“Short visit to Hotel Jiwan Plaza”
Review of Hotel Jiwan Plaza

Hotel Jiwan Plaza
Ranked #5 of 16 Patiala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

i visited this hotel for a short visit to Patiala .At first i thought it would have been an average hotel .But it was neet and clean . staff was very cooperative and soft spoken . food was tooooooooo good . ienjoyed my short trip

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OnkarSharma
Avicupid, General Manager at Hotel Jiwan Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Reviewed 11 April 2014

As far as my stay is concerned- I have enjoyed a peaceful stay at this
hotel. The whole hotel, specially the room was clean & hygienic, of
which I was finicky being diabetic. I find the staff members are not
only cordial & hospitable, they are very co-operative & helpful. Also
I find some shopping outlets near the hotel & I had bought some
typical Punjabi sweets to carry with me from Jaggis sweets. Only
slight inconvenience I found the height of steps in your staircase is
little high to climb for Sr. citizen like me (though I am 6ft tall). I
strongly suggest management to provide a suitable elevator, whenever possible
in future. A pick & drop from Rly station by Autorickshaw, on payable
basis (does not matter if it is little extra), manged by your hotel,
can be an added advantage for east & south Indian visitors, who are
not very conversant with Hindi and want to avoid hassles.

Though that time I did not get much time to see around Patiala - a
historical place , I wish to come once again as tourist with my wife
and enjoy your hospitality. As a whole your hotel is recommendable to
others- who can get value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank A D

Thanks for your nice reviews and recommendation

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed there twice once last year and once this year. Rooms are very clean and very nice. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Each room has satelite TV with LCD. Food is amazing, there new restaurant have amazing food. Centrally located and the owner himself is very helpful in guiding you. He himself helped us in some shopping we needed to do. Definitely a place I would recommend to my friends for stay in patiala.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thanks for your nice reviews and recommendation

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed one night. Very pleasant staff, polite and willing to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are clean and the sheets were clean the bathrooms were clean, the most important requirements of any hotel. It would be even better if they had shower curtains and a maybe a little ledge in the shower area to stop getting the rest of the bathroom wet.

If ever I am in Patiala, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for your nice reviews and recommendation and will definitely will bring shower curtains.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed there for several nights in May/June. It is a new property hence seems clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and went out of the way to help me. Conveniently located opposite Jaggi's so I would have/order most of my meals from there.
The only problem was there seemed to be lizards in the room, but I got a room change when requested or pest control was done so overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This was the absolute worse hotel we stayed at in India. Do yourself a favour and do not stay here. We were put up on the top most floor in their so-called "Deluxe room" that I paid Rs. 2,500 for. The room looked okay at first but the sheets looked and smelled like they hadn't been washed in months; just one towel in the bathroom that was starched to feel like a stone. We shared our room with atleast two lizards. Did I say that was unclean? Yup covered that already! Even after complaining about it, they did not have the decency to give us a discount - charged us the full 2,500. It is however, centrally located.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trevellingbee
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here only for one night during a conference in Patiala. It took me some time to locate the hotel using my gps navigator, but I found it is actually located on a main street. The receptionist was a decent person and offered me a good deal for my stay. I got a double-bed room with ac for myself. The room and bathroom were pretty clean and well-furnished. One can easily notice the good taste in the selection of furniture and room decoration.

I could not ask for more in an exhausted state after a long drive. I heard they have a good restaurant (from the room service guy), but had my dinner outside. So, can't comment on their restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business