We've previously stayed at Sandy Point so this resort had something to live up to as we really liked that place.
Although overall this is a smaller resort and unit size a lttle smaller, can't quite put a finger on it but it just felt so good. The location is excellent - overlooking a park and can see Seaworld on the other side of Broadwater and not that far from other places.
The place was very clean and pretty well looked after (the odd mark/stain obviously caused by those who stayed in the past but not that bad).
If I were to pick one fault is there's no lift but it's no big deal as there's only 20 stairs to first floor, another 20 to top (2nd) floor.
We were so lucky to get a unit with two balconies both overlooking the park view (unit 6).
I am glad I didn't change to a ground floor unit (as had recent back surgery). Thank you to Donna for assistance with that and everything else. She is so nice to talk to! We also met Veronica on 7th October, she is usually at Sandy Point, also nice to talk to. We, unfortunately, "lost" a day and a half of our holiday which was a great shame as we would have loved the full week there (no fault of Golden Shores, blame Tiger Airways!).
Trust me, you will enjoy a stay there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Overlooking the fabulous Broadwater" Golden Shores Holiday Club is located on the fabulous Broadwater. The resort itself consists of 16 spacious fully self contained two bedroom apartments and is only minutes from Surfers Paradise, cinemas, shopping centres, restaurants and Gold Coast Theme Parks. If you prefer to relax, you can soak in the sun by the pool or take a stroll through the Friday night beach markets in Surfers Paradise. For the more adventurous holiday makers, a Bungee Jump or hike through the Hinterland may be more your style. The dedicated resident managers will ensure that your holiday is a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Shores Holiday Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Shores Holiday Club Hotel Labrador
- Golden Shores Holiday Club Labrador, Australia - Gold Coast