“AIRPORT HOTEL”

Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a good hotel when havina a fly early or when arriving late.It is clean, well located, right prices.
BUT!
What about the SHEATLE which is the MUST?
The guest are supsed to make reservation and there is a bad surprise to discover that
"the bus is just over booked..."
So we had to take one long earlier.
THe driver is not english speaking.He has had misteked the Terminal.The bagage door was broken, so we had to wait to open.And in any way the space for the bagage was too small, so some suitcase was MOOVING around in the corridor.
WHY the HOTEL is NOT GIVING an EXTRA SERVIRCE in the HIGH SEASON?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
We are truly sorry for the happened. That day, just became aware of the problem, we immediately sent another shuttle.

I hope to have again our guest.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Positives:
-typical Novotel bedroom - no surprises
-quick transfer from Malpensa Airport. Every half an hour. Easy to come back to Malpensa and then travel to Milan using Malpensa Express
-car park if needed. If travelling in North Italy close to fantastic Como or Maggiore lakes
-X box Kinnect for kids
-real cappuccino at breakfast time - so rare nowadays as in general you are forced to enjoy morning filtered coffee
-waiter behind the bar attitude - allowed us to open our own Valpolicella bottle of wine to enjoy it in our bedroom

It is a pity that the outside pool is only opened from June as informed at the desk. Great weather mid April.

Not a lot of options for dining. Going tonight to Quinto Elemento for pizza as very good reviews on TA. Apparently 10min walking from the hotel

Front desk helpful if asking for local directions however not proactive

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to your review.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed it at our hotel and that our services have been up to his expectations.
Our staff is committed every day to maintain the high standard of our hotel.
We hope to have again our guest.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Really disappointing stay at this hotel. I booked on their website for a one night stay and paid in advance.

Despite having a copy of my confirmed payment, on check in I was told the hotel had changed its computer system overnight and my booking had been lost.

I was asked to pay again at check in and my previous booking was to be refunded. If I did not make the payment, I would not be accommodated.

So, I paid in cash and was told the refund would be made. It was not made.

I raised this on check on the next day. Still no refund and I was told I needed to set this out in an email, so that it could be sent to head office.

I sent the email, with a copy of me receipt for cash payment and a copy of my confirmed payment, from both the website booking and my credit card statement.

Still no refund. After continual follow up, 3 months later - after supplying all the information again - I was told by the hotel an error had been made and my credit card would be refunded. Guess what - still no refund.

So, I then wrote to accor complaints - providing the email chain and proof of my two payments for the same night. I am then told by accor that "a proper" investigation had been undertaken and because I was a "no show" a refund would not be given. This "no show: quoted the night before my booking and completely ignored the confirmation email from the hotel website - and the hotels own email that the "no show" was an error generated by the changeover of their computer system.

If you feel like paying twice for the privilege - go ahead and book this hotel. Otherwise, avoid it all costs. A complete rip off. And don't expect any help from accor customer service. A very sour end to what had been a great holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs F
malpensa07, General Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2014

Ettore Cavallino

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel was situated about 10 minutes drive from Malpensa Airport. They have shuttle service every half an hour for pick-up and drop so it was very convenient. The rooms are clean and very comfortable beds. The bathrooms were neat and tidy. The restaurant servers good Italian food (though the menu is limited) but the service is great.
The receptionist was very polite and patiently answered all our queries. The hotel was kind enough to book our return airport transfers to suit the flight we were to catch back home..

Overall, a great experience and if I end up staying close to airport, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Recommend to have a room on a higher floor and facing the greens. Those rooms have a pool view as we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to your review.
We hope to have again our guest.

Barbara Finoli

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We enjoyed our short stay at your hotel. The bar was under remodel so the downstairs was not as nice as it could have been and the room was a bit too hot. All members of your staff that we interacted with were very friendly and helpful. Thank you.
Matt Causie

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Matt C
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am very glad to hear that you found yourself well during your stay.
I also take this opportunity to inform you that the renovation of the bar are finish. I invite you to come back again to be able to spend time in our lobby and our new bar, ready to satisfy your request !

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Prior to our arrival we were informed there will be complimentary pick up from the airport organized for us. After we landed we called the hotel and we were told bus will pick up in 10 minutes but bus did not arrived. We called again and we were asked to wait another 10 minutes but bus still did not arrive, so we called third time and receptionist asked us to wait another 10 minutes... We took taxi afterwards and when we finally got to the hotel receptionist attitude was over the board. As we have membership status we were supposed to get complimentary drink so we asked if we can get it and the receptionist Capato Luca declined it. It would not be a problem for us at all if not the fact when we started going to the lift he made a loud sarcastic comment about it. That was unprofessional and very out of hand. He did not even bothered to say sorry when he noticed we overheard his stupid comment. We instantly regretted choosing this hotel as that is not the way you would be expecting to be treated as a guest. I would never stay there again. The only asset of this hotel is it's distance from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Krzysztof G
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to your review.
I am deeply sorry of what happened, because the hotel staff follows a process of development and subsequent growth of the attitudes of the employees, in which the company believes a lot.
I am personally investigating the incident. If you would can contact me directly to provide me more details about it.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Having been to stay at your hotel on many ocassions I have to stay that the friendliness of all the staff is astounding and the best i have had in any hotel I have ever stayed.
I feel extremely comfortable when I am here. Like at home.
The food of the restaurant is delicious and breakfast very varied and of a very high standard.
Rooms and bathroooms are great and very clean.
Near the airport which is great too.
Without hesitation I will go back.

Room Tip: You will not be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
malpensa07, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Customer,
thank you very much for taking the time to your review.
I am very glad to know that your stay at our hotel was to your liking. Our staff works from day to day to keep the high standard of our service.
I hope to have again our guest to be able to meet in person.

Barbara Finoli

First Hotel Malpensa
First Hotel Malpensa
#1 of 9 in Somma Lombardo
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Della Corona
Best Western Hotel Cavalieri Del...
#4 of 6 in Cardano al Campo

Been to Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport? Share your experiences!