“Friendly Staff”

Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We enjoyed our short stay at your hotel. The bar was under remodel so the downstairs was not as nice as it could have been and the room was a bit too hot. All members of your staff that we interacted with were very friendly and helpful. Thank you.
Matt Causie

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Matt C
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Client,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am very glad to hear that you found yourself well during your stay.
I also take this opportunity to inform you that the renovation of the bar are finish. I invite you to come back again to be able to spend time in our lobby and our new bar, ready to satisfy your request !
NOVOTEL MILANO MALPENSA AEROPORTO

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Prior to our arrival we were informed there will be complimentary pick up from the airport organized for us. After we landed we called the hotel and we were told bus will pick up in 10 minutes but bus did not arrived. We called again and we were asked to wait another 10 minutes but bus still did not arrive, so we called third time and receptionist asked us to wait another 10 minutes... We took taxi afterwards and when we finally got to the hotel receptionist attitude was over the board. As we have membership status we were supposed to get complimentary drink so we asked if we can get it and the receptionist Capato Luca declined it. It would not be a problem for us at all if not the fact when we started going to the lift he made a loud sarcastic comment about it. That was unprofessional and very out of hand. He did not even bothered to say sorry when he noticed we overheard his stupid comment. We instantly regretted choosing this hotel as that is not the way you would be expecting to be treated as a guest. I would never stay there again. The only asset of this hotel is it's distance from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Krzysztof G
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am deeply sorry of what happened, because the hotel staff follows a process of development and subsequent growth of the attitudes of the employees, in which the company believes a lot.
I am personally investigating the incident. If you would can contact me directly to provide me more details about it.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Having been to stay at your hotel on many ocassions I have to stay that the friendliness of all the staff is astounding and the best i have had in any hotel I have ever stayed.
I feel extremely comfortable when I am here. Like at home.
The food of the restaurant is delicious and breakfast very varied and of a very high standard.
Rooms and bathroooms are great and very clean.
Near the airport which is great too.
Without hesitation I will go back.

Room Tip: You will not be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Customer,
thank you very much for taking the time to your review.
I am very glad to know that your stay at our hotel was to your liking. Our staff works from day to day to keep the high standard of our service.
I hope to have again our guest to be able to meet in person.

Barbara Finoli
NOVOTEL MALPENSA AEROPORTO

Reviewed 29 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I read the reviews on tripAdvisor as well as on the hotel's site before booking so there were no surprises for us. The shuttle runs with another hotel so it has a set schedule and when I called for a pick up I was told it would be ten minutes which was not true. It runs every half hour and not inbetween. It was a full sized bus so there was plenty of room and ditto for the next morning.
I heeded the advice of another traveler and did not eat in the hotel but walked 5 minutes down the poorly paved road through a wooded area, ( I was thinking Little Red Robin Hood) but I was with others and not afraid because there were no street lights. The family run restaurant was a good value and being out in the fresh air made for a better night's sleep.
We did receive our wake up call and the hotel was as advertised.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XCaliforniaGirl
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Customer,
thank you for the time didicato to your review.
I am pleased that your stay was all in all to your liking.
As for our shuttle service will confirm that it is operating every 30 minutes, and upon request, as you could also see the information on our website.
I hope to have again our guest.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed a night following a weeks med cruise and a North Italy road trip.
Normal 3/4star airport hotel..
Clean, good food, good showers, rooms ok and next to Milan airport where we has flight back to dubai.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RG1978

Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am very glad that you found our hotel to your liking, and that our service was up to your expectations.

Barbara Finoli
Guest Relations Manager
Novotel Milano Malpensa Aeroporto

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is the worst Novotel we ever visited! And following to that my most negative review ever... We spend 2 horrible nights in here (my husband en me and our 2 children). First of all the room was too small, very dusty (dust everywhere, on the water boiler, on the beds, in the bathroom...) and very hot. There was airconditioning but it was not working. The staff was not friendly. When we went to breakfast after a night of no sleep, the lady who was 'welcoming' us, did not say good morning, did not say anything at all. When I said: "Good morning, do you want our room number?" She just nodded, without a smile or anything. We had to look for a decent table ourselves... I think that lady was too old for the job or completely demotivated... I don't know... Breakfast was one very expensive big disappointment .... Where should I start?... First of all, we could not find a clean chair. Nor clean forks, knives or spoons. Everything was absolutely dirty. Second of all: no one was working over there!!! A couple of waiters were talking to each other while there was almost nothing to eat! We were not too late at breakfast (also because the sleepless night), it was maximum 8 o'clock in the morning. So it could not have been that... No one offered us coffee, the espresso machine was broken (too expensive??), the orange juice looked and smelled old and the food... Well, there was nearly anything! (see pictures). And that lady who was not able to produce a smile wandered over the floor. Doing absolutely NOTHING except looking sad. We could not understand it at all! Did the manager die the day before?? The place was like a funeral (but I think you can eat better on a funeral...). We always had good experiences with Novotels, but this one was really terrible... I don't understand any positive reviews the people give for this hotel. I think only one thing is good about this hotel and that's the shuttle service. We did not take it, but other people did and apparently that is working quite well. We were so happy after the second sleepless night to leave that I really wanted to tell the receptionist what I thought if she would ask how our stay was. Unfortunately she did not ask and I was too tired to start about it myself... In this hotel the staff was poor, poor, poor.... Pay them more or motivate them to give some service, please...

Room Tip: Look first if the airco is working
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maaike B
malpensa07, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,
I would first like to thank you for the time spent in giving your opinion, whatever the feeling is.
First let me deeply apologize for the bad experience you had, I really can assure this was an exceptional lack of standard for us.
Our brand is strongly committed in training staff in relating with clients and beeing empathic and friendly is one of the attitudes on which we count most.

I really understand your disappontment and I am at your complete disposal should you like to contact us to give us more information and details on what happened.

Please accept again the apologies from me and the whole Staff.

Best regards,

First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 9 in Somma Lombardo
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Del...
#3 of 6 in Cardano al Campo

Been to Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!