All reviews water taxi bocas del toro main island private room great food place to stay other islands every night other guests hospital point beautiful place family dinner other travelers hot water amazing staff jungle hike a great experience
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Bad surprise was The dinner. They told us to sign in for the dinner before 6.30pm , but after our hike at 6 pm everything except the soup for 9$ was sold out. When we left at 3 pm they couldn't say, what the dinner will be, so we couldn't sign in early... Very disappointing.
Breakfast also to expensive, for what you get...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 304dominik
SlorpBop, Manager at Bambuda Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Good evening, Dominik,

Sometimes that can happen that different items sell out, as we only offer a certain portion of each meal (4 different options). The chefs base what they're cooking on what's available, which has to be determined the same day. Unfortunately we are not aware of what dinner will be until a little after 4PM, as stated during check in. Since your stay, we have spoken with the kitchen staff about offering more portions for the meals, improving the issue you had during your stay.

The breakfast we are in the process of improving and renovating, as well! Because we are on the islands, even more another island that is secluded and less-developed, the food prices are higher than some other areas in Bocas. Everything in Bocas is automatically more expensive than areas on the mainland simply because of transportation costs and availability.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it greatly!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I went there after being in Bocas for a month because I wanted to take a break from the party scene in Colon Island and this was the perfect option! This is more than just a lodge. The food in there made by A CHEF its AMAZING good, I love the way that they made a group dinner in a way all the guest can chill together. Otherwise is so relaxing that would prefer to bring a book instead of using the internet. It's amazing to hear the animals from the jungle and be "far" from the other islands. There is no a place like this with this view in Bocas

p.s. If you are a backpacker and you want to cook your own meals this is not the best option for you

Room Tip: even the shared room is worth it
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I've checked out a few hostels in Bocas, Bambuda is still my favourite, perfect if you want to relax, chill and while at it still meet new people.
If surfing is why you are there, I would recommend you to rent a board on the main island since there is no surfing in Solarte ;)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights and had the most fantastic experience ever! Had booked a room with shared bathroom but for some reason I got a free upgrade to a jungle bungalow with private bathroom and superbe vieuw of the ocean. The food is amazing for a reasonable price and in the evening everybody comes to the lounge / restaurant for drinks and dinner and after dinner...The vibes were brilliant and I made many new friends. I also loved the pool and the famous waterslide right into the ocean. The staff was very friendly and everything well organized. They have laundry service and can arrange all your transfers.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I stayed at the Bambuda Lodge in October and had the greatest experience. It was my first time backpacking and staying in hostels and I couldn't have been luckier to start at a place like this. The staff was absolutely awesome and the grounds were beautiful. I cannot say enough about the food - I can't even emphasize how AMAZING it was. Each meal was so good I was actually bummed out when we missed dinner one night. The only thing that threw me off a bit was that the private room I stayed in had this like faint pee smell - I just associated it with the fact that they recycle their water. My friend's room and the dorms didn't have this same smell so I'm not sure. Despite this, I would 100% recommend this to anyone and everyone and can't wait until I get to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Ocean had beautiful views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends