“Nice family size room, very strong odor(air freshner) and outrageous restaurant prices”

Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family of 4 stayed here the night before an early morning flight. When we arrived at the airport we called for the shuttle to pick us up. We waited about 30 min. Check in was fast and easy. When we got to the room there was an unbearably strong odor. We looked around to see if there was a plug in or something and found nothing. Luckily the window opened but it was cold outside and when u opened the window the heat turned off. We asked for another room but was told that they didn't have any more rooms that would accommodate us.
We decided to leave the window open and go down for dinner that starting serving at 7 pm. When we got to the restaurant we discovered there were no kids menu. There was only one person we saw working. They had a buffet for $35. Since I could not get the attention of the only server working I decided to go back to front desk to ask about the buffet price for kids. She called the restaurant and after a lengthy delay she tells me the kids are $35 as well. WHAT? I was truly offended. There were no offerings on the regular menu for kids and they want to charge me $70 for my 7 year old twins to eat. We ended up ordering pizza in. The attendant at the front desk was very kind and called the pizza place for us to order in Italian. There were no restaurants in walking distance that were open.
Back in the room the smell was still strong but after about an hour you kinda started to get use to it. The bed was very comfortable compared to what we had been sleeping on in Italy. They had two rollaway beds made up for the kids. They were also very comfortable. I had expected almost like a cot, but was a twin size thick mattress. Bathroom was very large and very nice. Great water pressure and very large deep bathtub.
Had to leave at 4:30 am to catch shuttle to airport. Shuttle was on time and waiting. The had coffee and croissants (choc, fruit filled, and plain) out for those catching 4:30 shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JeninAkron

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We booked three nights and then we stayed only one night and the hotel staff would not give us the opportunity to complete their stay at another. Plus they did not give us the points we are entitled as members of the Club hotels best western

Room Tip: dont go to this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Malpensa, Manager at Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear y2112r,

I am sorry for your reservation troubles, but these are independent of our hotel. Your reservation was not made directly with us, but through a tour operator. The rate chosen was also a special offer rate that was both non refundable and non modifiable.

At the time of your check in you did not tell us you were staying only for one night instead of 3 nights. You told our night porter in the early morning, while you were checking out. Had you made mention of your change in plans before your arrival maybe we could have worked something out with the tour operator (who had received payment and thus is the only party responsible for a refund).

I always reccommend our customers reserve directly through our hotel (website, phone or email) or through the official BEST WESTERN channels (800 number, email, website) to avoid complicating travel arrangements with a third party which has to be contacted in case of changes etc.. A timely mention of problems or changes also allow us to find solutions in case of these type of situations or at least we can try to help you.

Regarding the BEST WESTERN rewards points, these are only accumulated on reservations made directly to the hotel or via the official chain channels - another good reason to book directly!

Again I am sorry for your reservation issues but these should have been taken up with the tour operator before your arrival.

Kind regards,
Frederick Venturi
Vice Director
BEST WESTERN Hotel Cavalieri della Corona

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Well I'm sat in Malpensa airport writing this as I wait for my flight back to London Luton....from the moment I was picked up by the free courtesy bus I new this was going to be an okay business trip. I was visiting. An Exhibition at Fiero Milano which is about 50 mins (by bus in heavy traffic). From the outside the hotel is clean fresh and modern if a little out the way...nota problem for me.
Check in was quick and easy, and the room spacious clean and modern, in fact having a separate lounge area and desk, perfecto.
A few drinks in the reasonably priced bar then of to a very comfy bed.
The hotel also put a courtesy bus on for the exhibition centre, making great savings not only in time but in the usual travel frustrations.
I got the taxi back from the exhibition costing 70e.
I ate in the hotel restaurant and had a lovely T-bone steak cooked rare, bellisimo...and a rather nice 1/2 bottle of wine this cost 40e, but very good fayre indeed.
Back to the bar before again retiring to bed for the second night.
The hotel allowed, I did ask very nicely, for me to check out rather later than usual s I needed to complete some work, then courtesy bus back to malpensa and here I am... Great hotel.....many thanks to all the staff for making my stay very welcome.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stewoo7
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I are not big hotel stayers - we prefer AirBnB or renting an apartment, but when we decided to extend our stay in Venice by a day, we knew we needed to just get a hotel near the airport for our early flight. Best Western was running this special online for 70 Euros, and we decided to do it, knowing nothing about the place and not even checking TripAdvisor! What a wonderful shock! The lobby is lovely and the staff is gracious. The room is huge, has a ton of storage space (if you are staying longer) and the KING BED is incredibly comfortable. And HOLY AMENITIES BATMAN! A fitness center (free)? A POOL (free)? Coffee in the room (free)? WiFi (free)? Laundry services (not free)? Even the mini bar is reasonably priced! This is really a great hotel! We love it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stbride
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night in last Feb. The free shuttle bus service was very good. When we arrived at MXP and called the hotel, they picked us up within 10-15mins. The driver was nice and helpful.

We booked a triple room for 3 adults and one 11 month old baby. The room was big and clean. Breakfast was good with cheese, ham, eggs, bread and yoghurt.

We appreciated the service of concierge staff. They were so nice and helpful. Since this was our first time been to Italy, we asked lots of questions about the places we wanted to visit. They gave us a map and marked all the places on it... And reminded us to call them for pick up when we came back!

Milan was our first stop and we went to Florence by driving on the next day. We love this Best Western and will book again next time. It was value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sdon29
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel because we were travelling back to the USA with 3 dogs and an 11 month old baby. I did not expect much and the reviews were mixed. I am a very picky traveller and require a clean room or I am not happy. Upon arrival I did not expect much as the hotel was at the end of what seemed to be a lower class neighbourhood street. We were very hungry and had a lot of luggage as we were moving to the USA and leaving Italy for good. After a 6 hour drive up from Rome this hotel shocked us with clean rooms, so clean that even the dreaded look of the safety drain in the sink, black in even the nicest hotels, was clean and clear. The showers were comfortable, beds were perfect and the staff was very hospitable. It was a very pleasant exit from Italy and the fact they are pet friendly was a major plus. I would highly recommend this to anyone needing a stay near Malpensa and for the money it is amazing.

Room Tip: Pet rooms have uncarpeted floors and a fuller bath.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lex59
Reviewed 28 December 2013

choose the place for the location and price. Didn't expect much but were pleasantly surprised as it urned out to be nice. The check in was quick and good; as we arrived late and warned in advance - they had all our details ready and checked us in in a few minutes. The room was ok, small but cosy and clean.

Internet woroking very bad after 5pm...

The buffet breakfast can only be described as average. bacon was overcooked all time... no possible to eat! Breakfast staff is not frendly at all.. they never smile... they all time angry and rude....

Overall a comfortable & clean hotel,...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 9 in Somma Lombardo
First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 9 in Somma Lombardo

Been to Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona? Share your experiences!