“Terrible booking system”

Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel
Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel
Ranked #13 of 21 Bela Bela B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My experience with Villa Palmeira was very disappointing. They need to improve on their booking system; mine was messed up this December due to their clueless booking agents. There were other guests at the same time with us who had paid the deposit but were told the person ran away with their money and could not be accomodated. We fortunately got 2 nights at theWaterberg (self-catering) which was not too bad but had to move back for 2 nights at the Guest House; Family room had no bathroom door yet it lead into the small bedroom. Breakfast was horrible with options of cheap sausages or chips with eggs served with some concentrated juice. My family and I left a day early and would never recommend this place. Worst experience ever

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ompsta

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed here for three nights from 13th till 16th September 2012 using a Groupon offer. We arrived on a Thursday evening. We were a bit worried that the parking, which although under a carport, was across the street from the lodgings but it turned out fine! (We are from Gauteng so we are paranoid about things like that!) The staff was nice and friendly. We were given Room 14, on the second floor, which was extremely spacious. It had a mini-fridge and tea/coffee making facilities. We had a door which opened out onto a wooden deck with a patio set. There is a set of stairs from the deck down to the pool and bar area. The room and bathroom were clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom had a shower which we specifically asked for. I would have liked a safe in the room to lock up our jewellery as we went to the hot springs where you wouldn’t want to wear it. The swimming pool was still being cleaned during the time we stayed there. A continental breakfast was included in the price which consisted of yoghurt (some of the yoghurts contained gelatine which I could not eat as I am a vegetarian and Hindu), muffins, toast, jams, cheese, tea/coffee and juice. I would have liked to have seen some “special” breads/pastries such as croissants but it was quite nice otherwise. We did not eat supper here. Villa Palmeira is very quite and peaceful. It is also just a few minutes (literally) drive from the hot springs. If you plan on going in and out many times a day you might get a bit annoyed because the house has one main entrance which someone has to open for you (for safety reasons I’m sure) but if you were like us and go out in the morning and come back in the evening then it will be fine. I would recommend it to couples looking for a quite getaway. Very nice place! Nirvana Jaganath

Room Tip: Room 14 was large with a door that opened out on the wooden deck, with a shower
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We arrived on the Friday evening, reception was friendly and helpful. Supper was terrible with dry rice, dry chicken & pumpkin. You do not get a chance to order something to drink, you get given a glass of cooldrink that has been made from water and some cordial mix! Supper on Saturday night was not much better. The bed in our room had uncomfortable springs pushing out of the matress as well as lumpy pillows. The wood on the patio had not been treated in so long and everytime we went outside, we were worried that we could end up on the bottom floor. The worst was the 4 little dogs in the room next to us! Everytime we moved, they would start barking!! I will definately not go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
VP_55, Owner at Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to invite you to write to us in order to sort any problems out. As advertised on the special deal you purchased, you were made aware of the fact that the meal was only one course. I am sorry you did not enjoy it, but you could have directly contacted us? I do invite you to do so. I have nothing to hide.

Please do so whoever you are?

Thanks

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I don't understand why anybody would be unhappy with the honeymoon suite. I stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was wonderful.
The hotel is 3star, so I did not expect much. But the honeymoon suite was 5star. And very quiet and peacefull.
The management and staff go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They event went out in the middle of the night to buy pain tablets for me when I had a migraine. The food is excellent - nice home cooked meals the way your mother makes it.
Gerhard and Douglas are the best! I can recomend this place.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is not above the reception and is very quiet. I also saw that room no 14, 12 and...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The staff at Villa Palmeira go out of their way to help and assist wherever they can. They even helped us with bookings at local attractions at discount prices. Villa Palmeira is a 3-star property, but the service and attention that you get makes for a 5-star experience. All the rooms have aircon - a wonderful luxury in the bushveld heat. The rooms are also very spacious!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mandy F
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I've stayed at Villa Palmeira Petit Hotel in Bela Bela a number of times and have always come away feeling refreshed and pampered. The owner/manager is one of the nicest people I've ever met, and always go out of his way to make my stay there a pure pleasure. In fact, he has gone beyond what is "expected" of an establishment such as this.
The hotel is in a very quiet area, yet very close to all amenities.
I can highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. For a private balcony, ask for a room on first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vida N
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in the honeymoon suite and it was beter than expected. We would rate this as 4 star and higher. It was really quiet and we enjoyed wonderful lazy days in the room. It is such a big room that we could even have our own space. the owner help us so much with bookings, ideas and the food was great. They really know their stuff.

• Stayed: October 2011