…hard to leave, this place we now call our second home. After three years absence, it was amazing to see the changes, meet new members of the staff and visit with staff we’ve known for years.
First and foremost, there is a substantial change in the attitude of all the employees. They are more excited to be working there than we’ve ever seen. More consistent days off, break times and empowerment by management to be more actively involved with input on how to make things better for guests and themselves. How this has happened, PASSION! And it starts from the top, from the owners, to most importantly two individuals at the resort, Paula Negrete – the General Manager and Enrique Vega – the Resident Manager. They set the tone for what guests experience and for that we are grateful!
Aside from what others have posted, there are areas that I feel need to be mentioned.
1) THE GROUNDS: First impressions are STUNNING! We took the time to understand why and how they make it so. The gardeners and maintenance crews spend hours paying detailed attention to their work that it is true artistry. One of the head gardeners, Bruno a 56 year-old man, is out on the beach each morning at 6:00AM, raking the seaweed, rain or shine! Then planting, pruning and sweeping until 5:00PM. The maintenance crew was constantly repairing cracks in walkways with beautiful designs with hand placed stones.
2) THE FOOD: Definitely has been pushed up to a higher level. I can only attribute this to the executive chef, Griselda Rodriguez. This young woman’s life is solely focused on her career, taking gastronomy to the highest level possible. Her staff was always cheerful and happy in their work and the meals reflected their passion as well.
3) SUSTAINABILITY: In addition to a recycling program, they now have a supply of fresh vegetables and herbs grown in greenhouses on the grounds at El Dorado Royal. This ensures better quality food on your plate and the taste difference, try it, you’ll like it. Also, I would like to encourage other guests to inquire about the painted baby coconut palms on the picnic tables by the outdoor grill, we were glad we did!
More often than not, guests at resorts take for granted all that goes on behind the scenes. This trip we truly understand how and why this is an extra special spot. Getting to know more of the staff surely enhanced this visit beyond our expectations. So stop, take just a moment out of your vacation time to say a simple “thank you” to any staff member.
My heartfelt “GRACIAS POR TODO” to…
Anicieto, Carlos, Hiram, Esperanza, Grizelda, Galdino, Angel, Porfirio, Marcelino, Itzchel, Pedro, Jesus, Alex, Sariah, Rosy, Raul, Manuel, Oscar, Reina, Daniel, Brenda, David, Nancy and the list goes on…”Inklakesh”
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel