“Not so great”

Broadwater Keys Holiday Apartments
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The owners are nice but for the price the place is pretty run down, no decent kitchen and really shoddy electric frying pan to cook on. And NO smoke alarms - and I'm an OSH advisor! There is a nice pool and bbq area. We found much better and cheaper a few blocks closer to Surfers.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool and not right by the busy street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jude D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Great amenities including tennis courts, pool/game room, swimming pool. nice views of Broadwater however a good 5-7kms to the ocean. A nice place to spend multiple nights as all units also include kitchen.

• Stayed June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

When we first arrived we were a little disappointed at the overall state of the room (no 12). on closer inspection we noticed that there was no fitted smoke alarm and the balcony door was only able to be locked with a poorly fitted security chain, which I was able to undo myself from the outside with ease. the towel rack and soap dish was so loosely attached to the wall they were unusable. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, the dining table was wobbly, the kitchen and fridge were very small even for a studio apartment. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, these holiday apartments need to charge less!

Room Tip: A $30 tent from Kmart and a quiet spot to camp would be much nicer, even without the bed!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Labrador hotels

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Me and my partner travel up to QLD quite often and we love staying here because it isn't in the loud and annoying buzz of surfers itself, but still close enough to go to the theme parks and the lovely beaches. The two owners who are a couple are great and always go out of their way to make sure you have a comfortable stay. The rooms are decent and everything works when we go there. The only thing they could improve is setting up air con in all the rooms and not charging $5 daily fee to use it. Great location and there is some parking on the streets available! (off street parking is all taken by the long term tenants that live there and they need to give assigned parking spaces). I recommend this for a weekend stay such as 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Best value for money we could find anywhere on the Gold Coast. Convenient location if you want to be on north side of GC & close to theme parks etc. Pool & small BBQ area were nice. Excellent bed in room 11.
We were using this place as temporary accommodation for 5 days and found the small kitchenette a bit small to cook food & clean dishes in. Probably fine for holidaying people.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
qld
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

the day we went there the owner was very lovely and helpful and we liked the place the pool was big and clean the room was great n the court yard was good too it was the second or third day in when the manager came and knocked on the door saying someone complained about the tv been to loud in the morning where my kids were louder then a few days later he came again saying the kids were up at 5:30 am screaming in fact they were up at 6:30 am we were meant to stay an extra week and had paid so went an got our deposit back and went home early

Room Tip: dont get put near managers room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Where to start! We booked our accommodation months in advance. I called up 24hours before we arrived to confirm our family room with a kitchen. I was then told no I was booked into a studio...yet had paid for a family. Long story short we were lied to and told the family unit had damage done the day I rang. However they had no intentions of ringing me to advise or to have me confirm the changes. When I got there I found that all rooms were fine and they had just booked someone else into our room to get extra money. Had I not rung we would never have been given a refund or advised of changes.
The pool was green. A dark forest green. I was told on a Sunday that a pool cleaner was coming in. Which I found hard to believe as it was a Sunday. And then with no surprises we left several days later and the pool was still green.
You have to pay extra for air conditioning! The fan in our room made so much noise that we couldn't get any sleep.
The power plugs on the wall were taped on with electrical tape!! As I was using my hair dryer it kept turning off and on again.
We were given 2 rolls of toilet paper. We had to purchase our own. The bathroom had hair in the shower when we arrived!!
The plastic chairs on the balcony were broken.
The lamp next to the bed didn't work.
The customer service was shocking. The Asian lady at the desk lied to my face several times and wouldn't give me a straight answer about anything.
The location is on a highway which means it's very noisy 24hours a day. I had to purchase ear plugs to enable me to sleep.

I would not stay here again even if I was paid to!! I have never stayed in such terrible conditions. It ruined our holiday. We go to the Gold Coast to relax and lay in the sun and go swimming. None of these could be done.

I would not recommend this accommodation to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Tip to get a good room - choose a different motel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Labrador
Limassol Motel
Blue Waters Apartments
#2 of 7 in Labrador
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Broadwater Keys Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!