“Weekend Break”
Review of Halford Bridge Inn

Halford Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Halford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in the 'Shared Moment' suite.
The room was fantastic, spacious and very comfortable.
Breakfast was a joy with a good selection to choose from and the service was very efficient with very pleasant staff looking after us.
We had a meal in the restaurant on the first night which was good but felt that the menu could have had more variety and choice.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and would not hesitate in recommending the Halford to anyone who wishes to explore the surrounding areas especially Stratford and Warwick.
D & J -West Yorkshire

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We ate at The Halford today on our way back to the Midlands after a business meeting in Chipping Norton. We just saw the sign and pulled in which proved to be a great decision.

Great welcome, great service, great food and nice surroundings all very clean and well presented.

Not the cheapest place but really really good food so we don't mind paying that little bit more.
Food was plentiful, well presented, well cooked. Perfect.

We will be back as it is a great halfway house to meet up for lunch with some of our kids who live in London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

my headlights well one of them went together with one spot about three miles north of Halford last sunday evening about 9.20 . I seemed to remember a hotel/coaching inn in Halford and pulled up at 9.30.

i was greeted by a warm friendly smile supplied by Carrie (Kerry) and yes there was a room available. Hot food had stopped but would I like a sandwich, cheese and tomato i asked for and when it arrived it was a triple decker.

The room was lovely and warm, the ambience was lovely and Carrie (Kerry) was kind and made me feel at home.

The owner Melissa at breakfast was of the same mould too.

Thank you Carrie(Kerry) for being marvellous.

Martin Macpherson

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for night on business. I prefer to stay in homely places rather than dull faceless hotels. A lovely welcome received by the Manager/Owner and promptly took me to my room in the courtyard. It was very spacious and nicely decorated but could do with reorganising. Please put the mirror above the dressing table.....so much easier for females to get ready rather than trying to lean over a sofa. The room had been converted as a disabled room and therefore the bathroom was huge but no heating other than a towel rail, cold even in March!

They happily provided room service, which was delivered promptly. I ordered the chicken and wild mushroom pie, they oddly used thigh meat? And to be honest rather tasteless.

I would stay here again as it had a lovely ambience, and loved the peaceful setting.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

What can I say? I have not even had my holiday at the Halford and already I am impressed. My rating is based entirely of my experience of the Halford's customer care, which many travelers will appreciate is often lacking in many hotels.

I booked the Halford for April 25th - 2 May this year, last Saturday (a gift from my family having recently celebrated my 50th birthday) via an on line booking site. I happpened to mention that I had mobility issues and almost immediately the Halford was in contact with me, offering special accommodation off their courtyard on the ground floor.

I was totally impressed with the quick response to my emails. Melissa at the Halford must never leave the place. Being a bit of a night owl, many emails were written in the early hours, yet this morning just after 7.30 am a response from the ever efficient Melissa to an email written close to midnight last night. Now, that really IS customer care!!

So Melissa, take a bow, you have done the Halford proud and impressed me! Now, instead of fretting about things (as is often the case when I travel), I am now happy and content and looking forward to enjoying a much needed and longed for holiday.

Room Tip: Ground room off the courtyard if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Have just returned home from a weekend at The Halford and can not compliment this beautiful hotel enough! We spent two nights in the suite and did not want to leave!
Comfy bed, big bath, traditional features mixed with a trendy modern twist - Not forgetting a breakfast worth getting out of bed for.

We also enjoyed a lovely dinner in the hotel restaurant on our second night - the food, wine and service were all first class.

You can tell that the staff and owners truly care about their guests - this is rare and in a very competitive industry it makes all the difference.
Thank you for a wonderful stay - looking forward to returning in the summer.
X Emma

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I first visited The Halford last March where my partner booked us into the suite. As we were staying there for 3 days it was just right with the extra space and separate lounge area and we had a truly lovely meal on our first night. On this occasion we were staying (unfortunately) for just one night and had a double room called Alexs Rainbow. Again it was cosy and just right even the traffic outside didnt phase us. The only downside was the window in the double room not opening for ventilation. However, the staff are welcoming and accommodating and will go out there way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. A lovely old building with uneven floors and tasteful decor,The Halford has the right amount of charm and beauty without being pretentious and i would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halford
The White Bear
The Old Manor House
The Old Manor House
#1 of 2 in Halford
The Old Kiln House Bed and Breakfast
The Old Kiln House Bed and Break...
#1 of 11 in Shipston-on-Stour

Been to Halford Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!