This place is a little hard to get too, but ultimately worthwhile. It's a three hour car journey to Maya from Cebu City, then a 40 minute boat ride to Malapascua. The boat will drop you right outside the resort.
The rooms were clean (if slightly damp smelling). Ask for the rooms away from the sea at the back of the resort - they are newer, less damp, and bigger. The restaurant serves a mix of Filipino and Western food with a great value barbecue on Wednesdays.
The diving was pretty good (but in July the visibility is pretty bad - 5-10m). You're pretty much guaranteed thresher sharks if you stay 5 or more days. One group we were with saw a mola-mola as well. The guides are very good, but they are in demand and occasionally you might be stuck with a temporary one or an instructor who's not a local as a guide. They try to have a single guide with a group for the whole holiday but this is often not possible. Remember to tip them generously if you see something special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are thinking of diving or staying in Malapascua consider us your first choice. We have everything you need for a relaxing, exciting, enjoyable stay with first class facilities and service. Exotic is the pioneer dive resort on Malapascua. The first dive shop to open on the island in 1998, Exotic has grown over the years and is now the leading dive resort on the island, without compromising its original laid-back charm and outstanding service. Our continued expansion is a result of our customer’s loyalty and desire to revisit and share their Exotic experience with others. Why not come and see what brings people back to us year after year? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Hotel Malapascua Island
- Malapascua Exotic Island Dive And Beach Resort