El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
US$329
US$229
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 01/06
Free cancellation until 26/05
US$265
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$401
US$344
Agoda.com
US$392
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
US$415
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
HotelsClick
5,612 results
All reviewsbeach butleroutdoor showercasitas sectionhealth barpersonal conciergesanta fe grillour honeymoonbellini barbeach bum vacationscandlelight dinner on the beachwine pairingroom servicegourmet inclusiveartificial reefcasita suitepool bartenderbeach beds
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were greeted with friendly service and made to feel very special our entire stay. The Casita suites are amazing. I'm a bit of a germaphobe and this place was clean, clean, clean. I was very impressed from the second we arrived at the resort. Our room was amazing including the spectacular private outdoor shower! We thoroughly enjoyed the couples massage on the beach.......so relaxing with the sound of the ocean in the background. Our private dinner on the beach was beautiful including the chocolate written "happy anniversary" on our dessert plate. We thought it couldn't get any better until we walked back to our room where there were rose pedals on the bed.......nice touch El Dorado. The food was amazing. Not only could we enjoy fine dining but relax with pizza or a burger....whatever our tummy's wanted at that moment. After a fun ride on the jet ski, a gourmet meal and a nap on the beach....who could ask for anything more? My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and will surely be planning a return trip next year. Thank you El Dorado Casitas for a memorable vacation/anniversary! See you next year!

Room Tip: Individual Casita Suites are close to the action but very private as well.
2  Thank Phaedra N
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Phaedra N,
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are privileged to have been able to host you and your partner for your Anniversary stay with us!
It was a great honor to be chosen as the host of such a important occasion, we hope that you will return time and time again to relive the wonderful memories we created together.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again, maybe for another anniversary. We will have the champagne chilled, awaiting your next arrival!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our trip got off to a rocky start - our room wasn't ready, we found the check in process to be frustrating with a lot of attempts at upselling, we were shuttled to the wrong place several times and when our room was finally ready, the keys didn't work and we had to wait another 45 minutes for security to help. (We also had a frustrating experience with Olympus Tours, which was unrelated to the resort, but it still added to our moods). After a long travel day, we were ready to just relax, so it was a frustrating start to the trip. (Our travel agent contacted the sales manager, who offered to send us a bottle of wine at dinner or comp something, with which they did not actually follow through).

Once everything was resolved, our trip improved quickly. Everyone who works here is extremely friendly, happy and courteous. We had an infinity swim up casita suite (3112) and the private infinity pool was definitely worth the extra money. Each block of casitas has their own pool bar and our bartender (Isac) came and checked on us every hour to bring us drinks. The casita side of the resort was much quieter than the main part of the resort. There was no worry about having to reserve chairs by the pool or beach cabana though the main pool was much more crowded and active.

Food - We've been to several all-inclusives in the past and have never been impressed by the food. Even after reading many reviews for El Dorado Royale, we were still skeptical. Our expectations were exceeded. Every dinner we had was very good. We noticed some comments regarding portion sizes being small. We did not see this as an issue at all. Dinners are set up as 3-4 course meals, which was more than enough food for both of us. We had the best dinners at Kampai, Rincon Mexicano and Santa Fe. The only meal we felt really didn't stack up was at La Isla - just ok.

Food Allergies - This resort is extremely conscious of food allergies. Whenever you go to any restaurant the second question after asking for your room number is "do you have any food allergies?" I have a gluten allergy and they were extremely accommodating. Each waiter knew exactly which dishes were gluten free or could easily be adjusted. Every restaurant also had gluten free rolls/bread which I found quite delicious and didn't feel left out while my husband noshed on bread during meals. They also had gluten free flatbread for pizzas at the pool-side pizza/burger spot, but it was thick and it wasn't that good. I felt there was plenty I could eat, left every meal very satisfied and didn't get sick!

Spa - We also have never had great expectations of resort spas as we've had some poor treatments in the past at other resorts. However, the massages we got here (I had a prenatal with Mary and my husband a combination with Yasmin) were wonderful! The spa was beautiful, the facilities were great - sauna, spa pools, steam room, etc and the staff was very friendly. (Tip - the gym at casitas is not as nice as the main gym, if you're looking for more equipment).

Resort size/accessibility - This resort is very large and spread out. However, we are active 30-somethings who are used to city-living and we never used the shuttles. It didn't take us more then 10-15 minutes to walk from one end to the other; and we enjoyed the excuse for a stroll. We were lucky with good weather but I could see how it would be difficult if it were raining or very very hot.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The good things definitely outweighed the bad and we would go back and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a casita! Spring for an infinity swim up casita if you can. Second floor suites give you more privacy but less accessibility.
3  Thank Kate G
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Kate G,
Thank you for your recent review of your experiences at th Hidden Beach Resort, I am very sorry that you had to go through a rough start. I want to assure you that we in management have addressed these concerns. , I'm very proud of each and every employee and they are definitely a big part of the vacation experience and did everything to give a turn to your entire stay throught the days.
I'm happy to know that you receive a superior level of service in each and every place you went and enjoyed reading that this had such an impact on your vacation. One of the things that we do is to find out and act on any information from our guests that will have a positive impact their visit, and dietary requirements are an important part of this. We do work to handle this information in a discreet manner so that we can offer a range of dishes that will suit all needs.

we hope that you will choose to give El Dorado Casitas resort the opportunity to host your holiday again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me prior to travel and I will personally attend to your requests.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

For our honeymoon we were looking for something romantic, tropical, grow ups, & activity based. After a nice check in with champagne and wet hand towel we were escorted to our casita. When the bellman left the room my new wife and I looked at each other with jaw dropped expressions. We had the infinity pool swim up casita suite. I have never been in such a place. Huge bed, large in door & out door showers, jacuzzi bath tub, circle day bed inside, day bed on patio, 20 foot long infinity pool and lounge chairs. Not to mention the hut style design adding that extra tropical feel. The food and service at the restaurants cannot be surpassed. I was so impressed with how they treated my wife pulling the chair back for her and placing the napkin on her lap every time. The night entertainment was great too with many fun and diverse acts. Other than the incredible beauty and the taste of the food what I take away would be the service. Almost everyone had a smile and treated you with incredible respect. Carlos at Sante Fe morning breakfast, Isac our bartender for 31's was kind and a hard worker, personal concierge Luis and Marlen were so helpful, Oswelda at JoJo's helped us immensely. Everything truly was above and beyond expectations.
Perfect for couples. The only bad part is that we had to leave.

Room Tip: I believe all of the Casitas are excellent but as you move further up in the numbers (casitas are 25-31) the more secluded you are which is what we desired. 31's had lounge chairs in their own infinity pool along with a lazy river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gibchar

Dear Gibchar,.

We heartily appreciate your taking the time to write such a sweet review on our resort El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma.
We will make sure our team see your kind comments. Carlos, luis, Marlen, Osweldo and Isaac will feel so glad

We hope we can welcome you once again and provide you a more pleasant vacation.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came to this resort after having 7 days down the road at Sun Palace in Cancun and having our wedding there. We were expecting to be blown away by the property as we paid nearly double to have a swim up casita, but were very very disappointed. First of all we arrived to the hotel and were brought by golf cart to the casitas check in. Once there it took about 30 minutes for us to be helped then about an hour to get checked in. We were told that we booked an upper level without a pool so he tried to tell us that we would have to pay more for the lower level unit. He started talking to us about price and when we told him we had booked the lower level he said he had made a mistake. Understandable, but then he told us he could upgrade to presidential suite again we negotiated price and booked what we thought was the presidential suite only to find out it seemed like the room we originally thought we booked. It was the presidential Jr. Suite which is way different.

We got to our room and it was nice, but not really as nice as we were expecting. No Ocean View, small room, small service menu. The highlight of the room however was our pool which is advertised as private since it's attached to casita but it's not that private.

From there the service continued to be a disappointment. We met with our concierge didn't seem to be much help, she didn't have a spa menu or pricing and basically just went over a few details with us. I went to the spa the second day and was greeted and told there was a promotion for the Mexican ritual but when I tried to book 20 minutes later after talking to my husband no one knew what I was talking about, my concierge made me drive around for 20 minutes trying to find the person at the spa who told me about it and I missed breakfast with my husband. It was very frustrating and we felt like people were not on the same page and communication was lacking.

Our room service was wrong 4 out of 5 times we ordered. The food was good, but it's not a 5 star dining experience and offered no options for a more casual diner only dress up options which we were not properly prepared for. Our room also was not cleaned the first two days we were there. Both times maid service came we were showering at 10am and 7PM and asked them to come back in an hour. They also wanted to schedule your entire vacation.

Overall we felt the resort and casitas had a lot of offer and has some incredible features, but the experience was so poor from service, to constantly being upsold, to communication to lack of upgrades lights not working properly, air conditioning smelling like mold that it was not worth the large amount of money.

The good things: the pool was really cool that was attached to our casita. The 3230 bartender julio was very kind, knew our names, and took good care of us. The food was decent but room service lacked choices and was constantly wrong. The couples massage on the Ocean was incredible, it was relaxing and amazing to hear the waves crashing below as you received your massage. The hydro therapy ritual was also very neat.

We would say save yourself the trip and go to Sun Palace which is truly all inclusive, has a stunning beach where you can swim, all rooms have amazing views and the service and food is exceptional.

Room Tip: Save your money and go somewhere else.
15  Thank Jasmine F
Reviewed 9 June 2014

There were two other couples with us, we were there for our 10 anniversary. I can not tell you how nice the staff is, the grounds are beautifully manicured, and the food - "Oh the FOOD!!!" I have been to a lot of 4-5 star rated hotels, this exceeded my expectation (I am picky). This was my first time at an all inclusive and I am now worried that any other all inclusive will just be a disappointment. What made this trip great though was the staff, we stayed in Casitas 3012. This was a beautiful swim up suit, but we were lucky enough to get Israel as our Bartender who truly became a friend. He had magic tricks and brain teasers, remembered our names the first day. If I had to name one person that made the trip great it was Israel. Alejandro was our Beach Butler who was also fantastic, he would bring us popsicles and ice cream. He would even go the extra step as to get Sushi from a restaurant right down the way and bring it around for people to try. Gilberto was our waiter in the morning at Sante Fe and for lunch as Kampai. We would go to breakfast and lunch at these two places just to have fun joking around with him. I can tell you about the surroundings and the room all day, but our experiences with the staff made the trip one that I will never forget. It is true... "People will forget what you say, but remember how you made them feel" For this week I felt like I was truly appreciated for picking this hotel. The only negative experience we had was our outdoor shower drain which Tristan our Concierge (who was also incredible) had it fixed the same day I mentioned it.

Room Tip: If you come to this resort get the swim up, take my advice, it is worth the extra money. And be sure to stay in the Casitas side. It is way better than the swim ups on the Royale Resort side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LinseyHarmon
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear LinseyHarmon,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. Let me express my gratitude for taking the time to write about your stay at El Dorado Casitas Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma.
It shows it´s your heart speaking. Thank you so much for all the kind words addressed to our facilities, services and, most of all, our staff. We are well aware that they are a big part to mak all fo this possible.
Your comments are a very good motivation for us to keep working to achieve our guests’ full satisfaction.
We hope we can welcome you once again and provide you a more pleasant vacation.