“Keep Coming Back”

Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Montezuma's Labrador offers a fully licensed authentic Aztec/Mexican dining experience.Our meals are prepared fresh daily using locally grown produce where possible and cooked in convection ovens. Our meals are not too spicy but for those who love it that way, do not hesitate to order hot or extra hot sauce. If you wish to tone down the spices order a bowl of sour cream.We cater for vegetarians and those requiring a gluten free diet.There is a special menu for the little amigos and colouring in to keep them occupied.As we have a large number of loyal regulars, bookings are highly recommended.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Greeted promptly by staff and shown to our table, given the choice to select drinks from the bar or have table service, starters orders taken and brought to the table while we had time to decide on our mains. Always a great mains selection to choose from and never go away hungry or disappointed. Always a great night whether with family or friends and always great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Been to other mexican restaurants around the area and have had mixed experiences with food, staff and value for money, at the end of the day we keep going back to Monte's.

Montezumas3, Owner at Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thanks for your great review & for your continued loyalty Paul N. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon :D

There are newer reviews for Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Sorry to say but my family & I ate here for lunch & we were very underwhelmed by the service & taste of the food. We were expecting an authentic tasting meal but honestly I could have made the same dishes with more flavour at home. We've had microwaved meals that taste better! We ordered drinks & I had a Long Island ice tea , it wasn't very nice at all and was served in a short glass. I had to ask if the kids meal came with a drink after my partner & I had been served with our drinks & I got the response "can do" I thought that was a strange answer! Like what is that? Shouldn't it be yes or no? We also didn't receive part of our order & had to go up & ask & thinking about it now I'm sure the kids meal was meant to come with ice cream? My daughter didn't get that & the meatballs were tasteless & very dry just like the rice they were sitting on. We aren't fussy people & I can say We haven't felt this way about anywhere else we have eaten out. I'm writing this review because I felt really ripped off paying the amount of $ for my partner , daughter & myself to eat such gross food. That's a treat for us to go out & spend that much money on a family lunch & It was very disappointing!

1  Thank Jazzyk27
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our second time here. First, the starters are a waste of time. The chips definitely come from a bag from the grocery store and the salsa taste like it comes out of a can. We ordered Margaritas which again taste like it comes from a pre-made mix. Being a Mexican restaurant, it needs to be more on the authentic side and not something you can just make at home out of a can. The beef in our meals was great and taste more authentic than anything else we have tried from here. We spent about $150 for two people. My husband and I walked out and said we would not go back. We don't mind spending the money if it was worth it but the food taste more like store bought junk you find in your local supermarket. Service is another issue. The wait staff seems not to care at all when it comes to your needs or customer service. Really don't understand how this place gets the crowds in the door. Probably because there's not much in the area but not worth it at all. Save your money. If you want Mexican, just go to the local supermarket and make it yourself rather than come to this place.

4  Thank myra g
Montezumas3, Owner at Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Like all businesses, we appreciate constructive honest criticism.
Thank you for your feedback regarding our wait staff. This matter will be discussed with them.
I would like to assure you that our Mexican meals are definitely not from the "supermarket" or "out of cans" & no margaritas or cocktails are "pre-mix". Our meals are prepared fresh daily & cooked in convection ovens. Obviously the corn chips are out of a bag, but they are from a professional supplier, not your local grocery store.
It is pleasing to see that you enjoyed our shredded beef. It is definitely one of our regulars favourites!
We have recently become the 2014 National winners of the Foxtel I Love Food Awards Cheap Eats trophy & our prices reflect this. For a couple to spend over $150 seems very high considering our prices, so it would be interesting to see what you actually ordered.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

As soon as we arrived we were greeted with rude, inexperienced female waitresses. No one paid attention to is at all, I booked a reservation and they made us feel like inconvenient walk ins.

I would not recommend this place to anyone! The service was utterly disgusting.

2  Thank Karynalearyan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Firstly, I named my review shocked, as I am shocked that this restaurant has bad reviews.
We dined in Last Saturday and the experience was amazing.
The atmosphere was great, a little loud but that's what happens when your busy!
The staff were on the ball and the manager was very charismatic, my partner said he was worth his weight in gold! The food was great too, I have dined in at Mexican in America and Australia and haven't had such a great experience before.
Overall I would rate Montezuma's in Labrador a 10/10 and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone! Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Sia J
Montezumas3, Owner at Montezuma's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review Sia J!
It was wonderful to read great things about Montezuma's after a few bad reviews of late which have left us a bit disappointed that people haven't been enjoying the Mexican experience as much as we had hoped.
Your title had me worried but the rest of your review had me smiling. Will pass on your review to our manager & staff - they will love your positivity!
Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you & your partner again :D