This was our first time at Hidden Beach Resort (HBR), and we concur with other reviewers who will tell you that HBR is a first-class operation. The grounds are well-kept, the rooms look first class, are comfy, everything works right throughout the entire resort, and everything is spotlessly clean. What was most impressive, however, was the quality of food and service. The staff is absolutely outstanding. When people say that, they really aren't lying. The staff is always friendly and extremely helpful, and every meal really was a gourmet delight. It will take you a long time just to read the menus. We found nothing at all to fault about the food or service. And the guests are the other ingredient that makes the experience great. They are all a bunch of happy people who greet you with a smile and in 15 minutes you are on a first-name basis with them. No sex perverts, just down-to-earth types who are there to relax and have fun. It becomes like a vacation with about 80 of your closest friends, and that just cannot be beat.
My big complaint is that the beach at HBR is just too "hidden." There is no way to get in the ocean water at HBR. You can put on a swimsuit and go next door to El Dorado, where you can swim in a nice excavated swimming area and go for a long clothed beach walk. Unfortunately, to do this you'll have to exit HBR, enter El Dorado, pick your way through thousands of beach lounges and then share the beach and ocean with all 2,000,000 guests at El Dorado. If that isn't bad enough, none of these people know how to smile. What a bunch of downers. Sheesh, we walked a mile and I don't think a single person even acknowledged our existence, but it's okay because they all ignore each other, too. HBR ain't cheap, so it just irks me that HBR doesn't even give you the same surf-protected area for ocean swimming that the El Dorado folks get! They even have a good place to excavate a swimming area. As much as I like HBR, it is hard to forgive that omission.
We stayed at N Resort in Jamaica last year. A lot of guests at HBR were making the comparison, so I'm going to add my two cents' worth of comparison. N is much older, much cheaper, not in nearly as good condition, and the food is very good in its own right -- but almost nothing compares with the food with HBR. However, N has some things that HBR doesn't have: N has a fun water slide; lots of poolside games like bean bag toss; fun activities like "goat racing," a fun piano bar, and most importantly, N has an actual beach where you can go for a swim or a long walk (clothed or not) and just laze in the water. If I go to a nude beach resort, I expect to have a place where I can swim in the ocean nude. Duh!
To summarize, I think HBR is relaxing, luxurious, and expensive, whereas N has better activities, is generally more fun, about half the cost, and pretty tired looking. Which is better? Depends on what you want in your vacation. My wife prefers HBR and I have mixed feelings because I like the luxury at HBR (but don't require it) but I definitely miss the activities at N. If HBR gave us a beach with a place to swim and some more activities, it would be preferable. Or if N got a good dose of maintenance and updates, that would make a difference in their favor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel