Just stayed at HBR a few weeks ago. Was last there 3 years ago and had great time. But this time wasn't too good. The days are good as the entertainment staff has fun silly activities around the pool. But wow...the evenings are what I would envision a nudist nursing home to be like. Like some of the other reviews said the last couple of months...the DJs are BAD, We didn't bring stuff to wear for theme nights (and very few people did) as they didn't tell us what the theme nights were until we got here, they start the music too late for the typical crowd at HBR...it seems like they just want everyone to go to sleep early...by 10pm it is pretty much DEAD.
It didn't use to be this way at HBR. They use to tell people what the theme nights were when they did reservations as well as put them on the website. The entertainment staff use to go around during the day and stir up interest for the evenings. Thus there were always people dancing and chatting for an hour or so each night. One recent review mentioned he didn't go to HBR for Hedo...we agree, we don't want it to be like that...but we didn't want to experience a night at the nursing home each night either. All this place needs to do is pick out say 4 nights a week to do theme nights with good age appropriate dance music and for the other 3 nights do easy listening type music so people would have an evening place to set and chat without louder music.
And keep the theme nights simple, my suggestions would be...Red Night, Black & White Night, Mardi Gras/Glow Night and Halloween Night. A weekly Halloween Night with a band would be especially popular.
We heard a lot of complaining about the nights being so dead during our visit...thank god we didn't join Exotic. We have friends who did and they plan to go back each year since they are somewhat stuck, but we thank them for warning us about not joining as we may have.
ps...staff is great, exercise facility is pretty good, food is good/not great, overall the facility is really nice and kept clean.
Come on HBR...do something about your nights...don't be so lazy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Expedia so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel