naked Stables
TripAdvisor
Moganshan Can Zhu Wu(Deqing County)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewspizzahot tubluxury resortbirthday cakebad airshort weekendbring your ownspatreestablesvillaarcheryactivitiesbbqchinaretreatescape
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hype and buzz that naked stables have been big, but the deliveries have been poor. Everything is starting to fall apart, the doors, the windows, the canopies, the furniture, the showers, the tv, the balcony. Though the views are nice, but i didn't pay for a broken room. They said i can change, but the other room also had a lot of broken items. The service is absolutely terrible, i can say that there are lots of staff, but none of them are trained and not helpful at all. All of them just stood around and refuse to help. great concept, but poorly executed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelerkit
MarcoMilitzer, General Manager at naked Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear TravelerKit,

Thank you for your comments. As you know, our guest's comments are our greatest tools for continued improvement. We are sorry to hear that your accommodation was not up to your expectation. We appreciate your feedback and are personally addressing your concerns in the Villa you stayed in. We are also proud to announce that starting in January of this year, we have a new General Manager at naked Stables. Coming with over 25 years of hospitality experience, he is bringing with him ultimate staff training to ensure all guests receive the attention and naked experience they deserve.

Best regards,
Marco Militzer

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My company booked me to this place. They are all high praises for this over hyped, over marketed resort. I have very high expectations considering the price of the room. I just couldn't believe that I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BIG TIME!

RESTAURANT SERVICE - The service is very slow. I just have no idea why it is very slow since there were only about 5 tables occupied. We have ordered some of their food for lunch and waited for more than 30 min to be told that they ran out of ingredients. Then we have to order another salad and waited for another 30 min. The fruit was extremely dry and it taste funny. We told the lady manager there and she said that this is how it really how it tasted. We are so disappointed that we just didn't bother to order anymore. We just had tea and moved to the restaurant in the resort. The dining service here is a joke. The so called Michellin Starred Restaurant is absolutely a JOKE! You will lose your appetite even before you get to enjoy anything. The attitude of the staffs here is like EAT WHAT WE SERVE YOU. So annoying!!! And the food at the Kikaboni Stiller restaurant is 150USD….what a joke….

BREAKFAST - is not that fantastic. They have buffet but the buffet often ran out of food. There were INSECT FLYING ABOVE WATERMELON PLATTER. That is so shocking for a so-called resort that charges so much.

ROOMS - Shower room got dark molds around the tiles. My pen fell on the floor and when I stoop down to pick it up under the bed you will never believe HOW DIRTY AND FILTHY IT IS! I am so upset with the room. The a/c vent is making so much noise as well I couldn't sleep. When I called the front office regarding the problem they said that they will move me to another room. I have waited and waited then I have to call them again only to have the excuse that THEY ARE FULLY BOOKED AND THEY DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE ROOMS. So why do they have to tell me that I can move to another room if they know in the first place that there's no room available. I really do not get this people.

OUTDOOR SITTING AREA in my room is very dusty and full of cobwebs and dried leaves. I told them if they can have it cleaned. The people at the reception told me that THEY DO NOT CLEAN THE OUTDOOR SITTING AREA BECAUSE IT'S VERY COLD AND NO ONE SIT THERE ANYWAY. I think this is a very lame excuse of being filthy.

INTERNET CONNECTION is a big joke. They have wireless internet connection but it is extremely slow and unstable. Can't believe that companies actually come here. This is so irritating. The connection is also slow and you will get cut off most of the time. I called the reception again regarding to complain about the slow connection. They said that they have many guests who's using the wireless right now. They said it will go faster at late night or better at early morning.

I cannot imagine how this hotel have the nerve to CHARGE SO HIGH AND CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS A RESORT I did not see any service in this place. This place is DIRTY, NO SERVICE, FOOD YOU CANNOT EVEN EAT..... THIS PLACE WILL RIP YOU OFF. THE MARKETING AND STORY IS GREAT, BUT NOTHING HERE IS AS YOU EXPECT. JUST PRETTY PICTURES.

I would say that if there is a rating lower than 1 i will give it to them. I totally do not recommend this place to anyone. If you have a good head and good sense.... you will not stay here. AND THE GROUP WEBSITE SAYS IT'S OPENING MORE RESORTS. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE OWNERS!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Robert D

Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. We are sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience. It is our sincere interest to address our guest's issues to provide the best stay for all. Regarding the meals, we have pre-fix and a la cart options at our Kikaboni by Stiller restaurant to ensure that guests can either be served a pre-arranged meal or select individual items as they please. We are aware of the noise of the AC in some rooms and are currently working to silence them. We are sorry that the outside sitting area was not clean enough for you as we want to always encourage our guests to enjoy the fresh air. We will make sure this is not the case in the future. We do our best with the internet but unfortunately can only provide as strong a connection as available in China. We agree that it is slower than in Hong Kong, where you are from! We have personally reached out to you to discuss your stay in more detail and look forward to a conversation where we can address your points and invite you back for a better stay. We are confident we can provide you with an opportunity to see what an incredible property naked Stables Private Reserve is.

Best Regards,
Marco Militzer

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This place is definitively the dream came true of a visionary lover of nature, he and his wife made a fantastic job for sure pioneer in China to allow Chinese citizens to enjoy the countryside as never before and for most of westerns to remember old good times in our countries.
Service is fantastic, top hill villas superb with everything you might need and there are many options to spend the time in the property. The buffet breakfast is at the level expected, we didn't try the restaurants as the villa has a full kitchen and BBQ. If your budget can afford a place like this then is really worth the visit. Congratulations to the management team.
Only two handicaps, for hiking lovers the tracks proposed within the property are nice along the forest but short and always ending with a fence in front of you, outside doesn't look you have many other options neither, take this into account if you expect something else. The second, not in hands of the Naked Retreat, is that pollution was at the same level than in Shanghai when we stayed due to the surrounding cities too. Unfortunately sometimes if you are looking for fresh air escaping from the megacities is not enough in China, really sad thing that hopefully recovers soon.

Room Tip: Top hill villa is amazing, each bedroom has an astonishing view of the valley from the bed and even from the bathtube. Jacuzzi in the balcony is also great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
nakedRetreats, Manager at naked Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Erocle_Shanghai,

Happy New Year! Thank you for the favorable comments. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our Tree Top Villa facilities, in villa BBQ and resort service. We think cooking in the Villas is such a wonderful way to spend time with your friends and family. Sorry to hear the hiking experience didn’t meet your expectation. The hills of Moganshan are full of hiking trails and we will work to improve our offered routes. We too hope the weather improves soon and hope to see you again at naked Stables on a sunny day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We would like to give a great big thank you to the amazing team at Naked Retreats for a fantastic weekend...after reading a couple negative reviews here on TripAdvisor we weren't sure that to expect, but I've seriously got to wonder what resort the naysayers went to, because we just had a spectacular weekend getaway. Check in was absolutely seamless, lots of attendants at the front desk who introduced us to the many amenities at the resort via a helpful ipad, confirmed all our reservations and activities and then whisked us off to our delightfully cozy too earth hut - which was nicely heated on arrival. The resort property is very large and you do need to call ahead for golf-carts to get you to/from...unless you don't mind a bit of a hike up/down hills. We opted for a pizza dinner on our first night and were very pleased with the size and flavor of the thin-crust pizza. The buffet breakfast at the clubhouse is ample - and fortifies you for a busy day of activities on the property. We opted for a bit of hiking and horseback riding and then indulged at Naked Leaf spa. Snow and Rita, our spa therapists and the spa team were unbelievably gracious and talented and helped melt all the stress and worries of the city away. We highly, HIGHLY recommend indulging in an afternoon at the spa and following it with the extraordinary degustation menu at Kikaboni...there is a reason why the restaurant earns its rave reviews...hands down, one of the best gourmet meals anywhere in China - and Samuel and Vivi made us feel like honored guests. Be warned - bring an appetite because it is a lot (and I mean A LOT) of food. The only thing we had an issue with was the size of the couch in the room - something a wee bit bigger to stretch out on to read a good book...but all in all it was a perfectly romantic getaway weekend. We will definitely be back again soon!

Room Tip: since it's off season I'm sure everywhere is particularly quiet, we slept like logs in Panda 7.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear irion1129,

Thank you very much for posting a top ranking review for naked Stables Private Reserve on Trip Advisor. We are impressed by your very descriptive sharing which allows other travelers to understand more about our resort. Your fabulous compliments about our food offerings, Spa treatment and service have been shared with the team and will serve a strong encouragement to all of us. We’re glad to hear that you think about your next trip to naked Stables, and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I went to naked with my family & some friends in Oct. The service of all 3 restaurants was good.

We had a nice experience in the Kikaboni restaurant. The food was great only the price was quite high.

The second day in the morning me & my friend visited the Spa to check out the treatments and made a booking for the afternoon. I told the spa staff to help me to prepare a special treatment room because that day was her birthday.

When we came back in the afternoon I was positively surprised. When we arrived, I guess it was the Manager of the Spa (sorry she did introduce her name but I forgot) called me to her office and she gave me a small present and told me that her spa team prepared this for my girl friend Bday. I like the most the idea that when I saw the birthday card made by hand with a nice drawing by the Spa team and I only put my name on it. So sweet!

After that me and girl friend had the best spa experience ever. With the good skills of the therapists & the care of customer service. Well done!

I strongly recommend if you ever come to this resort you must try out the Spa!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Rrnnaatt,

Thank you so much for your lovely and detailed feedback. We agree that Kikaboni by Stiller is truly a fine dining restaurant in nature and we continuously strive to offer extraordinary dining experiences to our guests. We also appreciate you recognizing our Spa’s service as our focus is to turn guest experiences into great memories. We wish you and your friends a great year ahead and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,