Mercure Gold Coast Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Emerald(Surfers Paradise)
View Hotel
Gold Coast Inn(Surfers Paradise)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
Glades Lodge(Robina)
1,317 results
All reviewscarrara marketsgold coastaccor memberplay golfpalm meadowsmain buildingroom serviceshuttle busminute drivetennis courtsmain poolking roombuffet breakfastmini barrelaxing stayreception areasurfers paradise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The staff were great and had a spring in their step. This always sets a good vibe. A nice and peaceful location. The long underground carpark design is great allowing everyone to park near their room but without any noise. Would recommend for families.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
JamieODonnell-GM, General Manager at Mercure Gold Coast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for this feedback and talking the time. I am very proud of the team here and I will ensure to pass on the great feedback on there actions.

See you next time

Jamie

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly. I can't imagine what other guests must've been doing to make staff rude. Our room was beautiful. A suggestion for couples... go to the little pool away from reception to avoid the onslaught of kids bomb diving beside you. Much quieter as well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Have stayed here two weeks in a row for a couple of nights each stay as we needed to escape the crazy renovations happening at our home. And both stays were very different.
Upon check in for our first stay, reception sighted my new membership status but did not add it to my stay, therefore we were unable to get free internet and no free drink was offered (as per the LeClub Accor status membership). But for the second weeks stay my membership was honored and we did receive the internet and our free drink.
Our first stay the room was clean and had a fresh smell to it but our second stay we found black hairs in the bath tub and on the walls in the bathroom.
At one stage during our second stay we did have to call reception to ask if they could do something about the showers water pressure and they said someone would be down the next morning to look at it. Luckily we called reception again the next morning regarding the water pressure and they were not aware of the problem as the message had not been relayed to the staff for the next day.
At the end of our first stay I did advise reception that my membership status allowed me to have a late checkout upon availability and was offered a free late checkout. For our second stay I rang reception again to see if I could have a late checkout with my membership allowance, the gentleman on the phone said I would have to pay $10 per hour for a late checkout. I don't understand why one week I am able to receive a late checkout and the next week I must pay to have a late checkout. This would need to be looked at to save confusion for other members in future.

Overall the rooms are very dated and to be honest not much has changed since Mercure took over from The Radisson years ago. This is very disappointing as there are only three Accor properties on the Gold Coast and this property would be the best for people not wanting to be amongst the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, it is so important to us to ensure a great experience every time especially to our loyal members. I will ensure to resolve these items following your feedback. I am also pleased to advise we are collating information for some resort improvements that I believe will assist.
I will ensure to keep you informed as we would love to have you back.
With best regards