“The best in the area!!!!”

Restaurante El Mamposteao
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Hatillo
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I disagree with the last three comments, the food is by far the best in the area, the overcooked top of the rice is the best part, crispy and inside is delicious. I personally would come back and recommend it to anyone. Also very cheap for astonishing food.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting this place during the last ten years. I had dinner tonight and I can tell the difference. Just average food. Nothing to die for. All the seafood we ordered was imported; nothing was local.
And too expensive.
Service was poor. We had to be behind the waiter to get water.
And even with that poor service they added a 15% tip which was not deserved by the waiter.
Don't think I'll go back unless I'm invited by somebody else.

1  Thank golflover26
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Went there on Friday night and I really wasted my time. The waiters had a face like they were in a funeral. When the rice came, it was overcooked on top. Told the waiter, he took it back and came back with the same rice, he only removed the black portion. But inside was really bad. There are numerous restaurant in the area with better food. Also they don't pay attention. I had to call for water three times because they really don't care.

2  Thank triton10pr
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Manposteao was common, filete Manposteao nothing out of the ordinary, no water served. Just normal, nothing exciting

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Was in town for business, stayed at crummy hotel nearby; but found an absolutely outstanding restaurant here. Most memorable experience. Obviously exceptionally culinary trained Chefs that serve very fine tuned recipes and dishes. It may be worth the price of a plane ticket to return.

Be careful walking in the area, construction going on; crazy speedy driver pulling into a gas station about clobbered me; I'm just walking back to hotel; bumpers inches away from the kneecaps will get your attention.

Nice to hear the Coqui frogs though;
Service was awesome and anyone that complains here might check how the act in a restaurant.

The people I met there I will remember always and hope to return again for a Churrasco Steak that was the best in the world. Folded like four times and so much better than a high priced similar meal in San Juan.

It made me appreciate culinary skill; I am fortunate to know several Chefs and occasionally get invited to their backyard barbecues and worked through computer school as a a waiter.

One of the photos I took is not so good; but after seeing a couple of whiny reviews I wanted to be sure to let it be known how great this place is; and that the people there do great work.