“Boat Show Stay”

InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hope Island
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to see the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show - it is an excellent location and the service and food were amazing - absolutley loved it - I am a Platinum Ambassador member from multiple stays mainly in their Melbourne Rialto Hotel and really value the automatic upgrade and 4 pm check out - excellent and can see they really focus on guests enjoying their stay - location was also tops for the boat show with just a short walk to the gates of the show and free entry using your room key - well done. We will be back for more get aways.

Room Tip: Become and AMbassador member if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Snowoakley,

I am so pleased that yourself and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your loyalty to the InterContinental brand.

The Sanctuary Cove Boat Show was a wonderful event, and I am glad that you had a chance to experience it from the comfort and convenience of our resort.

We shall look forward to the pleasure of your next visit.

Monique

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really enjoyed the excellent service from all staff from reception, concierge, restaurants, grounds, and housekeeping. The facilities are very well presented, the food excellent, and the beautiful grounds and pools were immaculate. We had a very peaceful and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: From our walks around the grounds, all rooms appear to have good views across the grounds and waterw...

Dear Bruce G,

What a pleasure to read your fabulous review. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us.

I have shared your comments with my team who were delighted to be acknowledged.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our third or fourth stay here and it's starting to feel a little old - so much so we nicknamed it the Incontinence ;-)

Having said that, great rooms, great service, great location, and we'll come back again. We're here for the Boat Show and it's been another great stay.

The only hiccup we had was an overly exuberant housekeeping that at 9-30 am on the Sunday morning we were due to check out at midday, knocked on the door and walked straight in, with my wife and I still in bed... Make sure you hang the Do Not Disturb sign on the door every single night and it should be fine.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mark T,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that overall you had an enjoyable visit. Please accept my sincerest apology for the incident with Housekeeping on Sunday morning. Our Executive Housekeeper will follow up on this with the team member in question.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back next year for the Boat Show!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel recently changed to Intercontinental from Hyatt management. I have stayed here for many years and love the grounds, the huge pool with its own beach and the great restaurant.
The marina village on one side of grounds is a great place for breakfast and beachwear shopping.
However, on my last stay I booked several months ahead because there was a boat show at the adjacent marina. I booked at $399/room night. I was surprised when I checked the rate on my day of arrival and found that tit had dropped to $249/room night. I arrived at the hotel just after 4 pm and asked about the rate. I was told that the cancellation period closed 12 hours before check in time and that I couldn't cancel without paying $399. I checked in and called the duty manager. He told me that the cancellation time was 4 pm and that as it was, by that time, 5.15 pm. He couldn't do anything about it.
The IHG Group advertise on their website "Lowest Rates Guaranteed" however they should highlight the disclaimer in small print which limits the guarantee to 24 hours.

Room Tip: Always ask for a Marina or Pool view room. Try the great cooking at the Restaurant. Do visit the Ma...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy L

Dear Jeremy L,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us last weekend.

As per our private correspondence, I do apologise for the confusion you experienced with our rates. As advised, the information provided to you by the team was correct. Information on the IHG Lowest Price Guarantee can be found on our website - www.ihg.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have stayed here before when it was the Hyatt Regency and it is just as good now as it always was. The service is absolutely fantastic, breakfast is amazing and the facilities are great. Staff helped our son to find the wild kangaroos which live on the property and could not have been nicer or more professional.

Our only niggle is the pool. It looks fantastic and is warm and clean but the chemicals affected our eyes badly. My husband had blurred vision for 12 hours or so after swimming. It may be necessary to check the chemical balance in this pool.

Spa facilities attached to hotels are usually exceedingly expensive but this one is great. For just $120 I had a 60 minute massage, hair treatment and style.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Louise01Christchurch,

What a delight to read your fabulous review. I am so pleased that yourself and your family enjoyed your visit with us.

''Our'' kangaroo's are certainly a must-see. I am thrilled the team was able to assist you in finding them!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

we had a company conference here - very professional staff but lack the warmth I have encountered in Asia at hotels. Shared a twin room with a colleague - good size king singles which are almost a double bed size. food supplied to the company dinner was 5 star quality, they have gym access but you need to go to the golf course to access, they will drop you off and pick you up if you want or you can walk back. Great facilities- outdoor spa pool , swimming pool and lagoon pool. could do with a few more signs to assist people from getting lost as the resort is spread over a very large area. bathrooms are nice with a bath and a separate shower but the shower is a little small and I'm not a big person. the toilet is in the same bathroom so if your not on good terms with the other person then you will have to wait. request a first floor room to enjoy the views and they are more private with a balcony.
this resort is starting to age somewhat- I think it was built in the 80's and here and there, there are signs of wear. the grounds are beautiful and there were kangaroos on the grounds to see.
this would have been a great 5 star resort in it's day but I think this would be more like 4 star on todays scale
An enjoyable place to stay - can't comment on the prices and value for money as the Company pre-paid everything...
I also did not use the onsite spa but heard good reports from others who did

Room Tip: Request a first floor room to enjoy the views and they are more private with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Fernandez1960,

Thank you for your detailed review following your recent stay with us for your company conference.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our lovely grounds and facilities, the food served throughout your conference and the service provided by my team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I recently enjoyed 4 days here, having been previously and finding it a relaxing, lovely environment which we wanted, being a change from the bustle of a city stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful; from reception, to the concierge, bar staff and buggy drivers.
Our room, whilst a little dated, provided almost all we required; the only item we would have found useful was a luggage rack for our second suitcase. The bed was very comfortable and our room had a quiet, attractive outlook through the trees over the waterway. Whilst rooms in this Alexandra wing are a few minutes walk (or buggy ride) away from the main hotel building, they are quiet, whereas the rooms overlooking the marina and village would naturally not be so peaceful, with boats leaving early and general marina activity.
We enjoyed morning swims in the heated pool and spa and whilst the lagoon looked inviting, it was a little cool for this time of year.
There are a number of cafes and restaurants close by in the village, along with upmarket shopping.
In summary, this hotel is suited to couples and people who enjoy the tranquillity of such an environment and we will definitely return.
Our thanks to all concerned with a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: As noted in review, rooms overlooking the marina are not as quiet as those in other wings, due to ea...

Dear Parmelian,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I have passed your comments onto my team and we all look forward to the pleasure of your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope Island
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Peppers Soul
Peppers Soul
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort? Share your experiences!