This place was fantastic! We arrived early in the morning to the resort and were welcomed at the dock by Helen. We paid too much for the water taxi so when you go remember to go to JamPan for you water taxi. Our room by the pool was beautiful and clean. It opened onto a deck with a hammock that over looked the back dock and if you sit still enough you can see the hummingbirds come to the feeder. Even though you are on the island we still had electricity and potable running water. It was great to see how they are totally self sustaining. Bob and Helen were great hosts to their place in paradise. They were really helpful in giving us information on tours (public and private) of the surrounding areas, calling for transportation, making sure we were well fed, and always had a cold drink in our hand. The atmosphere was relaxed and felt like home. You were always welcome to the ice and drinks in the fridge. Everything is on the honor system. The girls (Johana and Magali) were really nice, great cooks, took care of the rooms, and Magali gives wonderful massages. For those long days out and about. The island dog, Malo, is so friendly and will alert you of your taxi at the dock. You can warm up on your snorkeling skills in the pool and then head to the back dock where you can see starfish, red snapper, and if you are lucky Barry the barracuda. Make sure to bring your camera they have lots of really nice flowers and plants on the island to look at. We are very happy we stayed there and are telling all of our friends and relatives about it. We hope to make it back again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small private island Bed and Breakfast located in a tropical setting of Bocas Del Toro, Panama. The resort offers a swimming pool, kayaks, snorkeling, game room with pool table, restaurant and bar. Don't go to the Caribbean to just rent a room, come here where you can rent an island. We can accommodate up to 10 adults comfortably. Sorry no guests under 18 yrs of age. Close enough to Bocas to shop yet far enough to be as private as you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Garden of Eden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Of Eden Hotel Isla Solarte
- Hotel Garden Of Eden
- Garden Of Eden Inn Panama/Isla Solarte, Bocas Del Toro