“Disappointed with service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Currumbin
Eden Health Retreat
lismore
“Disappointed with service”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My first couple of days at Camp Eden were fine. By midweek staff attitudes seemed to deteriorate. I felt that some staff had homophobic attitudes which made me feel like I was in Camp Conservative-Nightmare. 3 staff were particularly rude and unprofessional and ruined the rest of my stay there. Other than this, the food was fantastic and the rooms were beautiful. I wouldn't go for a vigorous cardio workout as the classes offered were basic to medium level intensity. They say they offer spin and boxing and mountainbiking but these were not programmed classes when I was there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank cawongla

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 4 December 2012

A friend and I recently travelled to Camp Eden for a recharge and relax after a very stressful year. We both stayed in a Eden Sanctuary Room. The room was beautiful with a comfy queen bed, long window seat, which had a lovely view of the bush and mountains, a luxurious deep bath, (complete with salts for a relaxing soak), aromatherapy burners, relaxing music and tastefully furnished. The food was delicious and predominately vegetarian. Everything was fresh, organic and a focus on raw. There was a fabulous selection of teas to choose from. It is a great place to detox from coffee, black tea and alcohol. The other detox is from technology - with no signal it is best to leave these devices at home and soak up the experience. You can do as little or as much as you want. The morning starts with a stretching and Qigong session at 6am followed by a walk and breakfast. There are a variety of classes during the day which are included. These ranged from cardio, yoga, zumba and pilates to adventure based such flying fox, power pole and mission possible. There is a full beauty spa, sauna, steam room, pool, spa, massage and alternative therapies.

When you arrive, you have a consultation to book spa, massage and other therapies. You also have your blood pressure checked and can do an optional weights and measurements. I would recommend this as you have another check before you leave to see what improvements you have made. Even if you don't do the class the 'incidental exercise' sees big improvements to your fitness and well being. In the short time I was there I lost some weight, and reduced my hip and tummy measurements as well as improved in the stretch test. The gym is well equipped and available 24 hours.

I would recommend the cooking and nutrition seminars. I also had a session with the naturopath which has been very helpful for me. Camp Eden offers a program known as the Eden Program - a self reflection and goal setting type program. Although I went to a few sessions, it didn't hit the mark for me. I think when you go to Camp Eden, the key is doing what you want to do. Everyone is there for a different reason and it is about making the most of your OWN experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mrandmrsbeas
Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

Wonderful location. Fantastic staff. Excellent food.

I went with a very dear old school friend on the 6day package which we got for an amazing price.

Our purpose for going was to get a kick start to a healthy lifestyle.
You can do as much or as little exercise as you like. But you do have to walk 5k's each day just to eat & drink.

Our room was at the highest point. On arriving we were not looking forward to that hill every day. By the time we left the hill was a breeze.

We didn't participate in The Eden Program. Lots did but that wasn't why we were there.

The staff were just lovely. All of them. The rooms were very comfortable. The weather perfect. Cool early morning warm through the day then cool again in the afternoons. Your day starts with a bell ringing and a knock at your door at 545am. Of you choose. Yoga & st reaching class. It's so beautiful at that time of the day.

Great beauty spa treatments. Steam room, spa, sauna and pool. Gym to use when you like.
Lots of extras to purchase if you choose. No pressure to do so. We didn't do these.

The Flying Fox was fabulous. You HAVE to do it.

Since staying there early September now being November I have lost weight, still eating well. I feel fantastic.

Will be going back. Tranquil setting with no mobile or Internet available.
Highly recomend.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank MeeshellB
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I would never go out of my way to leave a review - but for Camp Eden - I'll make an exception.

I hesitated to book it (mainly because of the money and the doubtful thoughts) but I am so glad that I just booked it. I went for one week and returned home as a person that I was proud to be. My family and friends were shocked to see how happy and glowing I was.

It was the best holiday - every meal was my favourite, the people were outstanding, and the facilities 5 star! But as a bonus - I was able to heal my past and leap into the future with enthusiasm and joy! I cannot believe how much this place changed me. It should be compulsory for everyone to go!!

And yes, there is a sticker in the bathroom to not drink the water. But that is because they have triple filtered water for you to aid in your detox. I am baffled that someone would write a negative comment.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely! Of course, if you spend a little extra you can get a bath. But I never spe...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Ally B
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I took 12 days out and came to Camp Eden from NZ. What a good decision that has been. It was literally the best 12 days I've ever spent on myself. The facilities are top notch, the food is brilliant and inspirational and the staff are exceptional - they are highly trained professionals dedicated and committed to their guests without exception. Their therapists are world class. I would recommend CE to anyone just wanting some time out through to others who seek some deeper changes in their life. I'll be back. Debby.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank DebbyAnneBell
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

camp eden health spa/resort is truly a most wonderful experience. We spent 5 days in October and have arranged to go again next year. Our accommodation in the delux valley view room was first class!!!! Beautiful views of the valley (even from our bath tub), The bed was super comfortable. The highlight for me was the amazing food. Organic, fresh and delicious. I enjoyed the cooking demonstrations and have not stopped making the delicious cookies. It was a very enjoyable/relaxing time. I walked a lot, breathed in the fresh/pure air and totally relaxed either by the pool or on the steam/sauna rooms. My husband did all the adventure programs on offer eg. flying fox; pole jumping; kayaking.
Mostly, camp eden is also about the wonderful staff who know how lucky they are to work in such a beautiful place!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank johnmarisa
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My experience at Camp Eden has changed my life, I never thought five days would do this, but it definately has, and still six weeks later, I am still my new and improved self.

I was feeling tired, deflated and like a victim of life circumstances; scared and feeling withdrawn from life... well that was the old me... now I have the courage, strength and power within me and it shows and I can feel it every day, and every day I am smiling, laughing and feel a certain stillness within me.

The morning GiGong was a fantastic start to the day (thanks Frank), and the Eden Program was something that I think everyone should do... it really does make you take that mirror out and have a long hard look at yourself... well I did, and made the changes within... and I am loving the new me.

I totally recommend Camp Eden if you want to make changes and don't know how to go about it... all the guidance, support and love is all there waiting for you.

Room Tip: My room was excellent, just up from the dining hall and beautiful view over the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Deb B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Currumbin
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa
The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat
Sanctuary Beach Resort
Sanctuary Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Currumbin

Been to Eden Health Retreat? Share your experiences!