My husband and just returned from our first vacation at Hidden Beach Resort. We read the posts for several months so there weren’t any real surprises. We can confirm:
1. The beach is probably the worst of any Caribbean resort we have visited
2. Guests and the staff are very open and friendly. The morning / lunch servers were terrific.
3. Guests lounging on the beach were attentively cared for
4. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
5. We only used room service on our first night, but it too was pretty good.
6. It is awkward to order drinks at the pool bar unless you are in the water. From outside the pool the bar tender takes your order by speaking to your belly button or below.
7. Drinks are typical resort – lots of mixes – not one decent Margareta. Good selection of top labels.
8. Although everyone tips only one bar tender made a hint of soliciting his tip. Service was good either way.
9. The pool is limiting, in the sense that volley ball can take up most of the late morning into afternoon. If you love to play, that’s great but ten steady days of it was boring.
10. The best feature after friendly guests are the restaurant choices at Seaside – no reservations needed, A real plus.
11. Entertainment is marginal, but in fairness few people go to the Moonlight Lounge after dinner and very few stay. This is an early to bed, early to rise resort, possibly due to a median guest age of 50 or so.
12. Almost every day guests from Seaside wander down the nude beach – one evening three males settled into the hot tub and pool. (not day pass guests, they were clear about that)
I became a little mystified regarding the rave reviews. This is not to say that we didn’t enjoy our stay. Hidden offer fewer amenities than most resorts, the difference is guests can relax nude. I might warn anyone who is not interested in advancing payment for future discounts - run if anyone mentions "The Exotic Travel Club". NO is pretty ineffective although we understand some guests receive discounts for agreeing to sit through the sales pitch. Maybe with the discount it would have been worth our time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel