“You just keep coming back!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Currumbin
Eden Health Retreat
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was my second 7 day visit to Eden, and definitely not my last. As soon as I drove in the gates, it felt like home (but much more luxurious!) Stuart and his staff make you feel like the most special people in the world and the retreat speaks for itself. The rooms are beautiful and I always ask for a room with a bath(even more luxury). There is something for everyone in regards to the activities, There is adventure, cardio, spiritual and relaxing. It is all your choice. The program is run by a team of professionals who are also so uplifting. Special mention to Nicky, Frank and Janine who add a special energy to Eden. Now to the food. OMG it is amazing. I spent the week trying to bribe Blair or any of his team to move into my house and cook the meals we were treated to at Eden. There was not one meal I didn't LOVE!!!! Once you try this retreat, you will keep coming back to get your fix.

Room Tip: The rooms with a bath are beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Sydneykim42
There are newer reviews for Eden Health Retreat

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have just returned from my first 5-day visit to Eden, a truly blissful, re-energising, empowering, amazing experience. The rooms were beautiful and quite well equipped, supplying body soap, shampoo and conditioner. I loved that there was a huge jar of Epsom salts placed next to the bath and I certainly used it a number of times!

The food was unbelievable and despite the full cream milk, cream and the daily afternoon tea biscuits and slices, I lost a kilo in the 5 days I was there! It may have had something to do with the unavoidable walk up and down the hill (1.5km return I was told by my new pals wearing Fit Bits!) three times a day, but my guess is that it was probably due to the break from sugar, alcohol and coffee! On that note, I did regret not having heeded the advice provided when my booking was confirmed, to begin the detox process a week or two prior to arrival. Consequently I had a headache for the first 3 days, however I refused to let this hold me back and in any case, it was nothing a few Panadol couldn't resolve!

People attend Eden for a variety of reasons - to improve fitness, general health and wellbeing, to be pampered, to tend to mental health and wellbeing and sometimes simply to have some time out. All these needs are catered for. The Eden Program runs from Sunday to Saturday and we were invited to do as much or as little as we liked as far as this was concerned. Programs ran from 5.45am and tended to finish around 5.45pm daily, but it seldom felt as if we were rushing from activity to activity. There was a perfect balance between cardio activities and peaceful pursuits, with some heart racing, empowering adventure activities thrown in for good measure! I participated as much as possible, even when at times I just felt like lazing around the pool or just chilling, both of which would have been perfectly acceptable.

The Spa was first class. I must admit that I did indulge in a hot rock massage, Silicium facial, foot spa and acupuncture, all of which were absolutely fabulous and more than satisfied my 2014 NY's resolution to honour ME. The Spa uses Thalgo products, which I loved.

Although the food, spa and activities were world class, I think it was the people that made the experience such an incredible one for me. The staff were friendly, fun, energetic, approachable and accommodating and we enjoyed much frivolity and a lot of laughs! It was obvious that every single one of them had been very carefully selected and there was an enormous amount to be gained from participating as much as possible in the program. I couldn't mention them individually because I simply couldn't bare to leave anyone out. Suffice it to say that they all possess a fantastic sense of humour and an obvious wish to make the experience as amazing as possible for everyone.

Notwithstanding all the above, for me it was the people I met, the fellow participants, who made my time at Eden the unique, deeply heartwarming experience that it turned out to be. We bonded quickly and the support and strength they provided whilst I attempted the adventure activities, and the sense of trust and camaraderie we established when discussing personal issues, were definitely the highlights for me. Self disclosure is not my forte, however an atmosphere of trust is established early and there is a tacit understanding that you share only what you are comfortable sharing and that nothing leaves the room at the end of a session.

On my next trip, I wouldn't mind exploring some of the more alternative therapies on offer, as all reports were extremely positive in this regard. I advise anyone to study the therapies menu before you get there so that you can take advantage of the specialised targeted therapies available.

All in all, it was the most fun filled, empowering, blissful, enlightening experience and I intend to make an annual return trip!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Auscaz
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was my first visit to Eden and it exceeded all my expectations. I stayed for 7 days over new years eve and was a beautiful way to see in the new year.
The food was delicious, every meal was different and received tips of what to use at home to have healthier meals. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. I travelled alone and was never lonely, sitting with different people at meals in the beautiful dining room that overlooked the valley. Made some amazing friendships over the week. A full day program was delivered to your room every evening including any treatments you have booked. Sometimes the treatments meant you missed another programmed activity and if possible they would change to ensure you got to do everything you wanted. And anything you missed, you can do next time. Never any pressure to attend all the activities scheduled, you could spend the day by the pool or in your room if you wished, but I participated in nearly everything that was offered. A wide range of treatments available, a good way to try out a few things which I did - try the Kahuna massage it is like nothing else you have ever experienced. I loved that there was no technology and no phone reception although they did have a guest computer if you have to check emails and also pay phones/calls to call home if required. All staff were amazing and welcoming, answering questions and supporting you through the challenging moments. Amazing grounds and views, so peaceful and lots of wonderful bird life. I booked the Single Eden Sanctuary room which was spacious and had a wonderful view. It also had a bath tub which unfortunately took a long time to fill and therefore did not use it as much as I would have liked.
If you are looking for a holiday that will change your life, bring you back to the present moment and make you feel healthier, then Eden is for you. I look forward to returning again one day like so many others already do.
Thank you Stuart, Janine, Nicky, Blair and the whole Eden team from reservations to the maintenance to all the kitchen staff and all the PE staff, I will never forget my life changing week at Eden.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Vikki328
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was my first time at Eden and I loved everything about it. I stayed for 5 days and it was the perfect way to begin a new year.

The food was delicious and really healthy; the staff are funny, friendly and extremely knowledgeable; the activities and classes (that I tried) were so fun and really made you sweat. There is a high level of incidental exercise too as the majority of cabins, the dining hall and two of the activities are at the top of a rather steep hill (that doesn't seem to get any easier, in my opinion - haha).

All of the activities are optional and there is no pressure to join in at all. But I found myself participating in a few things I never imagined myself doing regardless.

I also treated myself to several treatments (salt scrub, Kahuna massage, classic facial) and they were all fantastic. A special thanks to Margo for the most amazing 2 hours of my life (so far) during the Kahuna (!!!).

The only negative thing I experienced were some slight withdrawal symptoms from coffee, sugar and my phone (I'm Gen Y so maybe that has something to do with the last one - lol). However; I did expect this to happen and it didn't detract from my experience in any way.

Overall, I would give the experience more than 5 stars if I could and will hopefully be able to return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bendem26
Reviewed 20 December 2013

After 15 years between visits, I returned to Camp Eden now Eden Health Retreat. Apart from the name change, things have only improved although the wonderful care from the staff and the beautiful scenery was still the same. I tried all the activities and although the starts in the morning are early and the workouts can be strenuous, I very much enjoyed the change of pace and the challenges from the working environment. The staff are wonderful and motivating, the food very tasty and nutritious and the rooms very comfortable. Hopefully it won’t be 15 years before I come back again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Geremiahc
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed for 7 days at the Eden Health Retreat as a treat for my birthday and the opportunity to relax, recharge and refocus on my life! The food was amazing, as was the amount of incidental exercise you have to do with all the accommodation located up a big hill - intimidating at first but by the end of the week, most people are powering up there! The staff were great and there really is something there for everyone. I met lots of interesting people - male, female, older, younger - all very inspiring.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Highly recommend the Eden retreat for those who need to get away from it all - de-stress, rejuvenate and eat healthily. There is no mobile reception ( at least not for Vodafone customers - those with Telstra & Optus were able to get and send text messages) - which is probably a good thing. You can stay in contact with the outside world via a pay phone booth just need to buy a Telstra phone card which Eden sells.

You fly into Coolangatta airport & the lovely staff at Eden will pick you up from the airport and take you into Currumbin valley - where Eden is about a 30 minute drive away and it feels like a million miles from care. No TV, radio, pc's or mobiles. You arrive to a lovely freshly squeezed juice - and then a health assessment, weigh in and blood pressure check whilst you choose from their extensive spa menu what you would like for the week - so they can work their schedules out.

It is well worth investing in some treatments whilst you are there - I splurged on a number of items but by far the best investment was the Kahuna - an amazing almost 2 hr massage - just incredible - one of the best ones I have ever had - and the spa staff are all lovely - as are all the friendly staff at Eden.

You then enjoy an orientation of the place showing you around their facilities - which includes a very spacious and very well equipped gym, sauna, steam room, relaxation room, spa rooms, swimming pool and outside spa, walking tracks, a meditation labyrinth, a mud club( a special place to go and relax in mud!), the dining room, laundry and cabins. This is all set and spread out over many acres so a clever way to get lots of extra walking in whilst you are there. Yes there are hills, and yes they are steep but let them know beforehand if you have bad knees and they will place you closer to the dining room - but it's all good and by the end of the week the hills don't seem as big! There was an inspirational 92 year old lovely lady whilst I was there who sprightly charged up the hills every day - who put many younger people to shame!

Each day starts with a bell being run with a wakeup call at 5.45am for a special Qi Gong class to start the day with some gentle stretching & breathing which you can either follow up with a walk or return to your cabin up the hill where the dining room is before a beautiful healthy breakfast. The food here is really delicious - all organic, fresh and delicious. They do have morning and afternoon tea as well as lunch & dinner - if you need to lose weight don't have seconds and skip the morning & afternoon tea. You will detox - without caffeine or any processed food - so need to drink lots of water and have lots of steam baths.

They print up a personalised schedule each day so you know what's on and what treatment you have booked in for. The exercise classes are fantastic - from Restorative & Tibetan yoga to Zumba and Mind, Body movement. You can do as much or as little as you like. There are also self-improvement daily talks in the afternoon - which are wonderful - and cooking classes - as well as some special adventures like the Flying fox. After dinner each night there is also a talk that again you can skip if you are too tired - do make sure you do the meditation and nutrition talks - they are very good. Again it's up to you to self-select what you want to do. The first few days I tried to pack in as much as I could but by the 3rd day - I was feeling exhausted and my worst detox day with a headache so took it easy with a gentle swim and sauna, an Indian head massage and read my book.

There is so much to do - that times flies by really quickly. It's lovely to make the connections with others who are there - there were a mix of people in our group of around 36 - many travel alone - others came in pairs and there were 2 couples. It's nice at mealtimes to sit and chat with all of the lovely people there.

It's casual dress - I packed lots of gym gear, swimming cozzie, goggles and some dresses for the evening with a wrap and boots as it did get quite cold at night even when it was hot during the day.

I bought a special deal via Getaway which was great value for 5 nights in a single Eden Sanctuary room. The room itself was really beautiful - spacious - with a lovely bush view - and great bathroom with a deep bath and shower - & enjoyed a bath every day with candles and they have a music system in every room.

My 5 days were very restorative - I wanted to get away from it all and unwind - I did - & wished I'd been able to stay for 7 days. Would I go back - you bet. In fact - the last wonderful health retreat ( and first one I had ever been to) I vowed to return every year - and that was 4 years ago. It took a special deal - and a smaller chunk of time to help me invest in myself. Many people who were there had been going for years. Next time I'd like to take my husband and daughter but we'll have to wait a number of years before we can do that as the youngest they take is 17 yrs old.

Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a healthy, stress free break to truly recharge and rejuvenate - even after 5 days you'll leave so much more energised.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Travelbug49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Currumbin
Santai Retreat
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge
Springbrook Lyrebird Retreat
Springbrook Lyrebird Retreat
#1 of 3 in Springbrook

Been to Eden Health Retreat? Share your experiences!