“Pleasant and quiet”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrara
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Pleasant and quiet”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I enjoyed staying here as part of a conference at Bond University and I can say the staff here were pleasant and always helpful and cheerful. Unfortunately I didn't have breakfast there as I didn't have time. The room was large and so was the bathroom, and wonderful there was CNN!!! I love CNN!!! The rooms were clean and nice there was a couch there.

Just two things:
a. more lighting for the footpaths to the rooms;
b. it would be nice if House keeping was to return my message. I called them on my first night (at about 6pm) to see if I could get some superglue for my shoe, left a message but no-one got back to me!!!!

Room Tip: Closer to reception the better, as you have to walk a long way with luggage!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My first ever travelling to Australia and I chose to visit Gold Coast as my first destination. Having arrived early in the morning, welcomed by very friendly Mr. James at concierge, the staff were all friendly after all. The room is bigger than I thought, nice room. The breakfast was really great, too. Unfortunately, if you're not going to do some golf, it's very far from the city centre, need to take a taxi and will cost quite a high-price for the one-way trip. But, at least I enjoyed my stay. Cheers guy!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey J
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay.. But probably my last. The hotel is undergoing a long overdue renovation and as other recent reviews have said the dining area / reception area looks more like a building site. The staff are friendly & helpful, the grounds and location are great.. Especially if golf is your thing.. But at more than $1000 for 4 nights (for 1 adult plus 1 child) I feel it did not represent good value for money. Also think $41 for myself and my child to eat breakfast (in a dining room that resembles a building site, and a menu that never varies) is over priced.
We stayed in a room that had been repainted, but the bathroom still looked tired, the TV looked like it had been picked up at a garage sale and new handles can not make the old furniture look new.
When there is an abundance of top quality accommodation within a 20 minute radius which offers much better value for money, this will probably be my last visit.
Ended up checking out 5 days early after sourcing alternate accommodation which suited my needs and my budget better.

• Stayed July 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

While this isn't the most salubrious hotel, it was very comfortable and a really great place to stay with groups. We were on the Gold Coast for a wedding, and the wedding party and some of the guests stayed in this hotel. It was really nice to see them for drinks and breakfast, not just at the wedding. So the place is really conducive to meeting up with others in the common areas.

The rooms were very comfortable, if a little dated. It was nice to have a bath and shower, there were a few cracks in the tiles and the grouting looked a little worn. But there was nothing unclean or dangerous or not functional, everything worked well. The prices matched, so that was good.

The room we stayed in was very quiet, though in the morning there were lots of golfers walking past on their way to the green. It wasn't disturbing, just meant I wouldn't feel comfortable being naked in the room with the curtains open.

Internet was excellent for the short while that I used it. Food was quite good and reasonably priced. While the coffee certainly wasn't up to our usual standards it was adequate. It was nice to have the 24 hour shop with Ben and Jerry's icecream available!

I enjoyed the swimming pool and spa, it wasn't crowded.

Room Tip: I imagine rooms in the main section would be rather noisy but we were away from the main block and i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lennox Head, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to pick up a Wotif mystery deal for only $103 to stay here.
The resort is modern, quiet and good value, especially if you love your golf. Heated swimming pool and Spa, 24 hr shop and room service till 3am. Nothing to complain about. Only 20 minutes or of Surfers Paradise.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrara
Novotel Surfers Paradise
RACV Royal Pines Resort
Mantra on View Hotel
Mantra on View Hotel
#11 of 32 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Mercure Gold Coast Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mercure Gold Coast Resort

Property: Mercure Gold Coast Resort
Address: Palm Meadows Drive | Palm Meadows, Carrara, Gold Coast, Queensland 4211, Australia (Formerly Radisson Resort)
Region: Australia > Queensland > Gold Coast > Carrara
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrara
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Mercure Gold Coast Resort 4*
Located in the heart of it all - just minutes from beautiful Gold Coast beaches and renowned golf courses, Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, world class shopping and sporting stadiums - Mercure Gold Coast Resort is perfectly positioned for your business trip or next holiday. This beautifully appointed resort is one of the top choices on the Gold Coast for relaxing, unwinding and rejuvenating away from the hustle and bustle of the city. When planning where to stay on the Gold Coast, for a fun family holiday with the kids, sneaking away for a romantic couples' escape or teeing off on a golf weekend - no hotel makes you feel more at home than Mercure Gold Coast Resort! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Gold Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Resort Gold Coast Hotel Carrara