“Avoid it”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tel: 5578 6088
“Avoid it”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So last night i was super hungry and it was raining so I decided to order takeaway food.

Won ton was so dry and filling had to flavor what so ever

the honey chicken worst i ever had. Its chicken breast they said but so many fat surrounding and nothing but oil all over.

Plus i got so sick last night.

I am NEVER ordering again from them. WORST CHINESE food EXPERIENCE EVER.

however the delivery guy was very nice and they had good customer service

• Visited July 2014

Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food poising!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I ordered honey chicken, special fried rice and prawn chips
Within two hours of eating half a plate I was violently ill with the worst vomiting I have ever experienced.
This for so bad I required a doctor to do a home visit to give me a needle to stop the vomiting as it would not let up
Besides toast for breakfast this was all I had eaten all day and instantly felt I'll once I finished
I have never endured such a violently ill attack from food
Stay clear from this joint
Undercooked chicken and greasy disgusting food
This lasted well over 24 hours and resulted in me missing work because I couldn't leave my bathroom floor
Disgusting!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Arabella19
Brisbane
“Carole J”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Tried their lunch special on Monday it was lovely. Great value. $7.90
I had curried steak and vegetables with fried rice comes with a spring roll and also included a glass of soft drink served with ice!
It was probably the nicest curried steak I've had and quite a large serve The fried rice was a bit average but rice is just an addition.
This restaurant is only small for eating in but they do a home delivery service. I wanted to advise travelers of the quality of the food as often home delivery isn't all that great and when you are here on a holiday you wouldn't know who to call.

• Visited December 2012
Fraser Island, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid Lummy's Restaurant if you want to avoid bad food and bad service!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I went down and ordered their salt and pepper calamari. It was horrible. I had to wait 20 minutes for it and when I took it home to eat it, it was extremely oily, way too much batter, and the calamari pieces were in big ugly clumps. No effort had gone into the meal at all and after just too bites I felt sick because of how oily it was. I then tried to call them of this and they proceeded to offer me a 20% discount next time I ordered. I asked to speak to a manager and they told me they will see what they can do If I brought it down and showed them. I told them that was shocking service and they wouldnt budge except to offer me a 50% discount on my next order. How insulting is that? If you wanna avoid overpriced oily food and bad service to boot avoid Lummy's.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Nathan B
Gold Coast, Australia
“Best Chinese Take Away on Gold Coast”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We have been customers for a long time and decided to try a different restaurant closer to where we had moved. Needless to say, it was terrible by comparison and more expensive.

After reading some of the other reviews, you may be hesitant but it really depends on what you like to order. We don't like fried and battered food, so naturally we don't order that. We also don't eat traditional chinese, i.e. Chicken Feet, Jellyfish, Sea Cucumbers etc. and if that is your thing, then this is not the chinese restaurant for you.

Some of our suggestions are:

Crispy Skin Chicken ($12.50) - A large serve with plenty of chicken breast with tasty skin & a separate special salt to sprinkle over the skin if you like.
BBQ Pork in Plum Sauce ($13.90) - BBQ pork slices (not fatty) & vegetables in delicious sauce.
Beef in Black Bean Sauce ($12.50) - Tender slices of beef with black bean sauce & vegetables.

Singapore Noodles ($12.50) - These are the best noodles on the Gold Coast.
Very thin egg noodles with a light spicy flavour mixed with bean sprouts, carrots, celery, beans, onions etc, egg & BBQ pork strips.

House Specials which are slightly dearer:

Thai Combination & Cashews ($19.00) - Combination Chicken, Beef, BBQ Pork, King Prawns & stir fry vegetables with cashews in mild Thai Chilli Sauce - super tasty dish (my favourite).

Honey Pepper Beef ($16.90) - Marinated Eye Fillet Beef in a delicious pepper and honey sauce. Really tender and a special dish.

Lummy's is mainly a take away set up alongside other takeaways opposite a service station. They have about 5 tables inside if you want to have a quick meal there, but we usually pick up (takes about 15 mins) or have our order delivered (usually 30 mins or on busy Fri/Sat nights 50 mins).

Summary:

Lummy's has been operating since 1998 and is a family business. From our experience they cook with very fresh vegetables and extremely tasty sauces. They do a massive take away business and the food is always fresh and with no added MSG. You can also order online now.

We won't get our Chinese food anywhere else. Highly Recommended.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Emerald8888