“Fantastic hotel with great service”

and 1 more site!
Mediterraneo Palace Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Amantea
Reviewed 12 July 2014

After my friend and I were slung off the train heading for Roma Termini (after discovering that buying an Intercity train ticket onboard would cost us an extra one hundred euros) we found ourselves abandoned on the platform under the burning sun, suitcase in hand, in Amantea. After asking a young boy if there were any local hotels, he pointed us to the Mediterraneo Palace Hotel. What I can say is, now I am glad for the broken journey and very happy to discover this hotel. Although I do speak Italian, all of the staff in the Reception area spoke English, and they were extremely helpful and very polite. Our room was modern and air conditioned, with a great shower. Another bonus is that in the basement there is a spa area, with an inside pool, turkish bath, small gym, and beauty treatments at a great price. The breakfast was varied, plentiful and of a good quality. The hotel also offers a transfer service from Lamezia airport for 40 euros. So, the next time I fly in with friends for a break, I will prebook my treatments that I spend a fortune for in London, we can all enjoy a spa day, then after dinner and a lovely breakfast we can head on to our destination. If all the service in Calabria was as good as this, they may find that their tourism would really start to grow. Congratulations need to be offered to this hotel in every aspect. The next morning after breakfast, we had a look around Amantea Centro Storico and then after lunch we were taken to the train station (via golf buggy). I looked at other residents there, and how well they were looked after, including a couple of older guests with disabilities. I will certainly come here again, and would recommend to anyone flying into Lamezia with a flight at an awkward time to take advantage of the facilities this hotel has to offer. Well done to you all, after our expulsion from the Intercity train, you made us smile again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FionaValentin
There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo Palace Hotel

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I want there for my 1st. time with a friend & her mother from Italy. Amantea is a buzzing little town, the staff at the hotel are welcoming and friendly, excellent value, clean spacious comfortable rooms, good restaurant. I liked the fact that the room had a balcony, I just wished that we had an sea view. There were a few to many wedding during our stay 3 nights out of 6.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CarolTB59
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2012 and was absolutely thrilled with everything about the place. It's definitely off the beaten track and therefore VERY reasonably priced. The room itself was perfect, huge with a large balcony overlooking the pool and the old town overhead, free WIFI that was very solid. I ate dinner at the hotel one night because I couldn't find anywhere interesting nearby,I thought it was adequate but nothing more.
Very nice stopover but nothing more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank brian6d
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We have returned in all seasons, very well situated to visit the region, Amantea is a buzzing little town, the staff at the hotel are welcoming and friendly, excellent value, clean spacious comfortable rooms, good restaurant. We love the rooms with sea view and veranda on the second floor..

Room Tip: We prefer the second and third floor rooms with sea view, they are spacious and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liliana H
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

The new part of the hotel is really nice and modern!!!! The rooms are a nice size, we have a balcony overlooking pool with a place to hang clothes to dry. The bar and the bar fridge was reasonable. The maids were nice the first couple days but I think they expected a tip because they were moody near the end of our 6 night stay. The front desk was soooo helpful and went out of their way many times expect do Daniella (I think that's her name). She had a short brown bob. She pretended not to speak english so that she didn't have to help us. Then when we tried to speak Italian she still pretended not to understand us (we got around the rest of Italy well with our Italian). On the last day I went to check out and guess what? She must have learned English in the few days we were there because she spoke to me completely in english. But I must stress that the rest of the staff was unbelievably accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We drove from Taormina, crossing on the Ferry and up the Autostrada in the off season.
About 3 hours to Amantea but I suspect it could be much longer in medium to heavy traffic.
The A-1 down here is not so hot.
Calabria is undiscovered for a reason I think. Amantea is old and there are the scars of history
but it doesn't come together as a destination for me. That said, the hotel is reliable and fairly priced. There was an extra charge to use the indoor pool which surprised me.
We drove another two hours to Maratea which was a real destination.
The Wifi didn't work in the room, a problem we encountered many times in Italy.

Room Tip: Higher up for the view of either the sea or the old town.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seattlesez
Reviewed 4 October 2011

After flying overnight from the US and arriving at Lamezia Terme airport, we had an easy drive of about 30 minutes to this very good hotel, located on the main state road near the center of lower Amantea, within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. While this contemporary hotel may not exude charm, rooms were large enough and impeccably clean. Their are two swimming pools; the indoor pool was not open on the day of our arrival, so check opening times if this is important to you.
The hotel offers a large, rectangular outdoor pool that will be appreciated by serious swimmers. There are plenty of lounge chairs for sunning.

Although morning coffee comes from a machine, the breakfast buffet is more than adequate, and pastries get high marks for quality and freshness.

The front desk staff is gracious and helpful and we offer special thanks to Rosalbino and Armando. The latter speaks English very well. We especially appreciated the hotel shuttle, which delivered us to the atmospheric upper town for dinner in the evening, and picked us up after our post-dinner stroll. We highly recommend the Clarisse restaurant, and the Bar/Gelateria Sicoli, whose gelato has been designated among the best in Italy by a major Italian newspaper.

While the hotel is not on the beach, the shuttle puts the sea within easy reach.

We enjoyed our brief visit and hope to return to spend more time in this delightful and unspoiled seaside town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amantea
Park Hotel Tyrrenian
Hotel Ristorante La Scogliera
Guest House Mare e Luna
Guest House Mare e Luna
#1 of 2 in Fiumefreddo Bruzio

Been to Mediterraneo Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!