“Staff farewell”

Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Currumbin
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Currumbin RSL is set along the banks of the picturesque Currumbin estuary. Surround yourself with warm wood paneling at Alleys multi-award-winning restaurant and enjoy contemporary dining where the multi-award-winning chefs transform quality fresh, local produce into sumptuous meals and cater to varying dietary requirements. The Club also boasts a waterfront cafe offering sweet and savoury crepes made to order, free kids club an impressive Main Bar and Sports Bar both with TAB and Keno facilities plus gaming machines and a multi-award-winning Event Room. Offering free weekly live entertainment, comedy nights and home to The SoundLounge, live music for live people.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Large group on a Wednesday night, food reasonable at best and quite expensive. Beer and wine prices far too high. Bar service very very poor. They would not accept reciprocal RSL membership as both RSL clubs I am a member of are in NSW. As an ex-serviceman I was very disappointed with the whole experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Tonight I came to see a band and have dinner. I was so excited to be out and about. The food was amazing by Chef Dave Orr. The start to the night was on par. However, the new bar “spirit den” was cute and inviting and opened 30 mins before the show and all the staff members were so confused on opening times. Mmmm, I was confused as I was invited to come in and then asked to go out for 15 mins until it would open. When asking the lovely lady Jess about opening- her response was I didn’t have a till. I would open this bar if I had ten customers without a Till.

Currumbin R, Guest Relations Manager at Currumbin RSL, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your feedback, I have passed your lovely comments on to Dave & our Executive Chef and have also forwarded your concerns around the Spirit Den to our Events Manager.

My apologies for the confusion and you are right, we shouldn't be turning customers away. Constructive feedback allows us to continually improve our training and update our Service Standards with our staff.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit
Exec F & B Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Do not waste your money on the Vegetarian Tapas Platter for 2. It sounded good on the menu and looked reasonable when it arrived. I seriously doubt if anything on the platter was home made tasted very commercial. Left most of the platter it was disgraceful. There are plenty of lovely meals on the Menus - give the Vegetarian Tapas Platter a big miss

Hi Melanie

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment and I have passed your review on to our Executive Chef. The tapas platters are extremely popular, any feedback good or bad is important for the growth and improvement of our business.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

John the RSL Courtesy Bus Driver deserves to be commended for his excellent customer service. Last Sunday 10/6/18 he went out of his way to help me retrieve a parcel I left behind (at that time he had no other waiting customers). It is so nice to experience this type of outstanding customer service in this day and age. Many thanks again John!

Hi Tracey
I have passed your lovely feedback on to John, he sure is a star and we are so pleased you retrieved your parcel.

We look forward to seeing yo back at the Club again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch on our 51St anniversary,food was nice,view most pleasant and staff were attentive,in all we had a thoroughly nice time there,would definitely recommend a visit when in the area.

Currumbin R, Guest Relations Manager at Currumbin RSL, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Hi Alan

We're so pleased that you chose to celebrate your 51st anniversary with us, congratulations to you and your wife.

We pride ourselves on our food, water views and our wonderful staff and the service that they offer, I will be sure to let them know of your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon
Exec. F & B Manager