“The Best Honeymoon ever!”

El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #25 of 392 Hotels in Riviera Maya
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It was all about the staff here. You wanted nor waited for anything.

First our conceierge Luis Loyo set the tone for the trip with his happy demeanor and setting up our wonderful week of honeymoon treats from the resort, candelight dinner on the beach, rose petals and love swans out of towels when we returned from dinner and breakfast in bed the next morning. Dinner reservations were made for us as well as transfers and upgrades. He really looked out for us.

We had a full morning at the spa enjoying their water journey then a couples massage on the beach - amazing with Catalina and Yasmin of the Casitas Naay Spa

The very best part was our beach butler Cesar and our pool bartender Cesar at the Casitas at section 27. they made our trip the best everyday with resort information, drinks of the day and service beyond belief.

My husband immediately wanted to come back and we certainly will. We had great weather for August 13-20.

Room Tip: The Casitas are the way to go at this resort. Gourmet food everywhere, suggest buffet breakfast at C...
3  Thank Sheryl M
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to be part of such an important occasion as your honeymoon was.

The little details and great service are our way to participate and contribute to create wonderful memories of your vacations.

Thank you very much for having chosen us and also for share this beautiful comment.

We will wait for your return for the First Anniversary!

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for our honeymoon at the beginning of August. The resort is amazing! The rooms are huge. The grounds are very well kept. Every single member of staff is very friendly, everyone from the gardener to the waiter greets you with a hola. Daisy the beach/pool butler for our casitas was amazing, we never had to lift a finger lazing about on the beach. I read reviews on here that the staff expect a tip for their service but not once was one expected. We tipped those who went out of their way to provide excellent customer service, which was pretty much everyone.

The food is lovely. We tried all the restaurants and our favourites were the Italian and kampai. You must also try the bellinis and martinis at the two speciality bars. The evening entertainment is one of the best I've seen at a hotel.

Overall I would definitely recommend this resort. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lianna C

Dear guest,

Hola! I would like to thank you for your support and for recommending us.

I am glad to know that your experience with us was more tan enjoyable and you received an excellent service from our staff.

They are the most motivated and convinced of how high quality service makes the difference.

I appreciate you took the time to share your experience.

Looking forward to serve you on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

From start to finish our experience at El Dorado Casitas was really wonderful. We worked with Beach Bum Steve of Beach Bum Vacation and he handled everything for us, transfers, special requests…I will definitely use him for our next vacation. The resort was lovely and service was top notch. We had champagne on arrival in our room, lovely chocolates and flowers, turn down service every night, a signature fragrance of our choosing, and much more. Our personal concierge made our stay lovely by making our dinner reservations when we arrived so that we didn't have to think for the rest of our trip, to me that is a vacation! We had a couples massage by the beach which was one of the best I've ever had, and I have been to spas all over the world. Overall it was a perfect relaxing vacation which is just as I wanted, we did excursions to swim with the dolphins and zipline. We also went parasailing at the resort.

Overall it was a wonderful experience, the only thing that I will tell everyone to avoid is the sales presentation. It is presented as a 1.5 hour tour, it is a hard core sales presentation that takes up 3 hours, they do give you $100 in resort credit. But for me it was not worth the $ to give up any of my vacation time. It of course was my fault for agreeing to such a thing, so I can't really say is the resorts fault. I just wouldn't do that again.

Room Tip: Definitely go for Casitas section 28-29 with a swim up suite.
17  Thank jennifersA9528HD

Dear Jennifer S,

First of all, We thank you for having chosen us as your destination to enjoy a beautiful vacation.

I am glad that your experience was great I am very proud of all our staff. every single person is committed to the high quality service.

As you experienced, el Dorado Casitas is a magic place, and I appreciate that you share your time and your vacations with us and gave us the confidence to take care of you.

I apologize if we did not met your expectations, but we will look forward to have you back and get the five point qualification on your next review.

Thank you again for all your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We visited here in August for our honeymoon and it is exactly what we were looking for! We stayed in the Casitas section 30, loved our beautiful room (and outdoor shower), took advantage of room service for coffee every morning which was amazing waking up to coffee! Carey, at BeachBum Vacations set us up perfectly with a swim up suite and honeymoon package! We loved our ocean side massages and candle light dinner was so yummy!! Everyone at the resort was so nice and always responded with "it's my pleasure" which was such a nice touch! Our favorite part of the beach were the queen size beach beds....absolutely amazing - the perfect place to take a nap. I would highly recommend this resort for a romantic getaway....the only thing that we did, that we wish we didn't, was leave the resort to go to Xel Ha.....our concierge talked us into it and it was way too busy with wayyyy too many kids for honeymooners. They also make you stay from 9-5...we ended up taking a cab around 3pm, which wasn't cheap, but we couldn't stay there any longer. I wish we would have gone parasailing or something else for sure! But as far as the resort, it was amazing and I would love to go back again!

17  Thank ColoradoRNMJ
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Had one of the best holidays and was made extra special by my friend Cesar at bar 27 thanks amigo his interest is genuine and he has no ulterior motive all he wants you to do is enjoy you holiday despite his standard of life being so different, Will definitely be going back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our 3rd trip to El Dorado Royal Casitas. We have always stayed in section 31 and could not have been happier. Alvaro the bar tender was fantastic. There were lots of newly weds in the pool and we had a great time trying to drink the cocktail menu. We had always stayed in November in the past, so I was a little worried it might be too hot in August. I learned the last of August is the time to go. The resort is at about 65% and there is never a problem getting a table for dinner. This trip we joined the club and are looking forward to many more trips.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get into the Casita sections. We paid the extra extra to be sure we were downstair...
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A short notice vacation with my wife was met by this! What a lovely experience. My regrets are that I didn't take more photos and I wasn't able to enjoy more of this experience in time we stayed.. If there was a negative, it would be that the beach was a little rocky and you would want to wear water shoes. But if you really wanted a Karisma hotel with a beach you can visit the Marona property. The evening shows are great, the food is great, the smiling staff are great. Evening strolls after dinner thru a bar of two towards the entertainment area is just right. As a side plus, the cabs to and from Playa Del Carmen are easily booked and the ride is only 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Definitely chose the Casita rooms; you will love the outdoor shower in (outside of) each room ;)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Casitas Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear guest,

I am so glad that you had an excellent experience with us.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity you gave us, to be part of your vacations and also for this beautiful comment about your days on the Caribbean Paradise.

We will be happy to welcome you again in this your second home.

Joslin fuentes