Stayed here for 5 nights on a Groupon coupon :D Was well worth the money we paid. If we paid full price , I think that would have been a little steep , but that seems to be the case anywhere you stay in a popular tourist destination. The apartment was clean and comfortable , with modern kitchen and amenities, that contained everything we needed. Beds were comfortable - note our 'Queen' was actually 2 singles pushed together with a mattress cover , so barely noticed a slight ridge in the middle, and was not uncomfortable anyway. Aircon unit was great - worked very well. Main bedroom was a little hot , so kept curtains closed whilst we were in the apartment to keep sun out.... could have done with an aircon unit in there , but there was a standard floor fan which was some relief. Enjoyed having the private balcony with a good view - even though we were in the cityside room! Downside is the 2nd bedroom where our children slept - it is not properly walled , and has Louvre doors as a wall , that does not go to top of ceiling either, so there is quite a big gap. This then makes it harder to get children to sleep , as they can hear every little sound from the main living areas, which then also limits the evening parent activities of games or t.v etc. If you can put up with that , then everything else makes up for it. The pool was awesome , and the spa , and whenever we went to these , there was barely any people to crowd you out too much , as in some places. Staff were helpful and friendly. Location is great , and pretty central to all the local attractions such as Theme Parks etc. Just love the views , even from the front steps! If you want to get fish and chips as a treat, there is a shop almost virtually outside the front of the hotel ( not Kokonut Willies - which we found was not good value for money , in the takeaway section ,even though the prices are pretty good. Food tastes great , but portions were small ) .... make sure you get to the Fish shop before 7 pm , as that's when hey close ....even in peak holiday season on a beachfront !!!! Same with the one that 's a 10 min walk down the road. They close early .... restaurants are open later of course. Hotel parking is free - though we didn't use it , as we used the Connexion tourist transport. Local buses stop outside the hotel. It's only a 15 min ride to Surfers. Overall , it's a pretty good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the magnificent Gold Coast Broadwater, the Grand Apartments have uninterrupted views of the Gold Coast Skyline and lush tropical hinterland. The spacious one and two bedroom apartments are perfect for families as well as longer staying guests looking for a contemporary home away from home on the Gold Coast. Conveniently located in a tranquil beachfront position, just north of Surfers Paradise, the Grand Apartments are just a short drive or bus ride to the Gold Coast’s famous surf beaches, theme parks, attractions and major shopping centres. Within strolling distance of the resort is a myriad of cafes and restaurants, scenic beach side boardwalks, parks and an all-season swimming lagoon. But you don’t have to leave the grounds for a great holiday experience. The Grand Apartments feature a breathtaking infinity-edge swimming pool with heated spa, decorative waterfall and stunning Broadwater views. There’s also a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna, steam room and games room for the children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Apartments Hotel Labrador
- Grand Apartments Labrador
- Grand Apartments Hotel Labrador
- The Grand Apartments Labrador, Australia - Gold Coast