We sent the following info as an email to the Hidden Beach management. Since we joined Exotic Travelers Club and plan to go back to Hidden Beach some more...we are hoping they keep improving and thus we take the time to give them our feedback. They have responded nicely to us in the past and this time...YEA.
We just spent April 6th through April 15th at Hidden Beach and are very pleased to see improvements being made to the facilities and to how it is now being managed. After our last visit in December 2009, we were starting to think that we would regret joining Exotic as Hidden Beach ’s facilities were looking more worn out, and no improvements were happening.
We first visited Hidden Beach in October 2008 and also joined Exotic at that time. When we returned in December 2009 we didn’t notice ANY improvements in anything. The service was still great, but the facilities were getting more run down. We were also greatly disappointed that the rooms and other parts of the facility were not yet remodeled. When we joined in 10/08, we were told that by early 2010, Hidden Beach would be remodeled and the rooms would be like those over in El Dorado Seaside.
On this trip, even though the Rooms remain really worn down, it was so good to see that other improvements had finally begun.
Some of the improvements we noticed between 12/09 and 4/10 were:
· Small cold wet towels being taken around during the afternoon
· Non-alcoholic fruit drinks being taken around during the day
· More & better activities during the day
· More palapola’s and they are in better condition
· Deck chairs, pads & umbrellas are all new and in good condition
· The 2 nights with live bands were really good entertainment and it attracted a lot of guests…they played the right kind of music that got people dancing as well as staying at the club longer…great nights!!
· A 2nd person serving drinks around the pool and beach was good
· 4 kinds of red wine to choose from…there was only one red wine in the past, and it was really lousy
· New menu’s…the old ones were so grungy and worn out that we didn’t want to touch them
· Beach is being kept clean…it wasn’t always in the past
· Yoga instructor this time was really very, very good
· Chairs in the dinner patio were back in good shape as last time the pads were so thin on top of the metal supports that you had to layer towels on the chairs to be comfortable
· Towels much more available…used to run out at times every day
The service was an is just great…these people really make us want to come back. They work hard and care about the guests. We both spent our careers in management, and it is easy to see how your staff all work together and team up to give the great service.
· Morning & Lunch…Jesus, Rommy, Aniceto & Angel
· Dinner…Isidro, Portfiro, Felix & Galadino
· Bar…Carlos, Esperanza, Cosme, and David (at night)
· Activities…Sergio & Daniel
· Office…Karla & Manuel
· Manager…Oscar (in the past we never knew of or saw the prior manager)…we found out that Oscar is new when we noticed him walking around with his pad of paper talking with staff and customers on how things were going etc…he is doing a great job. We are looking forward to see what more improvements will be made by the time we come back in December 2010.
We have some ideas on how to make Hidden Beach better…none of them are costly:
· The DJ needs to do A LOT better…on the night of the Music Trivia contest, what he plays afterwards is mostly OK. The other nights of Disco are terrible. There is a lot of talk about this between the guests that want to dance at night or just set around and listen to music and chat with folks. The evening starts out with a lot of people ready to dance and it doesn’t take long for almost everyone to leave complaining about the music. All your DJ needs to do is adjust to play the type of music he sees people dance to, and it would be OK. But instead, he puts on a preset track of songs (and sometimes leaves) and thus doesn’t adjust to what people like. One guest even brought out his own CD and offered it to the DJ to play. This should be so easy to fix and it would really make a difference to nearly half the guests at the resort.
· Start the night activities a half hour or hour sooner…many people comment that they don’t want to wait until 9:30pm to start.
· Some little pen like flashlights at the dinner tables on the patio would be nice to help folks read the menus…we see a lot of people struggling with reading the menu’s in the dark.
· Make wifi available throughout the resort or at least add it to the rooms…this is so cheap to do these days.
· Windbreaker curtains/devices in the evening activity area…we heard from Oscar that these were going to be put back in place…super!
· Thicker yoga pads…the ones you have are very, very thin for doing Yoga on cement.
· Better TV in the exercise area…it isn’t just the size being small, it’s sound and picture are bad.
· Some lighter weights (2 of each of the following…3 lb, 5 lb & 8 lb ) in the exercise room would be good for women as well as some guys who want to use while on the treadmill.
We would still like to know what the timing is on the REMODEL OF THE ROOMS & EXERCISE AREA…I know this is expensive, but the rooms really are getting run down (although kept very clean) and we were sold our Exotic Membership being told that this would all be done by early 2010.
Thanks and we’ll be back in 12/10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel