“Lovely one night stay!”

The Old Manor House
Ranked #1 of 2 Halford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Old Manor House in September 2012. As a single Australian female doing a spontaneous road trip around the United Kingdom, I was extremely lucky to come across this beautiful guest house. I was greeted by Jane and their beautiful family dog, and I instantly felt welcome and safe. I had the joy of sitting in the garden for the afternoon and soaking in the idyllic English garden. Did not quite feel like reality. I only wish I had more people staying with me to help me eat the beautiful home made breakfast that was prepared for me using local ingredients! Bliss. Jane was also extremely helpful in providing advice as where to visit next and what I must see in the area! Thank you Jane, sorry it took me so long to put up a review! Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Staying at The Old Manor House is the fondest memory of our trip to the UK. The entire Pusey family was delightful, informative, hospitable and friendly. The breakfasts were the best we had anywhere and it was all made even better by Gertie's morning greeting. William and Jane went to great lengths to make a particular picnic extremely special (my boyfriend proposed! Gah! I'm giddy!) and then took us under their wing and celebrated our big moment with us. Such a wonderful place to stay! I really can't say enough splendid things about it. All I want to do is plan my next trip back so I can revisit this hidden little gem and the fabulous people running it. :)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

WE LOVED this home!!! Jane was a fabulous host and made us feel right at home. The evening we arrived she made reservations for us at a restaurant that was not far....it ended up being the BEST gourmet meal we ate in England!! Back to the manor: Our bedroom was SO comfortable...with probably the largest bathroom we have ever had!! Of all the B & B's we stayed in, this bed was the BEST. So comfortable. Jane cooked a delicious breakfast and helped us make plans for the day. We most enjoyed the family style breakfast table in which we visited with all the guests. We didn't want to leave...Jane was now our new friend, so fun and easy to talk to. Many parts of this manor were built in the 1500's. It "oozes" with charm and history!! The grounds and gardens were PRISTINE!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Old Manor House for two nights. It is a delightful house, full of character and beautifully furnished. William and Jane were the most charming and accommodating hosts. William greeted us on our arrival and then brought us tea and biscuits while we relaxed in their beautiful garden, in which Jane was working hard; we were lucky to visit when the roses were in full bloom.
Our bedroom was very well equipped and the bed was really comfortable. The bathroom had an abundance of soaps and lotions.
Breakfast on both days was delicious; do try the mushrooms with the cooked breakfast. During breakfast William checked with all the guests that they had their plans/transport sorted for the day.
Jane and William made us feel really welcome and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Janes' warm welcome and tea served in the drawing room overlooking the terrace was just a taster of four lovely days we spent in this beautiful Costwold manor. Quirky rooms with beams and wonky windows just added to the sense of stepping in to a dream world. Beautiful antiques alongside contemporary art indoors whilst the cottage style garden with seating areas overlooking the gorgeous countryside had us sighing with the relaxed pleasure of it all. And that is before we get to the perfectly cooked breakfast together with a good selection of fresh fruit and continental goodies. Nothing was too much trouble for our tireless hostess ably assisted by her charming son Charles and of course two very friendly dogs. I cant wait to stay in this lovely home again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Recently returned from a stay at The Old Manor House. We stayed in Underhill room and it is described as having en-suite facilities. However, the bathroom wasn't accessible from the bedroom i.e. it was in the corridor. Although bathrobes were provided we still felt uncomfortable as other quests were staying further along the corridor.

The house and grounds were beautiful and the breakfast was good although portions were rather small and very little choice of cereals.

Jane and William were very friendly and the dogs were adorable!

Room Tip: Ask for bedroom overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rodgejc
oldmanor, Owner at The Old Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

What a pity that your stay here wasn't as expected. We try to explain to all guests who stay in this room that the landing area with adjacent bathroom is private to them. The door that is visible remains locked at all times. Thus feeling uncomfortable should not be an issue. I think that I make it quite clear from the outset that comfort for my guests is paramount. We provide a very large selection of cereals and guests often apologise for not being able to finish their breakfast!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My stay here was, in a word, flawless. It was absolutely prefect. Welcomed with a cup of tea and biscuits and two lovely dogs plus the biggest smiles from the owners. In every category that one might judge a B&B by, this excelled, cleanliness, comfort, decour, location, welcome, breakfast, honestly everything. I stopped here on the first night of the Shakespeare Way walk simply as a place to rest my feet but i now can not wait to book again for my girlfriend and I. Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halford
The Old Kiln House Bed and Breakfast
The Old Kiln House Bed and Break...
#1 of 11 in Shipston-on-Stour
Halford Bridge Inn
Halford Bridge Inn
#2 of 2 in Halford
The Norman Knight
The Norman Knight
#3 of 11 in Shipston-on-Stour

Been to The Old Manor House? Share your experiences!