“Excellent Stay”

Santa Fe Apartments
Rockhampton, Australia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My family recently stayed at the Santa Fe Apartment's and would definitely recommend. The rooms were clean and tidy and very spacious! The apartment's were excellent value and situated in a great location with the beach also close by.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Daniel S

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
England
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a party of 8 and had two apartments. Whilst half of the party had a lovely apartment on the top floor, my husband, our children and I stayed in what I can only describe as cockroach central on the third floor. As soon as we walked in for the first time we were greeted by 2 cockroaches and as the days went on there were more and more! I daren't use the dishwasher as this seemed to be their favourite hiding place and I can't say it was the cleanest if apartments either! Where the others had plenty of glassware and crockery etc we had a major shortage! The pool was very small and not very welcoming! I was not overly keen on the fact that the Santa Fe was on the main road either and unless you have access to a car it isn't in the best location. The only positive I could find about the Santa Fe was the jacuzzi! The best thing about our stay here was the day we packed up our things and left never to return again! I would never stay here again and would certainly not recommend a visit! The Gold Coast was lovely and we hope to return again one day where we will most likely stay near to surfers paradise.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank L_Netherwood
Tom P, Manager at Santa Fe Apartments, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I have serious doubts about this review. I have checked the unit in question and can find no evidence of cockroaches at all in the unit. The unit in question was treated approx. 2 months ago and I can only presume that the guest in this case had some other motivation to write the review that they did. We make every effort to ensure that the units at the Santa Fe are maintained in the best possible way. I would also question why the guest did not advise me of this so called problem during their stay. I would have shifted them to another unit or refunded their money if I had been advised of the problem. I have had numerous other guest's stay in the same apartment since then and have not had any complaints for anybody.

Travellers are raving about these Labrador hotels

sydney
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great price for an excellent location. Booked for 2 groups and the environment is pleasantly fresh and well made. They were very accommodating and the rooms were spacious.

It has internet and they have looked after the premises. Next time I'm in Gold Coast with family, I would go here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank billy t
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as a family in December 2012. The location is great, as the parks and beach are only 100m away which is great for young kids, and it's also close to shopping (namely Pacific Fair), restaurants etc... It's also a short drive to the theme parks, which was the main reason we decided to stay here.
The apartment itself was a nice surprise; clean and furnished quite nicely. Everything we needed was there, however the appliances could do with updating (the oven was very old), and the pots and pans etc... had seen better days.
For the price though we thought the apartment was great. It was a good size and the balcony over looked the pool and barbeque area. It was very quiet, you couldn't tell you're next to a main road. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank missamie888
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We have just returned home from a holiday to the Gold Coast. We stayed at the Santa Fe Apartments, as it was advertised to be a large place as we had four adults and were hosting an early family Christmas lunch. We were horrified to open the dishwasher and find cockroaches running around inside and each time we went to the the cupboard to take out crockery we had to wash thoroughly before using as they were put away filthy and sticky. It was also very annoying staying on the third floor without a lift we had to continually lung heavy bags and cases up and down stairs.

We were also advised that all bedrooms had an conditioner on making the booking but found only the master suite had an conditioner and the other two bedrooms only one had a fan. The bedrooms were also very cramped, the passage way to one of the bedrooms had very uneven tiles and most of the tiles throughout the apartment were chipped.

As I said before we had come to have Christmas lunch and share this with our family we found on buying all the food and starting to place it in the fridge and freezer that the freezer and fridge were both leaking water which got into all our food (very hygienic..NOT) We found on closer inspection of the kitchen that not one knife of fork matched and most of the crockery was chipped.

We also found when arriving home in the evening if we had been out prior that there was cockroaches running around the floor. When telling management about this we were told that they would come in and spray. When we arrived home management had turned off the air conditioners that we had running more cockroaches running around.

How can an apartment adviser to have paid TV and now of the channels work they are all locked.

Also how do you call a moldy bowl of pot-pour i a table decoration. Would not recommend...

Room Tip: Main bedroom lit up like broad daylight at 5am quite area - didn't hear any other guests good...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tom P, Manager at Santa Fe Apartments, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
I am terribly sorry that you have had an unacceptable problem with your room. I do appologise for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We do everything possible to ensure that these problems do not occur but somehow we have made an error. If I was made aware of the problem I would have done my best to rectify the situation.
Brisbane
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We really enjoyed our time being here loved the location. Our children had a wonderful time making use of the pool. Afew negatives however nothing major. We woud definately stay here again however not until our 3 babies have grown as theyre all under 2. It was a peaceful apartment very relaxing, good size too and rooms also. Would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable yet lovely place to stay. Love where its situated close to everything KFC! McDs, Subway hahaha park and beaches and more. We like how it aint busy compared to being in the city. Luckily because schoolies had begun the Friday we were there.

Room Tip: Upon arrival we waited at the office for 5-10 mins to checkin only to find out that a txt was sent t...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lodus C
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed in 2 bedroom de-luxe apartment at this property in October school holidays with 2 grandchildren. Paying what I consider a very budget price....I got way more value than I could ever have hoped for. The unit was extremely large by comparison to anything else we have stayed in.....it was very well equipped (including dishwasher) aircon plus fans in all rooms. A large balcony overlooking the pool with a 6 seat setting was very pleasurable at the end of the day. With only a 100 metre walk to the Broadwater and the childrens parks....it was all we could ask for. Pool...spa and secured lock-up parking rounded off what I found to be one of the best little treasures around. I find it hard to believe there has been other reviews for this property and can only say...don't be afraid to try this one. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family