“A Truly Life Changing Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Currumbin
Eden Health Retreat
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I have just spent our second 7 day stay at Eden....and as with our first visit it was an absolutely unbelievable experience again that reinforced the changes we made to our lives after our first visit. We fully expect to be returning to Eden at least once a year for the rest of our lives!! ...why...
- The beautiful Eden grounds are breathtaking and the minute you arrive you can sense you are in for a wonderful 7 days. Beautifully manicured lawns, immaculate landscaped gardens and amazing trees, small natural streams all surrounded by rainforest covered hills just filled with birds. Special mention to the Whipbirds that are calling to each other all day.
- The Eden staff are second to none from anywhere in the world. Under Stuart's leadership they live the values of complete professionalism in every situation and member satisfaction and truly personal care at all times is paramount. We love these people and really think of them as friends or family rather than staff.
- The accommodation is 5 star. Beautifully decorated cabins that are spotlessly clean at all times. Really comfortable big beds, great showers and big spa baths with wonderful outlooks across the valley and up to the forested and craggy Mount Tallebudgera.
- The exercise classes are highly varied and seem to be really cleverly arranged so they each complement each other. The instructors work to each individual's pace and capability with great technical skills and real care. Special mention here to Frank and Nikki - you guys are absolutely inspirational beautiful people.
- The range and quality of the treatments are also amazing - there is a huge range of treatments that have to be seen to be believed and the quality of the delivery is always fantastic under Theresa's guidance.
- And finally. the Eden food experience is something that you cannot afford to miss. The guests we have been with on both occasions have raved about the food and there is endless talk among the guests about "how did they make that incredible dish,,,I have to get that recipe too.." and "I wonder that will be on the menu for breakfast today, it couldn't be as good as yesterday's could it?"...but is always is thanks to Blair and his team in the kitchen.

My final comment is that if you don't go to Eden then you will miss one of life's great experiences and you will be the poorer for not experiencing this unbelievable place to provides outstanding value for money and has certainly changed our lives forever!.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marshyak

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I notice the weekend papers have the Eden Retreat special deals on sale. I have recently been to the retreat and it is in a beautiful setting. The facilities are very good and the spa experience was excellent. Our room was spacious with lovely views across the valley, including from the bath tub! The meals were nutritious, varied and very tasty. BUT, somethings which aren't made clear include: The property is spread out over a considerable distance. There are hills to walk up and down all day as you move from your room, to the dining area or to the pool, spa, activity areas. If you have issues with mobility you may be compromised. If your fitness level is low, you will find the hills challenging. Unless you stay in your room, you have to walk the hills to get to any of the activities. I noticed the breakfast is advertised as buffet. You are served a dish and may choose some fruit. Lunch and dinner plates are handed to you with the protein portion served. You can only choose the vegetables or salad. Meals, therefore are cafeteria style with minimum choice. The activities are varied and cater for all interests and fitness levels. The staff are excellent at their job of trying to involve everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed the flying fox, the pool, sauna, steam room, the yoga and QiGong sessions and the massages I had. The Eden experience is one I'll happily remember, but I would prefer less people and less of the school camp feel. The deal is very good value and worth the money you'll pay.

Room Tip: Rooms 25-28 are up an EXTRA hill. Very hard going after a day of activities, when you're tired a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank DebraE88
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I recently completed my fourth visit to this little piece of paradise and I know it will not be the last. Every aspect of it is pure perfection from the location, the facilities, the staff, the activities, the treatments and the fellow guests. There is no compulsion to do anything - participate in all activities or chill out with a book - or anything in between. The serenity, interrupted only by magnificent bird calls is completely calming. Stress drifts away and you can focus on self and rejuvenation.

Room Tip: I like the rooms at the top of the hill as I enjoy the incidental exercise walking up and down.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you want to get a taste of what it feels like to be fit and healthy do yourself a favor and book into Eden. From the time we arrived to the time we left, we were busy with all sorts of activities, fast paced , relaxing , challenging , we had the most wonderful food and the staff were absolutely fantastic and fun. This was an all round recharge to go back into real life. 5 days just flew by, didn't miss Internet, TV, coffee or alcohol at all ( didn't even think about my husband until day four....)
Thank you Team Eden for making our stay so enjoyable. See you all again next year.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Doris N
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have just returned fom a five night stay at "Eden", it has been 9 years since I was last there and was happy to see some of the original staff still there. There have been some improvements made since I was last there, a spa has been put in and the pool area now has an undercover area. All of the staff are absolutely amazing and go above and beyond to make your staff as unique and special as possible. Whether you are there to unwind, de-stress, relax, detox, lose weight, get pampered, have time out away from the hussel and bustle of everyday life than this is the place for you. The food is beyond good and not only does it taste amazing but it's healthy and to top it off you don't have to do the dishes, your rooms are made up everyday and you are provided with fresh towels. Upon arrival you are given a bag, rain cover and water bottle and umbrellas are provided for guest use. The first time I went to Eden I went on my own, the second time I went I went with my mum, it was a really beautiful experience to have with my mum, not having to rush off to be anywhere and just relax and enjoy each others company in a beautiful relaxed setting. It rained every day that I was there but not torrential, just a light drizzle and thankfully the weather cleared up whenever we needed to venture outside for activities. After five nights I feel relaxed and rejuvenated and my skin looks amazing from all the wonderful spa treatments that are available. I highly recommend this for anyone that is just looking for a bit of relaxing time out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My first stay at Eden was nothing short of blissful. The location beautiful and peaceful. No phone, radio, tv allowed me to clear my mind, relax and reflect on my life. Heaps of activities like yoga, zumba, pilates, gym classes, spa, sauna, steam room, beauty / body treatments and two cooking classes. Staff fantastic. Eden thought of everything - upon arrival given a shoulder bag with a cap, water bottle, rain jacket. Umbrellas at every entrance in case of a shower. Food wonderful. If you are looking for a health retreat, Eden is for you. If you are looking for a hotel with a bar fridge and room service - go somewhere else. Eden is for the mind, body and spirit.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin on the same level as the dining room with a bath.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank BethHen
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I've now stayed at Camp Eden (Eden Health Retreat) ten times. Out of curiosity, I have also stayed at several other Health Retreats in close proximity to Eden. But without hesitation I prefer Eden Health Retreat. Over the years management have listened to the feedback from their guests and introduced changes that have continued to make it a leader in its field. I usually go annually. I am always astounded how seven days in this beautiful nuturing environment can make such a difference to my entire life for the next twelve months. Every time I return home I am confident that the money spent is the best gift I could've given myself. Eden provides the opportunity to centre and balance ourselves in this far too busy world. A far more valuable experience than a usual resort style holiday.

Room Tip: Valley View rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends