“Simple”

Parador El Buen Cafe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hatillo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

After reading different reviews I didnt know what to expect, but overall my experience was nice. The service was very pleasant, the rooms dont have much upgrades, but they are completelly clean. The surroundings were very nice, and you can't even hear the main street, which for me was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Misha0311

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Prior to staying at this hotel I read the TripAdvisor.com reviews of this hotel. Having done that, I knew exactly what to expect and therefore I was not upset. To set the standard, you should be aware that the hotel is old. It has had some upgrades but does not have hotel grade fixtures. The rooms still use normal keys instead of key cards. Also, as it seems to make a difference, our room was on the floor above the lobby.

The hotel room was generally clean. The toilet had a paper seal on it indicating it had been cleaned, the refrigerator was open and unplugged, and I did not see any dirt. Having said that, however, the comforter on one of the beds had a sandy feel to it. This prompted me to inspect the sheets which all looked and smelled clean.

The service was not great. When I checked in I asked the clerk for extra towels because we were going to take a shower immediately and again in the morning. She said they did not have any extra towels. Also at check in I asked about WiFi. She said the hotel was equipped with WiFi but it was broken and she did not anticipate it being fixed before we checked out at the end of the weekend. She also told me the telephones in the room did not work. The lack of WiFi was a big issue for me but the telephone was not since I have a cell phone.

Someone posted on here that they had roaches in their hotel room. I did not see any roaches but I did see a small ant-like bug. I did not worry too much because it was the only bug I saw and I figured it could have easily fallen off of one of us when we came in since we had been outside exploring all day.

This is a no frills hotel. There was not an iron or ironing board in the room and all of the fixtures are of personal household grade rather than hotel grade. There is a pool but it is small.

The air conditioner seemed to work well and they do have a small pool. The hotel was quiet with minimal outside noise in the hotel room.

With all of the negatives in this post you would think I would not stay here again. Knowing what to expect though, I would stay here again if a better value was not available. There are not too many hotels around though so choices are quite limited.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank harrington101
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My stay at Parador El Buen Cafe was very good the first thing i valued was the importance they gave me i was attended by Angelica the frontdesk she treated me with respect and was very funny , when i passed to the room it was nice and clean it smell fresh i evaluated the beds because i had read there not comfortable but my bed was very cozy i asked the frontdesk about the comments on there beds and she said they have been replaced she also said they are making many changes . the housekeeping named carmen was very nice also ely they are the responsable for my room being clean . I recomend these parador they have the best customer service !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a pool side view excellent
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth N
Reviewed 18 June 2014

my visit was extraordinary the staff is amazing and super helpful the rooms are extremely clean they are very close to the camuy caves and the observatory my stay was great i saw them doing some updates they where changing beds and matress and painting hope that the next time i will have a better time but the staff is excellent and there housekeeping is extraordinary

Room Tip: The last rooms are very peaceful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy G
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I made reservations while on the move and was pleased with the friendly staff, quality and cleanliness of the accommodations. I enjoyed my stay & uses El Parador as my base of operations for excursions around Puerto Rico. Would definitely go there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Price was excellent. Room was clean and staff was friendly. The Cafe may not look like much but it has an awesome breakfast and good dinner. Staff at the Cafe were super friendly. If you need a friendly place and fair price this is it. At least that was my experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MikeArocko
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great close to the mall close tool a little café that you could get your newspaper you're coughing breakfast was great the room service was great to people cleaned are really nice but little flowers on them and the pole pretty big for what it looks I enjoyed my time there my 20 days with my mom my dad and my cousins I recommend this hotel and when I go back I'm going to stay at that hotel again because they have good service they treat you nice and they do everything to make your stay excellent

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Israel R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hatillo
Hyatt Place Manati
Parador El Faro
Parador El Faro
#2 of 3 in Aguadilla
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino

Been to Parador El Buen Cafe Hotel? Share your experiences!