Quality Hotels always need to be approached with caution. Put simply, the brand management is a bit pear-shaped and quite often Quality = crappy & dated (I've been caught before!). This isn't the case for the Quality @ Mermaid Waters and hopefully it is setting the benchmark for other Quality Hotels to follow.
We booked the hotel over the web for a special rate. If we hadn't gotten a special rate I must admit that we probably wouldn't have bothered staying. Ours was only a one night stay and was designed to energise us up for a long drive to Noosa after 12 or so hours flying.
From the outside the place looked a bit dubious. On the inside it has been fully refurbished and really does look the 4 star business.
We stayed in a newly refurbished club room with a superb king sized bed. The room, bathroom and overall facilities have been renovated to a high standard. The pool, although not renovated at the time of our stay, could do with some love, but was quite big for a hotel of this class.
Our room came complete with a voucher for the restauraunt and a complimentary drink. Unlike many hotels, the restauraunt/gaming lounge is all pretty new and really delivered the goods. Well priced and tasty food. Just what we needed.
All in all, we enjoyed our short stint at this hotel. It is a hard one to summarise though. Being in Mermaid waters it is still a bit of a hike from Surfers so probably wouldn't be ideal for the holidaying traveller. Perhaps best suited to the business market or people like us who just needed a darn fine bed after a hard day in the air.
Would we go back? Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters is a 4 star hotel located just 5kms from the surfing beaches of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise. With the clean golden sands of local beaches, and pockets of lush green parkland, Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters is ideally located. The hotel offers accommodation and provides guests with access to a diverse range of hotel facilities including restaurant, wagering facilities, sports bar and gaming lounge, conference spaces, pool and BBQ area. The hotel also provides a complimentary shuttle service for all in-house guests to Pacific Fair, Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise and Robina Town Centre eight times daily along with free WIFI facilities & secure parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Mermaid Waters
- Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters Gold Coast