“Old and outdated but nice location”

InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hope Island
Australia
“Old and outdated but nice location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are old and outdated
But it is a nice location
If you like a quiet location, golf and marina's with some nice restaurants
The bathroom had cracked tiles, flaking paint and rust stains.
Out door area cigarette butts were left in the garden. The outside area ground floor rooms are very tired with poorly cared for plants and dirt foot paths. Not something you would expect at a Intercontinental hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Surfweb
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Surfweb,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location, but disappointed that your room did not meet expectation and would like to apologise for this. I have shared your feedback with my department heads for their follow-up.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kindest regards
Monique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for a night as we had a function nearby. The room was fairly standard with two double beds and the hotel also provided us with a cot for our baby. The beds could do with some new pillows as the ones we had didn't have much life left in them and the bathroom could do with a bit of a detail clean but overall it was ok. Great view of the marina and reception staff were helpful. We had a late lunch in the cove cafe at about 4pm (6 month old baby with us) and ordered two toasted sandwiches which cost an eye watering $21 each. We waited half an hour for them to be made and were the only people there! When they finally arrived the order was wrong and cold. The waitress was not very apologetic but we ate them anyway as we had already waited so long! Better food and service in the marina village.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Parmour82
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Parmour82,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and views and found our Reception team to be helpful.

Please accept my apology however that your meal in Cove Café did not meet expectation. I have shared your comments with my Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage for their follow-up with their teams.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to see the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show - it is an excellent location and the service and food were amazing - absolutley loved it - I am a Platinum Ambassador member from multiple stays mainly in their Melbourne Rialto Hotel and really value the automatic upgrade and 4 pm check out - excellent and can see they really focus on guests enjoying their stay - location was also tops for the boat show with just a short walk to the gates of the show and free entry using your room key - well done. We will be back for more get aways.

Room Tip: Become and AMbassador member if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Snowoakley,

I am so pleased that yourself and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your loyalty to the InterContinental brand.

The Sanctuary Cove Boat Show was a wonderful event, and I am glad that you had a chance to experience it from the comfort and convenience of our resort.

We shall look forward to the pleasure of your next visit.

Kindest regards,
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really enjoyed the excellent service from all staff from reception, concierge, restaurants, grounds, and housekeeping. The facilities are very well presented, the food excellent, and the beautiful grounds and pools were immaculate. We had a very peaceful and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: From our walks around the grounds, all rooms appear to have good views across the grounds and waterw...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bruce G,

What a pleasure to read your fabulous review. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us.

I have shared your comments with my team who were delighted to be acknowledged.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Our third or fourth stay here and it's starting to feel a little old - so much so we nicknamed it the Incontinence ;-)

Having said that, great rooms, great service, great location, and we'll come back again. We're here for the Boat Show and it's been another great stay.

The only hiccup we had was an overly exuberant housekeeping that at 9-30 am on the Sunday morning we were due to check out at midday, knocked on the door and walked straight in, with my wife and I still in bed... Make sure you hang the Do Not Disturb sign on the door every single night and it should be fine.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mark T,

I am glad to read that overall you had an enjoyable visit. Please accept my sincerest apology for the incident with Housekeeping on Sunday morning. Our Executive Housekeeper will follow up on this with the team member in question.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back next year for the Boat Show!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel recently changed to Intercontinental from Hyatt management. I have stayed here for many years and love the grounds, the huge pool with its own beach and the great restaurant.
The marina village on one side of grounds is a great place for breakfast and beachwear shopping.
However, on my last stay I booked several months ahead because there was a boat show at the adjacent marina. I booked at $399/room night. I was surprised when I checked the rate on my day of arrival and found that tit had dropped to $249/room night. I arrived at the hotel just after 4 pm and asked about the rate. I was told that the cancellation period closed 12 hours before check in time and that I couldn't cancel without paying $399. I checked in and called the duty manager. He told me that the cancellation time was 4 pm and that as it was, by that time, 5.15 pm. He couldn't do anything about it.
The IHG Group advertise on their website "Lowest Rates Guaranteed" however they should highlight the disclaimer in small print which limits the guarantee to 24 hours.

Room Tip: Always ask for a Marina or Pool view room. Try the great cooking at the Restaurant. Do visit the Ma...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy L
Dear Jeremy L,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us last weekend.

As per our private correspondence, I do apologise for the confusion you experienced with our rates. As advised, the information provided to you by the team was correct. Information on the IHG Lowest Price Guarantee can be found on our website - www.ihg.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kindest regards,
Christchurch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have stayed here before when it was the Hyatt Regency and it is just as good now as it always was. The service is absolutely fantastic, breakfast is amazing and the facilities are great. Staff helped our son to find the wild kangaroos which live on the property and could not have been nicer or more professional.

Our only niggle is the pool. It looks fantastic and is warm and clean but the chemicals affected our eyes badly. My husband had blurred vision for 12 hours or so after swimming. It may be necessary to check the chemical balance in this pool.

Spa facilities attached to hotels are usually exceedingly expensive but this one is great. For just $120 I had a 60 minute massage, hair treatment and style.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Louise01Christchurch,

What a delight to read your fabulous review. I am so pleased that yourself and your family enjoyed your visit with us.

''Our'' kangaroo's are certainly a must-see. I am thrilled the team was able to assist you in finding them!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope Island
#6 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,151 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort? Share your experiences!