InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hope Island Resort(Hope Island)
  • Pool
The Atrium Resort(Biggera Waters)
  • Pool
Royal Pacific Resort(Biggera Waters)
Mantra at Sharks(Southport)
Windsurfer Resort(Biggera Waters)
1,274 results
All reviewslagoon poolmarina villageclub roomfireplace restaurantmain buildingthe gold coastman made beachgolf buggyqueenslander suitebuffet breakfastrelaxing stayhigh teaduty managera bit tiredan upgradecafes and restaurantsmovie world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

90's Opulence was the best way I could think to describe it!
We stayed overnight for a wedding at the venue, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Although the decor and fittings were dated, we were comfortable and even felt there was more space than an average hotel room.
The bathroom featured some cracked tiles and marble bench, and the parquetry flooring to the main area had seen better days. The doorbell and golf buggy lifts to and from reception were a novelty though! We were impressed with the ample storage and lovely balcony overlooking the water.
We didn't swim, but saw a few different pools which looked inviting.
We enjoyed a buffet breakfast, which was of a surprisingly high quality.
Overall, slightly dated but in a luxurious and quaint way. Definitely would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear MrsTheCooper,

Thanks for posting a review regarding your stay with us last year.

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to look after you again next time you are visiting the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Recent stay with colleagues was fantastic! The rooms were clean and presentable nice large wardrobe. I had a lagoon pool view definitely recommended!
QLD maroons were also staying and I got the pleasure of witnessing their morning swim.
Lagoon pool is a cleverly designed beach wish it was only warmer weather to enjoy. I did however go in the massive spa this was very nice.
Breakfast buffet had a wide variety .

Staff and management were very attentive and all very delightful.
Food at the fireplace was very nice.

Great hotel for those on business that don't have to be in surfers everyday or couples that want a weekend away. Lovely place for weddings with an on site chapel. This trip was for business I can't wait to go back for pleasure!

Thanks ISC

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear PerthAgent86,

What a delight to read your fabulous review. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent business trip with us and had the opportunity to experience our great food and some of our recreational facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a few days for pleasure!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife, one year old son and I visited on a business trip and were impressed with the quality of the service. The porters were particularly helpful.

The hotel rooms are quite nice and generally what you would expect from a standard 5 star hotel. The venue generally is looking a little tired though with a few cosmetic touch ups required around the grounds.

The lagoon, pool and grass areas are lovely and relaxing. There are outdoor games like giant chess and Jenga and a good playground available at no extra cost. The Sanctuary Cove Marina, with its restaurants, bars and shops is a very short stroll or buggy ride away.

We had a very bad experience when we ordered lunch by the pool. The food took a very long time to arrive and was stone cold when it got to us. The staff happily replaced the meals but we received chips instead of the salad we ordered on the replacement dishes. By this time we were too hungry to send them back and wait again. The opening hours of the pool bar were unpredictable and seemed to vary daily.

I don't normally like buffets but the buffet breakfast was very good. My son certainly loved it. The hotel bars are very nice but the cocktail quality is more miss than hit.

Our colleagues loved their golf, which is why we stayed at this resort I the first place. We don't play golf but thoroughly enjoyed our stay anyway. This is a fantastic place for leisure or business but your dollar will probably stretch a little further in the more competitive places that are closer to the tourist strip.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms overlook the lagoon so have little privacy. Consider a room that looks over the river if that's an issue for you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jimmy452,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us, we appreciate the feedback.

I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay and thanks for acknowledging the service provided by my team, I will ensure they are recognised, with special mention to our Porters.

I do apologise for the issue you experienced with your meals at the Pool House. I am sorry that we let you down in this regard.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back next time you are planning a getaway from Brisbane!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Intercontinental sanctuary is great location and provided wonderful service. We experienced one of our best holidays. It's very close to all the amusement parks and the hotel has very relaxing grounds. Most of all the hotel beach lagoon is a winner!
The staff were very kind and understanding. I had an issue which they resolved related to my booking in the best way possible which builds my trust to Intercontinental more strongly. Thanks to MOD Steven and Kiara. We had a wonderful stay and we'll be back.
Kiran and Neeraj.

Room Tip: View of the beach lagoon is gorgeous
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear neeraj s,

What a delight to read that you experienced one of your best holidays ever with us! The team were genuinely thrilled that their great service combined with our extensive facilities enabled this. I will ensure that Steven and Kiara are recognised.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The main reason we select this hotel was because we were attracted by its 2 beautiful golf courses. The Pine and the Palm. Perfect place for an enjoyable golfing and relaxing holiday. Our new friends Kangaroos and their tribe accompanied us. Watching us to tee off, stand next to your buggy, some of them laying under the tree for afternoon nap. A golf game be able to close encounter of the Aussie wild life animals. Isn't it amazing?
Not fans of golfing one can relax in the pool with a glass of champagne. Or ride a hotel bicycle to explore the surrounding.
A lot of good restaurants along the pier. This is a resort to tune down your fast moving pace and turn on your relaxing mode !!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the main lobby are more convenient to get around. Go to the restaurants, shopping centre. If you enjoy tranquility don't mind walking with Mosquitos around you go further away from the main entrance. The golf car will transfer you from the lobby to your room. The golf car not always available, in peak hour may took at least 10-15 mins.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ladytraveljournal,

I am so pleased to read that you had a memorable and enjoyable experience with us earlier this year. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay.

Our kangaroos are certainly special and definitely add to the experience of playing both magnificent courses.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back!