Surfsong Villa Resort
  • Restaurant
Guana Island(Guana Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewspaddle boardstrellis baychef davidvirgin gordabeach houseour honeymoonclose to the airportprivate beachvery special placerental carsurf songhonor barbeef island airportmeal planthe entire staffpersonalized servicebedroom and bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful property, gorgeous accommodations, perfect location, and an amazing staff, then look no further than Surfsong Resort Villas! My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return with our kids in tow next time. We can't say enough wonderful things about the staff. Simon, was great and took care of us by booking a rental car, making dinner reservations, and a charter over to Jost Van Dyke. We had absolutely no worries! Mark and Cate made sure we had a romantic dinner in their "treehouse" open area, which topped off one of our last evenings there! Laura is a great cook, her breakfasts are divine. And the rest of the staff, so friendly, helpful, and really made our stay more enjoyable.

Thank you, Surfsong, for an amazing vacation!

Room Tip: We stayed in Driftwood - near a beach area, and not a far walk to Well Bay, the swimming beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison K
SurfsongTortola_BVI, General Manager at Surfsong Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We are all so happy that you'll be planning anther vacation with your children. I am very pleased at your mention of our dedicated staff who strive to make every vacation special. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent 7 nights at Surfsong with our 9 year old son. We had a fantastic time while we were there. The grounds are beautiful, and the staff was wonderful. Our first day there we had the most amazing massages. The set us up with a charter boat for a day piloted by Curtis(great guy).We spent an entire day buzzing around the islands from one amazing place to the next. I highly recommend a visit to The Baths on Virgin Gorda, and lunch at One Love on Jost Van Dyke. Wow. There is a small beach inside the compound, and an AMAZING beach only about a half mile away. They were very helpful in having our rental car delivered to the house for us. Driving around to all the beaches on Tortola was a memory I will always think of with great fondness. We felt safe and welcome at all times. We will certainly be back.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank innisfreevt
SurfsongTortola_BVI, General Manager at Surfsong Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thanks so much for writing a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our attentive and friendly staff as well as the beach and your villa - we look forward to having you stay with us again and will do our best to recommend some additional "not to be missed" activities....there are so many wonderful experiences to have in the BVI. See you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Could not have asked for a better experience. They completely took care of everything we needed and made our honeymoon experience remarkable. The beach was very private, a little rocky with shells but a great place to lay out in the nice lounge chairs. There are kayaks and paddle boards available if you are feeling up for an adventure, but the snorkeling is so-so as most of the water is shallow with turtle grass. The honeymoon package was well worth it and made the details much easier to organize. Seascape was our villa, which was very spacious and practically home away from home with two amazing hammocks and a private patio. The property is small and intimate, perfect for romantic get away and to recharge. If you do not want to make the trek into town for dinner, have a private dinner catered by their personal chef. What a fantastic experience. We cannot wait to make another trip and hope to make it a yearly tradition.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SurfsongTortola_BVI, Owner at Surfsong Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are very pleased that you enjoyed the honeymoon package, our privacy, watersports and chef services. We hope you’ll come back to Seascape Villa again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was here for work and able to take my fiancé. It was extremely difficult to book a place on two weeks notice, especially some place nice. In desperation I called at the recommendation of a co-worker (I'm a pilot) and heard they were pilot friendly. Simon, the GM, was kind, informative and set me at ease with his professional and easy going nature. I say this, because mixed reviews on other locations had me wondering if spiffy websites were hiding not so spiffy experiences. I got a good feeling from Simon that he would take care of us and that it's a see-what-you-get kind of place. He even took care of setting up a rental car for us.

Our stay was short; we wish it had been longer. Having traveled around Tortola and over to Virgin Gorde (seeing the tourist spots first hand) I would recommend the location of SurfSong. The villas are well kept, clean, more than comfortable and set in an extremely laid-back, relaxing environment. They have nice common areas, are liberal with use of water sports equipment (snorkel gear, paddle boards, kayak, and hobie cat). You can hear an occasional airplane taking off or landing, but I did not find it off-putting and neither did our non-pilot neighbor couple. I consider it to be a far better trade-off than staying at one of the larger, busier resorts.

To sum it up, I've stayed at some outstanding eco-resorts, hotels, etc (I don't write on them often as exhibited by my two other TripAdvisor reviews) and SurfSong is at the top. My fiancé and I agreed that we would like to come back on our own, hopefully, with family/friends. It's a not so well known, beautiful place.

Side note: Mark, one of the owners, gave us an impromptu sailing lesson when we asked to take out the hobie cat. He didn't grumble when I admitted that I hadn't sailed. He was thorough and fun; a testament to the attitude and customer service we saw throughout our stay.

Thanks, again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bdarbg22

Thank you for such a lovely review. Our dedicated customer care team are always eager to help make your stay as enjoyable as can be and we are delighted at your comments about being at the top of the eco-resorts you have stayed at. We look forward to your next stay and to getting out on the water for another sailing lesson.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We were married on the beach of the Surfsong Resort on 30 Jan 2014 and the setting couldn't have been more intimate. Our special day was everything we had hoped for. Cate and her staff made it so easy for us to simply enjoy the day. They pay attention to every detail. The privacy afforded all guests at Surfsong makes it a very special place. The meals were all exceptional. We enjoyed our stay so much that we have already recommended this resort to friends.

Room Tip: The Seascape villa was very private yet close to everything.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
SurfsongTortola_BVI, General Manager at Surfsong Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

We are very honored to be a part of your special day and so happy that you enjoyed your time at Surfsong. We look forward to seeing you again.