resort
Tropicana Motel Mermaid Beach(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Hotels.com
Diamond Sands Resort(Mermaid Beach)
US$229
US$127
  • Pool
Ocean Blue Motel(Mermaid Beach)
US$129
US$99
Agoda.com
Surf Street Motel(Mermaid Beach)
US$75
US$58
Horizons Motel(Mermaid Beach)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$63
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters(Mermaid Waters)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$80
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,203 results
All reviewssplash zonemini golfdeck restaurantkids clubconvenience storeputt puttfamily holidaythe gold coastwoodfired pizzatennis courtswater slidesfamily suiteper childground floorgreat place for familiesbedroom superior apartmentclub turtle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom townhouse overlooking the lagoon. The townhouse was lovely and had all the amenities. A home away from home. The kids had an amazing time the staff were friendly and I loved that the chefs in both the rainforest cafe and wildfire pizza place made food not on menus for one of my daughters who has severe food allergies. I would recommend turtle beach for families and we've already enquired for a 7 night stay early next year.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Currently staying at the resort.
Facilities and rooms are great for older families with older children who can walk themselves.
This is NOT a resort for families with young babies and toddlers.
Our pram is currently parked in the garden, or we would have to bring it up 3 flights of stairs every time we use it.
If you want a holiday where you pop the kids in the pram and go for a walk with ease- this accommodation is not for you.

Rooms need a renovation urgently. Although very clean.

Staff have tried to accommodate us with a ground floor room- although still up a flight of stairs.

Pools are good.
Resort is huge.

• Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank Pepsi17
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Pepsi17
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I apologise if your stay with us proved difficult and you were unable to relax to the fullest extent. It is certainly our intention to provide safe, clean, convenient accommodation for all of our guests and I am sorry that we fell short of these expectations.
I appreciate that our Resort layout and lack of lifts can be challenging for some of our guests with small children, however I note in your review that your room was located on the ground floor where very few apartments have more than 4-5 steps leading up to them. I apologise that we were unable to allocate a room with no steps as many of our ground floor apartments have this configuration.
You may be aware that we have commenced a refurbishment program and will continue this throughout 2014, ensuring quality accommodation remains for all of our guests.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

First time staying here. Family of 4 with grandparents staying in a 3 bedroom apartment. Resort facilities are fantastic - safe and clean. However the rooms are outdated - 80's cane furniture, cleanliness a little questionable and absolutely no attention to detail by housekeeping and management.

Either we had a very slack cleaner or apparently dishcloths, plugs, tea towels and mop & bucket (a def need with a toddler) are not necessary items anymore. And what resort wins awards for 'holidays with kids' when they can't even supply washes to wash your kids faces with? Apparently they're not necessary either! It's the little things that count and they are def missing from this resort.

Our dishwasher did not work, the oven door wouldn't close so food didn't cook, no baking dishes and when we returned from a day out to find our apartment steamed up due to the bath tap bursting and spitting out hot water, they sent not a plumber, but Security. Lucky, as he was the only one who knew how to turn the water off! So we spent the night with no water, no showers and if we needed water, we had to turn the mains on which sent water shooting out of the shower wall. A plumber fixed the problem the next day, but we never heard a peep from Management. The desk clerk was the only one to acknowledge the situation and ask how we were when we walked by reception the next day. It wouldn't have hurt for Management to pick up the phone or drop by and apologies for the inconvenience.

Our room had an issue with ants and the resort would obviously know this, so providing insect spray would have helped. Even when our neighbours were moved apartment due to their ant invasion, a new family were moved into the same apartment that same day. We paid $285 a night and have stayed in far superior accommodation on Hamilton Island for less.

We had a good holiday - the resort pool, tennis court and putt putt are great and the kids loved it. I would recommend staying here, however would advise not to expect too much from the accommodation or service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Us: 3rd visit to Turtle Beach (last was 2 years ago), we stayed in a ground floor 2 bedroom superior apartment. 2 kids, aged 6 and 3.

Big picture: 2 bedroom self catering apartment near to the theme parks (30 min drive), and close to all the Gold Coast has to offer. Was a comfortable place to stay with no real problems, and the kids really enjoyed the new water slide.

However, felt that the little things are letting the resort down, and I doubt we will be back despite this being our third visit:

-Despite being a superior apartment, it just seemed out of date (decor, furniture) and only superficially clean (I looked under the sofa and under the sofa seats whilst looking for a toy)
-When we arrived there were about 30 mozzies in the apartment - easily fixed after a trip to the supermarket to buy some insect spray, but I can only assume so many got in because the cleaner left the doors open without the insect screen which is totally avoidable
-It is a self catering apartment and we were there for 6 nights, however, there was only a tiny amount of washing up liquid (so we were forced to go to the resort shop after a few days to buy another lot)
-There was no baking tray for the oven, so I enquired at reception and was told that housekeeping would put one in the apartment, however, it never appeared
-some of the gym equipment (the 2 rowers) were unusable - one didn't have a working monitor (probably just needed batteries replaced) and they both had clearly not been cleaned properly in a very long time as there was lots of dust in the fan wheel and so very little resistance (I have one at home so know how they are supposed to be maintained). I mentioned this to the reception staff who really didn't seem too interested - I told them they just needed to replace batteries and vacuum the fan wheel and I was told that it was the responsibility of the 'body corporate' which may be the case but I just want well maintained equipment to use, I don't care whose responsibility it is! No offer to let me know when they were usable again. Fortunately there is a Fitness First 5 mins up the road that I went to instead.
-no take away menus were available for the pizza place, not a huge drama but just meant would have had to go there twice, once to decide what to have and then second time to pick up. Fortunately there are a number of take away places on the main road that have take away menus so we didn't bother with the on site venues after the first night given the lack of menu information! But surely it is easy enough to photocopy some menus and leave them in the restaurant / at reception / in the apartments?
-I downloaded the iphone app before arriving, expecting it to have useful info such as opening hours of restaurants / gym but instead seemed to just have a few photographs with no actual useful information.

Room Tip: We paid extra to secure a ground floor apartment, feel it was worth it as really convenient, especially with the kids
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SydneyMillie
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Sydney Millie
It’s great to hear all of your feedback and can assure you that I will share your stay with our Department Heads so as to rectify these little niggles which I believe can have the potential to put a dampen on any of our guests’ stays, and this is something we certainly don’t want.
We are continuing to improve on our apartments and by 1 April all Superior Apartments will be cane free which will certainly have a fresher feel about them.
I am pleased the children enjoyed the new water slide and hope when you next stay with us they will not be too old to enjoy our new water park (scheduled for completion April/May 2014).
Thank you for your comments regarding the phone app. I have forward this to our design team, who I know are working on improvements to the app and should be ready to release an update soon.
Thank you again for your support of the Resort and I am confident that you will find some little improvements on your next stay.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Fantastic rooms, plenty of room with all the amenities. However rooms were not serviced during the whole 7 day stay this meant that we had to go out and buy basics such as toilet paper, sugar and tea/coffee. Given the great weather of the Gold Coast, swimming pools and the proximity to the beach, why are kids club activities inside a reconditioned motel room with Xbox games? The pools are great as are the tennis courts. This is not a resort, rather it is a motel with a couple of swimming pools. For the same money we could of gone to Fiji, had serviced rooms, a range of activities and a kids club that encourages the kids to play outside. A great venue for couples, but our 9 and 11yr old soon got bored. None of the onsite facilties e.g cafe, bar, pizza place have room chargeback, this meant that you need to constantly carry your wallet with you. I would not be recommending Turtle Beach to other families as a resort. For the same facilities, you can get a motel anywhere along Mermaid Beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hewer-Hewitt

Dear Hewer-Hewitt,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate your comments regarding the rooms not being serviced during your stay, however we do advertise ourselves as Self Contained Apartments, which may be where the confusion lies. Our kids club is located on the ground floor of the Resort and has an outdoor area for the children to play in should they wish; it is purely up to the children which activities they would like to be involved in and some of these activities may lay indoors rather than outside. There are 4 pool areas, an 18 hole putt putt course, 2 tennis courts as well as 42 km’s of beaches at our doorstep, however as these activities legislatively require a different carer to child ratio as well as different insurance coverage, the option for us to take your children to another location is not a feasible at this stage. I am confident that there are no resorts, hotels, motels or serviced apartments in Mermaid Beach with facilities that surpass our own, however understand that accommodation location it is a personal choice and will differ from one guest to another.
Thank you again for your comments.