Hotel Punta Maracayo
US$199
US$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshour poolopen hoursbeautiful hotelrooms are cleanpool barminute walkpuerto ricomunicipalitywalmartfacilitiesprweddingpools
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We had stayed at Punta Maracayo before, and little by little our experience got worse. The last time we were there, I had to call the front desk every time I was going to take a bath to have the hot water turned on. This time around the experience was by far the worst:
1) Don't understand the need of sending a staff member to do an inventory of the fridge with the guest. This should be done ahead of time; just inform guests of what is there, the prices, and charge as needed.
2) Upon arriving at our room, I noticed that we did not have any hand or small towels. I called the front desk and was told that they did not have any because "they were doing inventory". Really? You wait until you run out of all your supplies to order new one? Meanwhile, bath towels were being used as rugs. What kind of a system is this?
3) On Friday night, upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by a party at the location. The music was loud, and it kept on until late at night. I think it was not until 3:00 a.m. when the music stopped. We clearly heard all the music in our room, and it was not pleasant. We wanted to rest, but were not able to do it until after the music stopped. And to top it off, next morning the hotel's staff was up bright and early doing yard work, which did not allow us to sleep in. Saturday night was a repeat of Friday, with more loud music up until the wee hours of the morning.
4) The staff needs to get trained on customer satisfaction. There was a gentleman during the weekend that spent most of his time on the phone. When I approached him to ask for the keys to the fitness room, he was visibly annoyed to have to put his call on hold. Very insistently did he tell me that I needed to bring the key back; what was he expecting, for me to run away with the fitness room equipment?
5) Although they say they have internet services, it was not available in the room. I called several times and was told that the connection was not working, that it was being checked on, etc., until I was finally told that if I needed to use the internet I had to go to the common areas in order to do so. If you are traveling on business and need internet access, you will be out of luck.

The hotel looks nice from the outside, but a lot of work needs to be done, beginning with staff training, maintenance of rooms, including proper supplies, and making sure that other activities do not impair guest's ability to rest.

Room Tip: When there is a party, there is not such a thing as a "good room". The music can be heard loud and clear throughout the hotel. Not worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rosa M
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The hotel is very beautiful. This was my second visit and probably my last. The problem arises with the rude reservationist. The night desk clerk who took my reservation was extremely rude. He made me feel as if he was doing me a favor by booking me a room. He was not cordial at all. His big concern was the mini bar payment. I wanted to spend time on a vacation not being told the rules of the mini bar when I am making a reservation! I felt like he was scolding me and I did not even arrive yet. He should be fired or given a course in hospitality.
The other problem is the outside pool area. There were cans of soda left for days on the tables. No one cleaned the pool area. I was worried about the water in the pool being clean. The little outside restaurant had flies all over the food while it was being prepared. Beautiful place to look at but filthy and rude staff ruin it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank lolaMontgomery_ny
Reviewed 17 September 2012

it did have a salon, a sushi restaurant, a high priced restaurant. Americans will expect more from a "resort". but for the price we didn't expect any thing extravagant. VERY helpful service. They dont offer double rooms so the boys had to share a twin fold-a-way bed. but that was fine too. they did love the waterslide at the camp ground next door, they will give you bracelets at the desk for it. I think my son 5 years old went down it 12 times before we had to pull him away. they are strict about the check out time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank faithwaite
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This resort has a lot of potential. It is beautiful on the outside. The restaurant is awesome. The pool is large and clean. The lights at night are very attractive. My sons had lots of fun in the pool. The management was very nice and helpful. My only suggestion would be to add more seating at the pool area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lolaMontgomery_ny
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My Brother and I stay here often and the staff is really nice, the jacuzzi ever works, to take a bath you need to wait 20 minutes for the water to get hot, on weekends the second floor gets crowded becouse there is a bar and people that is not staying at the resort are all over the place, the ice machine never works and two of the times we had stayed the air conditioner didnt work properly. For the price is good I guess but they never have late check-out and the pool is always freezing cold. They don't have rooms with two separate beds, all the rooms have only one bed and the wifi is very limited, you need to go to the lobby or to the second floor to be able to use the Internet. Besides that the rooms are clean only once we found a dirty towel in the bathroom and cat poop at the front door. But the staff is awesome and very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east wing are much better becouse the elevetor is on that side! Have a great stay!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family