“This place is a joke.”

Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Montezuma's Labrador offers a fully licensed authentic Aztec/Mexican dining experience.Our meals are prepared fresh daily using locally grown produce where possible and cooked in convection ovens. Our meals are not too spicy but for those who love it that way, do not hesitate to order hot or extra hot sauce. If you wish to tone down the spices order a bowl of sour cream.We cater for vegetarians and those requiring a gluten free diet.There is a special menu for the little amigos and colouring in to keep them occupied.As we have a large number of loyal regulars, bookings are highly recommended.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As soon as we arrived we were greeted with rude, inexperienced female waitresses. No one paid attention to is at all, I booked a reservation and they made us feel like inconvenient walk ins.

I would not recommend this place to anyone! The service was utterly disgusting.

2  Thank Karynalearyan

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Firstly, I named my review shocked, as I am shocked that this restaurant has bad reviews.
We dined in Last Saturday and the experience was amazing.
The atmosphere was great, a little loud but that's what happens when your busy!
The staff were on the ball and the manager was very charismatic, my partner said he was worth his weight in gold! The food was great too, I have dined in at Mexican in America and Australia and haven't had such a great experience before.
Overall I would rate Montezuma's in Labrador a 10/10 and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone! Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Sia J
Montezumas3, Owner at Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review Sia J!
It was wonderful to read great things about Montezuma's after a few bad reviews of late which have left us a bit disappointed that people haven't been enjoying the Mexican experience as much as we had hoped.
Your title had me worried but the rest of your review had me smiling. Will pass on your review to our manager & staff - they will love your positivity!
Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you & your partner again :D

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went there on a Monday night with no reservation. After first being told that there would be over an hour's wait by one female staff member, a male staff member later got us in immediately.

The service was a bit puzzling. Apparently patrons have to go to the bar to get a jug of tap water because they don't have enough staff on duty. What's up with that?! Perhaps the lack of staff explains the lack of friendliness in those who were on duty.

The food portions were quite large, and some of it was tasty. The majority of what I ate, however, was sorely lacking in salt. It could have been solved with a salt shaker on the table, but there was none. And after my inquiry about the water, I didn't dare ask for salt.

At least my two-year old's meal was free. Overall, rather disappointing.

2  Thank Shankar S
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Had a ok night was good service, food wasnt great, I like pure mexican I was let down.
Friends wernt impressed.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The food was sensational. No one had a complaint about their meals. Sadly, the service was lacking. Between missing the child's menu and being exceptionally slow to ask us about desserts, the service lacked speed and care, but the queso was delicious, the hot sauce was extremely hot and flavorsome and the churros were cooked to perfection! The food is well recommended.

Prices were very reasonable, but they did seem to take every opportunity to add to the price. Changes were an extra $1 each, drinks were pricey.
The allergy advice listing was appreciated with flour, dairy, seafood, nuts and vegan all included. I did not have a sulphite reaction.

Montezumas3, Owner at Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your honest review. I am very pleased you found the food to your liking & we were able to help you out with allergy concerns. We are currently training some staff & that may have been the reason for some dissatisfaction with service, but this is no excuse. I will pass on your comments to our manager so he can advise staff of areas needing improvement. Next time you dine with us, I hope that everything is up to standard.